Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Few questions
Just wondering something super quick, completely new to ripping and all, but is there a way to rip the rigs and models together from something, like, say, Super Mario Galaxy(1/2)? I've wondered about this, because it's be so much easier than rigging the models up myself again.

Also, just wondering how you'd turn the .map files you get from Kingdom Hearts(2 in this case) into something like .obj?

Thanks for all the help to come! ^^
Thanked by:
Super Mario Galaxy, if I'm correct, uses the .BRRES format. What you will want to do is extract the files through Dolphin, then open them with BRRESViewer.

As for Kingdom Hearts, I know there's a KH model viewer/exporter, but I don't know if it's compatible with maps or not.
Thanked by: eureka
(10-10-2014, 10:09 AM)Mystie Wrote: Super Mario Galaxy, if I'm correct, uses the .BRRES format. What you will want to do is extract the files through Dolphin, then open them with BRRESViewer.
It uses BMD, not BRRES. Same format that Super Mario Sunshine, Pikmin 2 (if I recall correctly), Wind Waker and Twilight Princess uses).
Thanked by: Garamonde, Mystie, eureka
I have all the models and everything. I just don't know if there's a way to export the rigs attached to the models. I already know how to actually convert the models using BDMView, to.
Thanked by:
There was a KH2 plugin for Neosis, but I'm not sure where you can find it anymore. I might still have it on my PC, though.
SCP...
Secure... Contain... Protect...
Special Containment Procedures...
Thanked by:
for the SMG models... there's a 3ds max script named BMD Import. which allows u to import the BMD models from said games that RandomTBush said. It keeps the original rig and vertex colors. Altho some models wont import due to an "Invalid Normals" error, but they will import, but the materials will be all blank and no vertex colors.
Thanked by:
Neosis is here: http://www.richwhitehouse.com/index.php?...hp#prjmp91
I'll attach the KH2 Plugin. You just put the DLL in the Neosis plug in directory and Neosis should be able to read the files for you.

.zip   kingdom_hearts_2 neosis plug in.zip (Size: 15.95 KB / Downloads: 144)
SCP...
Secure... Contain... Protect...
Special Containment Procedures...
Thanked by: