Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Livin' la vida Numa (Goodbye, deviantArt)
I gave up my career as an artist on deviantArt earlier today, cause I can not handle the pain and suffering of my lonely life anymore. I want to get away from deviantArt, never to return. I now feel even more lonely, cause I finally abandoned my hopes, my dreams, but most of all, my fans who supported me. I am now ashamed at myself.

So if you want, you can either just comfort me, or hate me. It doesn't matter.
Thanked by: UploadingShitOnly
Um... Welcome to the forums? Unsure
[Image: 582217063e.png][Image: RWDCRik.png]

Thanked by:
I know how you feel about deviantart.
Thanked by:
... No idea who you are but you sound like a bit of a drama queen. Lighten up, take it easy, and just be yourself man.
Tsunami Bomb - The Simple Truth
We could run away
Leave behind anything paper
Not knowing where we're going to stay
When there's no Mondays

You're part of me, it's so easy to see the simple truth
When I'm in your arms, I feel safe from harm and sorrow too
You're part of me, it's so easy to see the simple truth
But most of all, nothing couldn't be solved when I'm with you
Thanked by: E-Man, Garamonde
This is Numa, guys. I know him from DA and he and I are more or less friends. Just so you know, he tends to be a bit sensitive and tends to overreact from time to time. Of course, I think you already figured that out.

Anyway, pal, it's nice to have you here, but don't get so hard on yourself. Just take whatever critique you get and don't lash out.
(02-27-2014, 07:31 PM)Gors Wrote: DO NOT BE AFRAID TO SUCK. DO NOT BE AFRAID TO SHOW YOUR SUCKY ART. I think this needs to go noticed to everyone, because sucking is not failing. Sucking is part of the fun of learning and if you don't suck, then you won't own at pixelart

it's ok to suck, sucking is not bad, just try and aim to always do your best!
Thanked by: DNFnuma
I want to delete this now, cause I feel even more silly. Tongue Sorry everyone, Still new here.
Thanked by:
...Hello? So, I guess you don't like dA much, eh? That figures...I actually had a little temper tantrum over dA a few years ago. Just don't let anything that happens on that site get to you and life'll be fine in a week or two.

So...uh...what exactly do you do? That's always a nice way to introduce yourself. Do you draw? Compose music? Write stories? Or are you just a professional lurker? XD
Thanked by:
@DDP: I'll try this again tomorrow afternoon.
Thanked by:
*inhales and exhales a bit* (whispers to himself: "Third time's a charm, I guess.)

Alright, Im going to try this one more time, just so everyone would get to know me a bit better, even though E-Man already pointed the obvious.

As you can tell, I am an artist, I come from deviantArt as previously stated, and I've been a bit stressed out recently due to this place I live in called "my life". Yes, im very sensitive, and yes I get pretty agitated easily, but that's cause I grew up with video games and PCs a little "too much". Based on my behavior, I get very roused up. So, to keep control, I am limited to only one hour of video gaming and computering, with a few exceptions for PC usage. You would think it'd be easy, but NOPE, I'm just TOO addicted to it, and I sometimes go over an hour. ALOT. My dad and step mother disapprove me of these actions, mostly because I become a "different person" when im on and off the electronics. It has effected for as long as I can remember, and that's a lot coming from some average joe who forgets easily, has trouble keeping eye sight on somebody, AND needs improvement in his speeches. But those aside, im not really a bad guy, just extremely immature.

But anyway, onto my talent, which is drawing. I've been drawing for my fans back at deviantArt for over 7 years straight, and I decided to keep doing so anyway, cause one, I still have friends who support me, and two, I concider it my career, despite a few "bumps" here and there. And by bumps, I mean get upset with people for either not drawing my ocs or some other excuse, breaking up with people, deactivated my account cause of E-man's entry in EDF (Encyclopedia Drammatica Forum), then CURSED at him after reactivating my account 2 days later, and blah blah blah. BUT, at the end of the day, I ask them for forgiveness, or forgive someone based on the side of the argument. That, or give them a gift/one of my OCs. One being my rubber woman, Belle, and... a whole lot of others. And trust me when I say I have made A TON of OCs. Some, however, I have adopted from other talented people, like Mrpr1993. I have a few unique characters such as Numa, my self OC. I also like to do some stuff that are usually something that may or may not have been used by someone else. But knowing dA, not much people know a difference anyway. In fact, most of my friends do that too, and some people are OK with that. (Example: my Nurses are inspired by Shineofrain's nurses, but he's ok with it, so no big deal.) But now, Im planning a comic involving this one super villain I have simply named Lord Nightmare (if you guys can help me rename him, I'd appreciate it) and yet, NO IDEA on how to start it, but only end it. Tongue That's why I'm here, mostly to improve not only my temper, but to improve my talent and creativity all together. (And talk about video games.)

So, in short, I'm sorry for the couple days of crappy attitude problem, and especially sorry to Dazz for snapping at your comment earlier, but I should listen to E-Man's advice along with you guys before jumping off a cliff (not literally speaking). I will do my best to keep cool and adapt to this new environment.

OH, I almost forgot. I also have a Youtube account under the same name as this one, and what I do is a plush series involving Angry Birds and other video game casts. I like to collect things as a hobby. Also, I did some voice acting for the said plush series. (I voice as Robert red bird, Bob bomb bird, Benson Big Bro, King Pig Hamilton the 3rd, and so on.) After the pilot of angry birds, I got a bit of a directors block and ended up puting the series on hiatus. Im hoping to improve on that as well, just as I need a female role for Penelope Pink Bird. And I tried Writing.com, but gave that up cause I think we already got enough writers in the world. Tongue
Thanked by:
Welcome to the forums, drink our kool-aid and become an avid spriter!
[Image: JSW7XoM.png][Image: M9AUckK.png]
Thanked by:
Okay what I got from this (I didn't read it all) (because really who could)

1) You take yourself too seriously. I was like that when I was younger, but it pretty much just makes you super annoying and impossible to become friends with, and my life became a lot better after I figured that out. It's absolutely worth re-evaluating some of your behavior and the way you come across to other people. Being genuine and level-headed is a lot less off-putting than being flippant and overly-excited.

2) You don't understand the difference between the kind of venting that's okay (aka with people you've known for a decent period of time, in a more calm, earnest and conversational way) from the kind of venting that's not okay and is likely to just make people bully you and then make you feel even worse (aka with people you've just met, by throwing text walls in a one-sided manner, filling it with excuses for obnoxious behavior we should expect in the future, and ranting about drama that no acquaintance can possibly be expected to care about )

3) Bringing outside drama out into the open, which pretty much screams "give me attention! give me sympathy! agree with me on this issue!" but really, NOBODY wants to know about a previous beef between you and E-man. That sort of issue is hopelessly petty, and it's really awkward and kind of embarrassing to see it brought up in a public place that has no association to the issue whatsoever, except for the fact that the person you're talking about happens to go here, which just makes it more awkward and embarrassing and kind of really rude on your part. The regular userbase here consists of a lot of adults. You're going to have a hard time here if you can't adapt to that and start rather quickly becoming self-aware to notice how obnoxious you are.

That's not to say that you can never try to complain about anything or express some of your woes or whatever. You just do it in the most impossible to sympathize with way possible. If you're used to people reacting negatively towards you when you're trying to get support, that's probably why. That's something you're going to have to think about.
[Image: sxv5uJR.gif]
Hey, these are just a few of the things I've learned over my life- Also listen to Starsocks, she has said some amazing pieces of advice as well.

If you can see you have an actual problem with something DON'T BE AFRAID TO SEEK OUT HELP like for example you've noticed you're really bad with wanting to be on the internet all the time, acting differently, and being sensitive in general. I don't mean this in anyway but a good way, but have you tried seeking help from a Therapist? As someone who has massive Depression and Anxiety issues, this was literally the greatest thing I've ever done to help myself and am now on proper medication and stuff that helps me function like how I should. I don't function like a robot, and am generally the same person but I'm hella less pessimistic, and generally am not bad at dealing with others.

Also Talents and Hobbies are two different things. Making your hobby into your talent requires a lot of practice and work, and realizing that you will NEVER finish learning and that you can ALWAYS improve. Particularly when it comes to art, there will always be something for you to strive for, and if there wasn't it would become boring, wouldn't you think? I would never want to think I'm the best at anything, because then it ruins it for me.

The biggest thing you might have problems with is transitioning from Deviantart to The Video Game Resource. Keep in mind this community is a really great place, I've been coming here for 10 years now and it's the only online community I've ever been able to stick with and stay with. What I really love about this place is the people who go here, we care about the things we do as well as eachother and we only really want to see one another grow into what we want to do. But at the same time you can't walk all over anyone. We can see through people who don't want to try and thus tend to have less patience with them. Don't expect to get praised for your work here, Expect us to help you get better.

This isn't things I normally admit to newbies but I have both Physically and Mentally a lot wrong with me, I'm Trans, I have Crohn's Disease, I have a rare birth defect with my lungs that could kill me, I have chronic depression, anxieties that cause me panic attacks when I should be enjoying myself instead, and its a lot for me to handle sometimes. I never use any of these things as an excuse as to why I act a certain way or as to why I can't do something I consider a hobby, even though I'm in pain like 95% of the time, I don't let that stop me. The more you use whats wrong with you as an excuse to explain something away, the more you're letting yourself hold you back from your true potential. Don't do that. It's not worth it and prevents you from actually enjoying your life. Please take it from me, your weaknesses don't make you weak, it's you submitting to your weaknesses that does.
M A C H I N E G U N
         ⌒°。>◡<)⌒°
             /_▄︻し┻┳═一(いち)(いち)  ┣¨┣¨┣¨┣¨┣¨┣¨┣¨┣¨┣¨┣¨┣¨
[Image: tumblr_mr2bjoHi1v1qh8espo1_400.gif][Image: NfIxSTK.gif]
(11-02-2014, 09:42 PM)DNFnuma Wrote: … deactivated my account cause of E-man's entry in EDF (Encyclopedia Drammatica Forum), then CURSED at him after reactivating my account 2 days later, and blah blah blah.

Hey now, I know Starsocks said this already, but there's no reason to bring that up again. I still like you and I'm not planning on doing anything malicious to you, so let's just let bygones be bygones! Tongue
(02-27-2014, 07:31 PM)Gors Wrote: DO NOT BE AFRAID TO SUCK. DO NOT BE AFRAID TO SHOW YOUR SUCKY ART. I think this needs to go noticed to everyone, because sucking is not failing. Sucking is part of the fun of learning and if you don't suck, then you won't own at pixelart

it's ok to suck, sucking is not bad, just try and aim to always do your best!
Thanked by:
i like how starsock always manages to say the right thing
i wish she was like, everyone's mom, or aunt, you know?

that brief hug session out of the way, first, mister numa: hi. i'm kosheh.
when i'm relaxed, i usually never use the shift key. i try to keep punctuation so people don't totally hate me.

i'm gonna start by saying that i think you're taking stuff too seriously. like angie said.
you know all that drama you mentioned about the internet? pretend you've got a tall window directly over a big mudpile. the mudpile doesn't smell bad but you can toss things out in it i guess.
take all that drama, and just chuck that shit right out the window.

Pretend like you don't have a bajillion dramas following you wherever you go. This isn't deviantArt. Here's your chance to start afresh (well, kinda)

Okay whatever here's your second chance.

but hey
hey i hope you're still reading.
while you're here, i'm gonna give you a cool exercise to practice while you're here on VGR (any other VGR user can use this. it's really cool)

1) inhale deeply. this is nice. it's oxygen, and generally what VGR's users made of. that, and water. we are mostly oxygen and water. and feelings. we are made of oxygen, water, and feelings. we are people too.

2) hold your breath. all that drama's probably coming to a fever pitch right now, the longer you hold it. don't worry about it, seriously.

3) as you exhale, imagine all the drama, any stress, and the rest of the internet is just being let out of your mind, and your body, along with the carbon dioxide being let out. trees also let out carbon dioxide. so does poop
dont smell poop

4) seriously dude. dont smell poop. i know a kid who died because he couldnt stop smelling poop. he died. it was really gross and really depressing

5) repeat if it didn't work the first time.

6) post.

This might be a good thing to practice not-on-the-internet too. :V

But yeah hello. Welcome. Enjoy your stay, but like. We're cool. Don't take things we say to heart. Or seriously. Okay you can take it seriously but don't let it eat away at you. Because we're not like that.
[Image: 57d2BGH.png]
! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! refs
shoutouts to cutesu for the new av!
Thanked by: E-Man, DNFnuma, puggsoy, eureka
When you carry around all of your past drama, you become a slave to it. Look at joining the VG resource as a chance to make yourself into a different person than what you were before. We all have experiences that shape us to some degree, but it's up to us to choose for ourselves what we want to become. It's alright to acknowledge your past for what it was, but continuing to dig it up will only keep you locked in those feelings.

I look forward to, and hope for, seeing you grow in this community and learn from all of the great people that hang out here. It's tough to enter into a new community, but everyone here is willing to be patient if you let them; but in that patience that they show towards you, you must also show patience with them in return.
Salvador Dali Wrote: Begin by learning to draw and paint like the old masters. After that, you can do as you like; everyone will respect you.
[Image: shrine.gif]