Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Replacing old sprite sheets with new tags/fixes
Hey there guys.  First post on this account, but I used to have one a while back I submitted a ton of sheets with.  Not sure what happened to it.  

Anyways, I was hoping to re-submit some of my Metal Slug sheets with some fixes and new tags that have my new email.  I'm pretty sure I remember having to post sheets here on the forums in the past to get them posted on TSR.  Don't remember the "add new sheet" button, so I'm assuming that's new.  

So I guess my question is, how do I go about submitting these updated ones?  Do I just use the new sheet button, or do I have to get in contact with someone, or what?  Sorry if this is a dumb question.
Thanked by:
Just post the revised sheets here, a member of the staff will replace it for you if you wish. Smile

A revision/update button is in the works as well, so it won't be done like this forever.
[Image: 582217063e.png][Image: RWDCRik.png]

Thanked by: puggsoy
Understood, thanks for the info. I guess I'll start posting them then.

[Image: exyisc7pg]

Marco from Metal Slug 5, but the sheet has been used on TSR for every arcade MS game.

[Image: f000dxYag]

Same for Fio.

I also have sheets of Tarma and my recently-finished Eri, but there's sheets for both of them already existing that are more extensive than mine, so it would be pointless to post them, as much as I want to show them off. :/

[Image: exD8wEcZg]

Blood sheet, also from MS5 but posted for the other arcade MS games as well.

[Image: idW8Y1uBg]

Aaaaand the blood sheet. Same deal.

Forgot the Metal Slug sheet:

[Image: kpHItyKlg]

As for the Metal Slug Advance sheets:

[Image: kqbUeoVkg]

^Sarubia.

[Image: f0KrWYyZg]

^Formor.

[Image: pbIxKB6Vg]

^Rebel Soldier.

[Image: iqm24IeIg]

^Girida-O

[Image: ipHo5xdrg]

^Allen Jr.

[Image: ipQobB45g]

^And the short-but-sweet R-Shobu.

I'd assume it's a hassle to repost all these sheets on TSR for minor changes, and for that I apologize. If you refused to, I'd understand.
Two things that would simplify this:
  • For such massive sheets, just post links to the images, embedding them makes it a bit hard to see where one ends and another begins. Alternatively embed them in separate spoilers. Just as long as it's easy to tell them apart, for example unless I scroll real carefully, I'd scroll down to Fio's sheet without realising I'm past Marco's. It's also just a lot to scroll through regardless.
  • If you post links to sheets you want replaced that makes it much easier, so we don't have to find them ourselves. The game and sheet name is obviously enough but links just make it way simpler and quicker.

In any case I'll get onto replacing them now Smile

EDIT: I see the existing sheets have the submitter name of Kevin Huff, which I assume is you. Would you like this changed to something else or not?
EDIT2: Never mind, I see your submitter name is Kevin Huff. I'll just leave it at that.
EDIT3: In addition to the point above, it'd be good if you could host your images to a website that allows direct linking (such as imgur). ImageShack requires me to download the image to my computer (directly on the website, no less), then upload it to TSR again. It's OK to do if you prefer using ImageShack, but it's quicker if I can just paste the link to the image.
You may have a fresh start any moment you choose, for this thing that we call "failure" is not the falling down, but the staying down. -Mary Pickford
Thanked by: Garamonde
Alright, sorry about that. I'll just post links in the future for big sheets like this.

Yeah, wanna keep just using my real name. Just a different email now is all. Can't even get into my old @yahoo one anymore. :/
Thanked by: puggsoy
OK. By the way, just checking, do you want those MS5 sheets to replace the corresponding in all other arcade MS games as well? That is, MS, MS2/X, MS3, MS4, and MS6? I assume that's what you mean but just want to make sure.

Oh, and should I rename Tall Tank from MSA to Sarubia? I'm assuming that's the official name.
You may have a fresh start any moment you choose, for this thing that we call "failure" is not the falling down, but the staying down. -Mary Pickford
Thanked by:
I'm also curious, you know, because I recognise your name... You used to run a sprite archive of your own, mostly featuring Kirby games, right? We're talking maybe 8 or 9 years ago?

I think my brother used to talk to you sometimes. I'm not quite sure, I just recognise the name Kevin Huff from a long time ago...
Tsunami Bomb - The Simple Truth
We could run away
Leave behind anything paper
Not knowing where we're going to stay
When there's no Mondays

You're part of me, it's so easy to see the simple truth
When I'm in your arms, I feel safe from harm and sorrow too
But most of all, nothing couldn't be solved when I'm with you
Thanked by:
(11-15-2014, 04:39 AM)Dazz Wrote: I'm also curious, you know, because I recognise your name... You used to run a sprite archive of your own, mostly featuring Kirby games, right? We're talking maybe 8 or 9 years ago?

I think my brother used to talk to you sometimes. I'm not quite sure, I just recognise the name Kevin Huff from a long time ago...

Yeah, I sure did.  What was your brother's name?

(11-15-2014, 03:46 AM)puggsoy Wrote: OK. By the way, just checking, do you want those MS5 sheets to replace the corresponding in all other arcade MS games as well? That is, MS, MS2/X, MS3, MS4, and MS6? I assume that's what you mean but just want to make sure.

Oh, and should I rename Tall Tank from MSA to Sarubia? I'm assuming that's the official name.

Yeah, if that's not too much of an issue. I'd understand if it's a bit too tedious to go through all of those games to change them though.

And yes, Sarubia is the name of that tank as far as I can remember. Big Grin
Thanked by:
(11-15-2014, 08:10 AM)Keeavin Wrote: Yeah, I sure did.  What was your brother's name?

Psycho, Pzycho, no idea... He goes by Patient Zero on here now. It's nice to see someone from the old stays still be around Smile
Tsunami Bomb - The Simple Truth
We could run away
Leave behind anything paper
Not knowing where we're going to stay
When there's no Mondays

When I'm in your arms, I feel safe from harm and sorrow too
But most of all, nothing couldn't be solved when I'm with you
Thanked by:
Hey, those sheets sure are amazing! I've been meaning to rip some MS stuff but never got into it.
[Image: lhjFt57.gif][Image: sX7JK6W.gif][Image: 4BB3IOO.gif][Image: qHY3ZCP.gif][Image: oCiv6RT.gif][Image: RNSMdiR.gif][Image: gx5wm3G.gif][Image: ld7rSgS.gif]
Thanked by:
(11-15-2014, 08:28 AM)Dazz Wrote:
(11-15-2014, 08:10 AM)Keeavin Wrote: Yeah, I sure did.  What was your brother's name?

Psycho, Pzycho, no idea... He goes by Patient Zero on here now. It's nice to see someone from the old stays still be around Smile

I totally do remember him!  I'm gonna have to try to get in contact with him.  Makes me really happy to know that people from the old days are still around, and it's flattering that anybody still remembers me from back then, especially since most of what I've ripped has been lost to the sands of time.  Can you link me to some of his stuff and/or help me get in touch with him?  The fact that you remember my name means a hell of a lot too.  Big Grin

(11-15-2014, 08:54 AM)Magma Dragoon Wrote: Hey, those sheets sure are amazing! I've been meaning to rip some MS stuff but never got into it.

Hey thanks man, I appreciate it.
Thanked by:
HERE I AM.

Always nice to see someone from the old days turning up, I don't even do anything sprite-related anymore, haven't done for years but I just enjoy shooting the breeze here.

(I think my handle was actually "pzycho_style" for the longest time, you may remember me as the try-hard ubergoth with a dumb haircut, then I went by "TAK" for a while, and now I just use my stage name because pffft, effort)
B A N D C A M P - T W I T T E R - T U M B L R - Y O U T U B E - G 1 5
Call me aggressive, call me obscene,
but you've always called me sir when you've invaded my dreams.
Thanked by: Ton
(11-15-2014, 10:17 AM)PatientZero Wrote: HERE I AM.

Always nice to see someone from the old days turning up, I don't even do anything sprite-related anymore, haven't done for years but I just enjoy shooting the breeze here.

(I think my handle was actually "pzycho_style" for the longest time, you may remember me as the try-hard ubergoth with a dumb haircut, then I went by "TAK" for a while, and now I just use my stage name because pffft, effort)

I totally remember you dude. Big Grin Glad to see you again. I've completely lost contact with everyone else I used to know from the sprite-ripping scene years ago.

I hardly do sprites anymore either; every once in a while I randomly get an urge to rip something, and for the past few years on-and-off that's been various Metal Slug sprites. My goal was to finish sheets of the four main characters, and I've finished that now, so I'm satisfied. Even though two of them will probably never see the light of day because of there already being bigger sheets on this site already. But I wanted that sense of self-gratification.

Anyways, what are you up to now?
Thanked by:
(11-15-2014, 10:28 AM)Keeavin Wrote: Anyways, what are you up to now?

These days I'm pretty much just a musician, but I'm a sort of jack-of-all-trades, and there aren't many trades I haven't jacked.
Programming, games development, computer security, graphic design, even got some medical experience under my belt, I've kind of done it all but right now I'm happiest as a musician.

I think this thread is getting kind of derailed though, might be best to hit me up in a PM if you want to chat more.
B A N D C A M P - T W I T T E R - T U M B L R - Y O U T U B E - G 1 5
Call me aggressive, call me obscene,
but you've always called me sir when you've invaded my dreams.
Thanked by: puggsoy, Ton
Phew, all done. I didn't see an existing Achilles sheet in any game but MS5 so I assume he isn't in any of the others? If he is feel free to submit him yourself.

I also noticed that both Marco and Eri are missing in MS6, despite being in the character select screen. You can submit those as well.
Thanked by: