Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Super Smash Bros. Wii U File Formats
Today I want to talk about Super Smash Bros. Wii U File Formats. Does anyone think it uses the same formats like Super Smash Bros. Brawl? .PAC, .PCS, .BRRES, & .MDL0. If it does I might edit a stage.
[Image: 33426ca52b.png]
Thanked by:
Well, wii U ripping is currently impossible, so we can only guess, really.
Wouldn't be surprised if it has SOME BRRES files in there. Somewhere.
A better question is what file formats does the 3DS use?
[Image: jcKgJbX.png]
Thanked by: Lilothestitch
Wink 
(11-13-2014, 10:05 AM)nateismyname Wrote: Well, wii U ripping is currently impossible, so we can only guess, really.
Wouldn't be surprised if it has SOME BRRES files in there.  Somewhere.
A better question is what file formats does the 3DS use?

It's true that Wii U ripping is impossible. Let's assume that we can rip from Wii U & SSB4 Wii U uses BRRES. If it does, I'll probably edit Delfino Plaza & import the Grand Pianta Statue & the Red Canon to Pinna Park in the background.
Thanked by:
I assure you that SSB Wii U will NOT have BRRES.
Hell, SSB 3DS uses the .BCH format, which I think RandomTbush is still working on (Maybe).
I think you're a little ambitious to be talking about wii u ripping currently.
We haven't even figured out how to properly rip from the 3DS yet.
So chill, wait till the hackers to do their thing, and THEN we can discuss formats.
Wink 
(11-13-2014, 10:16 AM)nateismyname Wrote: I assure you that SSB Wii U will NOT have BRRES.
Hell, SSB 3DS uses the .BCH format, which I think RandomTbush is still working on (Maybe).
I think you're a little ambitious to be talking about wii u ripping currently.
We haven't even figured out how to properly rip from the 3DS yet.
So chill, wait till the hackers to do their thing, and THEN we can discuss formats.

Right, then I'll wait to see how this plays out.
Thanked by: eureka
I'm so confident that it will use different file formats, that I will move into the wilderness and live there for two weeks (without food) if I'm wrong. That is a bet. I'm serious.

No food. Minimal water. Wilderness for two weeks.

[Image: 2014-11-19_1823.png]
Thanked by: Lilothestitch, eureka
(11-13-2014, 10:30 AM)Pik Wrote: I'm so confident that it will use different file formats, that I will move into the wilderness and live there for two weeks (without food) if I'm wrong. That is a bet. I'm serious.

Okay. I see. I also wonder what files they used as well, but lets wait until it is possible to rip Wii U Models.
Thanked by:
(11-13-2014, 10:30 AM)Pik Wrote: I'm so confident that it will use different file formats, that I will move into the wilderness and live there for two weeks (without food) if I'm wrong. That is a bet. I'm serious.

Reminds me of Moses for some reason. Hehe.
But really, it will be like, 100 percent different file format.
There is NO way it could EVEN be CLOSE to BRRES.
That is a fact.
Maybe.
Did anyone watch the 50 fact Extravaganza video for Super Smash Bros. for Wii U?
Thanked by:
There's a thread for discussing Smash Wii U, and they talk about the 50 fact thing there.

Also yeah, I saw it.

Thanked by: eureka, Lilothestitch
I actually wouldn't be surprised if it was a VARIATION of the BRRES format.
It's my personal theoy, but it's most likely a entirely different format.
Thanked by: Lilothestitch, Pik
(11-13-2014, 10:42 AM)Pik Wrote: There's a thread for discussing Smash Wii U, and they talk about the 50 fact thing there.

Also yeah, I saw it.

I saw it as well. i heard Mewtwo is returning as a playable character but it is a DLC. I still want to see Dialga & Groudon as Poke Ball & Master Ball Pokemon.
Thanked by:
Come to think of it, Mario Kart 8 uses an updated version of the BRRES format. (BFRES) So it's possible that Smash 4 will use something similar after all. (Basically what Nate said)

I just doubt it will use the exact formats as Brawl. An updated version of the format, maybe.

Thanked by: Lilothestitch, eureka
(11-14-2014, 11:00 AM)Pik Wrote: Come to think of it, Mario Kart 8 uses an updated version of the BRRES format. (BFRES) So it's possible that Smash 4 will use something similar after all. (Basically what Nate said)

I just doubt it will use the exact formats as Brawl. An updated version of the format, maybe.

What is BFRES?
Thanked by:
I... explained what it was in my earlier post

Thanked by: eureka, [robo9]