Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Final Fantasy IV CC PAC0.bin and PAC1.bin files
Hello, I found a graphics package extracted from FF4 Complete Collection on this page a while back. But unfortunately, the graphics and tilesets included is only of the first part of the game (FF4), and not The After Years. 
This is the link of the topic:
FFIV: Complete Collection (I think his links were down).

So now I would like to extract those files myself, but this must decrypt two .bin files, which contain the resources used in the game. 
One is PAC0.bin, which contains a list of game files (weighs about 400Kb), and then there's the PAC1.bin (300Mb) containing the resources themselves. I would figure out how to unpack those files, since I have already tried with MagicISO and Daemon Tools, and I have not gotten any results.

Looking for other forums (Xentax is one of them), I saw that someone had managed to unpack, but the tool that made it was lost.

I can not give you a link to those .bin files since my internet connection is slow and I do not have much time.

The graphics within these files are in .lzs format as I have understood. There is a decrypting tool made for that format in the folowing link:
FF4 .lzs decrypter

I know that's asking a lot for a newcomer, but I also like to contribute something to this forum and also to take advantage of some of those graphics.

Thanks for your help in advance!
Thanked by: Ton
I've found a download to Vash's unpacker here, and I've tested so it's the correct one. Good thing too, since the format looks too complex/unclear for me to have been able to make something for myself Tongue
You may have a fresh start any moment you choose, for this thing that we call "failure" is not the falling down, but the staying down. -Mary Pickford
Thanked by: Oscar92player
The LZS decoder doesn't seem to do anything when you open an LZS file with it. The program Puggsy linked to did work in getting the LZS files out, though. I was thinking that the characters are missing their unused poses on the spritesheets that have been submitted for FF4 (i.e, characters that have a sprite made for slashing with the other hand, but never used), and probably for FF4 TAY too. Not to mention, no one uploaded any tilesets.
[Image: tamerkoh.gif?9][Image: DevBanner.png][Image: Youtube.gif]DLBROOKS33
Thanked by:
I think Oscar intended to link to this program, which is the extractor. What he linked to was a decompresser for LZTX compressed files extracted from LZS files.

Here's the Xentax thread with relevant discussion (the second page talks mostly about LZTX compressed files).
You may have a fresh start any moment you choose, for this thing that we call "failure" is not the falling down, but the staying down. -Mary Pickford
Thanked by: Oscar92player
Using that and then Noesis, exporting what it finds in the tm2 files to png, didn't end well. The files looked all garbled and junky. Perhaps I'm just not good at this whole sprite ripping thing, lol.
Thanked by:
As mentioned in the thread, some of the TM2 files are compressed so you'll need to decompress them first. Some are also "swizzled" (as they put it) either way. I haven't actually taken a good look at them myself though, I might do that tonight or tomorrow.
Thanked by: Koh, Oscar92player
Thanks for your answers! They've been very helpful!
Sorry if I did not explain well about the tools, I did not understand it well.

True, the TM2 images are not displayed well with Noesis. I hope PuggsyEXPERT can help us with this. I'll post the resources that can be extracted from the game when the problem is resolved.

Thanks for the help!

P.D.: Sorry if I do not respond to the issue too much, I find it difficult to connect to the internet at times.

EDIT: I found a way to unpack the files TM2 that were encrypted: with the BBS Modding Tools program. It has an option to decompress those files, then you can see properly with Noesis. The problem is that it is a very slow way to convert files to PNG or TGA, and also some TM2 still displayed wrong.

Furthermore, the "Monsters" TM2 files must be decompressed by the LZTX decrypter, or otherwise the BBS Modding Tools will crash with those files. Although, as I said, some files are displayed wrong, such as the effects of brightness of some monsters (the aura of the Maenads, for example).
Thanked by:
This sounds pretty great. I'm excited!
[Image: b1.php?u=39480955]
Quote:You had wasted MY LIFE... waiting for just a goddamn bunnelby model.
-The prestigious Farlavor
Thanked by:
I don't mind the pace as long as everything is covered this time around. The current sprite sheets on the site for FF4, for example, are missing the poses for characters attacking with their non-main hand (like Rydia using her left arm, for example). I think some of the other unused poses, like casting magic for Kain were obtained. Then there's the matter of compiling tilesets. FF1 has all the unused poses out, but no tiles. FF2 doesn't have any character graphics ripped at all.
Thanked by: Ton
Yeah, maybe they were just captured and edited?
Thanked by:
I'm guessing so, even for some of the After Years characters. Some characters have an almost full sheet, complete with the unused poses (most missing slashing with the left arm frame), while others are just only the poses you'd see in game. I appreciate the effort behind the jobs, of course, I just wish they were all done as thoroughly as FF1 PSP's character sprites with all the poses the memory had to offer.

The same sort of happened with the Dawn of Souls FF1 versus the PS1 FF1. PS1 FF1 is missing the black mage and thief battle graphics, but has the unused poses out for the graphics present. GBA FF1 has all of the characters present, but is missing the unused casting graphics for the Warrior, Monk, Master and Thief.

I wanted to try rectifying all these issues myself, but now I know how difficult it actually is to rip graphics from memory.

By the way, am I the only one who disliked the design change of the Master for FF1 PSP? I liked the Sabin-esque design that Origins and Dawn of Souls had better...instead the Monk just goes Super Saiyan when he becomes a Master.
Thanked by:
I'm happy any time FF6 gets a nod from the rest of the series.
Hmm, I'm not sure who our resident PSP ripping expert is...
Thanked by:
I'd probably assume myself, having ripped 3/4 of the sheets in the PSP section on the site... But I've done all I can really Sad
Tsunami Bomb - The Simple Truth
We could run away
Leave behind anything paper
Not knowing where we're going to stay
When there's no Mondays

You're part of me, it's so easy to see the simple truth
When I'm in your arms, I feel safe from harm and sorrow too
But most of all, nothing couldn't be solved when I'm with you
Thanked by: Ton, Koh
Hello everyone!
I managed to unpack all Tilesets files in TM2 and the Battle Characters, and just need to convert them to PNG format. 
You can now see perfectly with Noesis, although some effects (a common one called "Hikari"), still look bad.

As there are a lot of files, I can not turn them all to PNG. It would take a long time only with Noesis, so I prefer to leave them in TM2 uncompressed format. I do not know a faster way to get files in PNG format.

FF4 & TAY Tilesets TM2

FF4 & TAY Character Battle TM2

For now, I leave you the links, waiting to see if there is a quick way to convert TM2 to PNG.

Thank you all for the help!

P.D.: Sorry for my bad English.
Thanked by: Koh
Noesis has a batch command tool. You can convert them all at once...

Or take a look on the wiki for more info!

edit: I'm converting them now. I'll post a zip of everything up in a bit.

Battle Characters: https://mega.co.nz/#!DQFhzbKL!1tCnoTAYuw...ufc2Y1PHaE

Tiles: https://mega.co.nz/#!yIkxCKYA!9uoGkIQVKm...ZnNkHMSLM4
Tsunami Bomb - The Simple Truth
We could run away
Leave behind anything paper
Not knowing where we're going to stay
When there's no Mondays

When I'm in your arms, I feel safe from harm and sorrow too
But most of all, nothing couldn't be solved when I'm with you
Thanked by: Koh, Oscar92player