Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Unpacker for Run Sackboy! Run!
I've been wanting to extract the models from Run Sackboy! Run! but any PAK unpacker that I find doesn't work. Run Sackboy! Run! is free for devices running iOS 6+, so you should be able to get the PAK file easily. If you don't want to download the iOS app, I can PM you the PAK file of Run! Sackboy! Run!
Thanked by:
I'd download the IPA but it's a tad large. If you could PM me the PAK that would be good.
You may have a fresh start any moment you choose, for this thing that we call "failure" is not the falling down, but the staying down. -Mary Pickford
Thanked by:
The PAK is the almost same size as the app itself. I'll send you the PAK file anyways.
Thanked by:
Ah yeah, it is. Well, it was hosted on Mega which is still faster for me (since I'm in NZ).

Anyway, I found a QuickBMS script for it that's supposed to work, but for some reason it doesn't. What version is this PAK from?
You may have a fresh start any moment you choose, for this thing that we call "failure" is not the falling down, but the staying down. -Mary Pickford
Thanked by:
The latest app version, I believe. If you're asking what PAK version, I don't know. This is what shows up at the beginning of the PAK file: 1KAP1
Thanked by:
Hm, strange. The file posted here is much larger than yours, and seems to work with the script. I'd guess that it's from a later version of the app, but if yours is the latest then I'm not sure.
Thanked by: Kawasuzu
Yeah, I'm guessing that the creators of Run Sackboy! Run! removed some hidden goodies and changed their compression. Anyways, that PAK file worked with the script. Thank you!

Apparently there's a few files that I don't know how to get access to.
.dat
.geo Found a QuickBMS script that converts .geo files to .3ds files.
.bmp (it's a weird bmp format)
.pfa
.neo
.ace

I will try to find a way to unpack at least one of these files.
Thanked by:
I cannot seem to be able to get a hold of an unpacker that can actually unpack these files.
Thanked by:
All of the files have random extensions, the script doesn't specify any name so QuickBMS just gives them hexidecimally numbered names and the extension is guessed by looking at the file. For example a file has the extension .ace simply because the first three letters in the file are "ace". The .cpp files are deduced due to the syntax.

Looking at the files, can't really figure any of them out. The .geo files might be models, but otherwise I dunno.
Thanked by:
The .geo files are actually models. I managed to find a QuickBMS script that converts the bms files to the 3ds file format. I'm going to try to get the models put onto Models Resource.
Thanked by: puggsoy