Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Pokemen: Of Pocket Monsters and Pocket Men
I have a pretty cool idea. I love Pokemon, and I like the idea of people AS Pokemon, so what if there was a parallel universe where Pokemon are human beings? Each "person" would have the appearance and the ability of the pokemon they were influenced by. For example: a woman based on a Gengar would have the hair do similar to the top part of gengar's head, having the "ears" be a part of her hair style, wears a purple dress or black if she's based on a shiny, etc.

Also, their world would be the same as the video game universe, but instead of the pokemen using a pokemon to battle, they use THEMSELVES to battle cause they have the powers now. Of course, some pokemen would live in civilization, while other pokemen live in the wild. Those that are "captured" are probably in a kennel for "adoption" or whatever sounds less tromitizing to the younger audience.

So what do you think?
Thanked by:
Well, Pokémon Mystery dungeon is somewhat like that in that it's a parallel dimension where there are no humans and the Pokémon have developed their own civilizations.

And this idea sounds essentially like some sort of "Gijinka" Pokémon thing.

I'm also unclear as to what exactly you're pitching this as: a show? a comic? a fangame?
Salvador Dali Wrote: Begin by learning to draw and paint like the old masters. After that, you can do as you like; everyone will respect you.
[Image: shrine.gif]
Thanked by: Zapchu25
You mean like this?
[Image: KCDqQPc.png]
[Image: ndsMEF0.gif][Image: sig.gif]
Thanked by: Garamonde, puggsoy, -¼-, recme
(11-02-2014, 06:01 AM)Vipershark Wrote: You mean like this?
[Image: KCDqQPc.png]

Something like that.
Thanked by:
I think Sketchasaurus and Vipershark are concerned that your idea isn't original enough. The human Pokémon thing has been done a few times before, so your best option is to innovate it somehow. Try to bring something fresh to the table that'll make your series different from all the other ones.
(02-27-2014, 07:31 PM)Gors Wrote: DO NOT BE AFRAID TO SUCK. DO NOT BE AFRAID TO SHOW YOUR SUCKY ART. I think this needs to go noticed to everyone, because sucking is not failing. Sucking is part of the fun of learning and if you don't suck, then you won't own at pixelart

it's ok to suck, sucking is not bad, just try and aim to always do your best!
Thanked by:
(11-02-2014, 09:14 AM)E-Man Wrote: I think Sketchasaurus and Vipershark are concerned that your idea isn't original enough. The human Pokémon thing has been done a few times before, so your best option is to innovate it somehow. Try to bring something fresh to the table that'll make your series different from all the other ones.

Eh, it figures. Im not good at coming up with original concepts unless it was my own original characters.
Thanked by:
Let me re-edit this:

It's going to be a short comic idea. My friend recommended this to me.

The idea is we have a lonely scientist who needs a girlfriend, yet all he has is his pokemon. So what he did is use a machine to turn a female pokemon into a woman. BUT, he ends up using a male pokemon instead, and winds up with another male in his laboratory. This can't be good. Tongue

(Note: this isn't yaoi)

So what do you think?
Thanked by:
That sounds pretty disturbing.
Thanked by:
So you're pretty much doing this:
[Image: 18.jpg?t=1242628274]
but with Pokemon? Geez brah
[Image: 803ce84258.gif]
Thanked by: recme
Alright, forget it then. I'm sorry for such a stupid idea.

This is why I dont want to be here, cause all my idea's are so broken and unoriginal, I'll never be that good as anyone else.
Thanked by:
Numa, please don't talk that way. It makes you sound like a quitter and it give people the impression that you only talk that way to reach out for their sympathy. The latter of which is very annoying to a lot of users.

Anyway, your Pokémon idea is not that flawed. It's potentially a great idea, but it needs some more tweaks to make it awesome. For starters, how about a shading organization is after the device? When they try to steal it, there was a malfunction that changed several more Pokémon into humans. It's up to the scientist and his Pokémon to reverse the damage. Sure, the idea still has a long way to go, but you like where this is going?
(02-27-2014, 07:31 PM)Gors Wrote: DO NOT BE AFRAID TO SUCK. DO NOT BE AFRAID TO SHOW YOUR SUCKY ART. I think this needs to go noticed to everyone, because sucking is not failing. Sucking is part of the fun of learning and if you don't suck, then you won't own at pixelart

Thanked by: psychospacecow, DNFnuma
(11-02-2014, 05:54 PM)E-Man Wrote: Numa, please don't talk that way. It makes you sound like a quitter and it give people the impression that you only talk that way to reach out for their sympathy. The latter of which is very annoying to a lot of users.

Anyway, your Pokémon idea is not that flawed. It's potentially a great idea, but it needs some more tweaks to make it awesome. For starters, how about a shading organization is after the device? When they try to steal it, there was a malfunction that changed several more Pokémon into humans. It's up to the scientist and his Pokémon to reverse the damage. Sure, the idea still has a long way to go, but you like where this is going?

Yeah, I see you point. But, I'll have to go over this with you later.
Thanked by:
This is really weird of an idea like many people up there pointed out, and only niche people would enjoy it i think. I know i wouldn't. honestly speaking.
Spriter Gors】【Bandcamp】【Twitter】【YouTube】【Tumblr】【Portifolio
If you like my C+C, please rate me up. It helps me know I'm helping!
[Image: deT1vCJ.png]
Thanked by:
Numa, don't let others influence you too much, or you won't ever get out. I can tell that you have a story to tell, go for it! You have potential, don't let it go to waste or you'll become a big time no-name loser like me. Make your comic first, then we'll be able to tell if it's bad or not, as much as you will be. Because right now, it's only an idea and it's pointless to further debate if it will be good or not, you will have to try. If you never try, you'll never acquire any skill, you'll stay as you are now, a clueless no-name with bursting creativity...

How unfortunate.
Thanked by: E-Man
(11-03-2014, 07:50 AM)Gors Wrote: This is really weird of an idea like many people up there pointed out, and only niche people would enjoy it i think.

That brings up an interesting point.

Numa, even though your idea probably won't fly here, you could at least get a few fans here who actually like it. Everyone has different tastes, so the chance of gathering fans here and anywhere else is very likely. A lot of cult followings are like that and as long as you keep your cool, it'll only grow.

Thanked by: