Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Dangerous spiders you've seen, heard of etc.?
I heard of an adult female black widow spider which for eldery, highly sick, beyond highly sick, young child, weaker than young child there is about (my guess anyways) a 0.9 % (percent) chance of death if a venomous bit is untreated rest of humans about (my guess anyways) 0.1 % chance of death if venomous bite is untreated.

However please do not take this small chance however. Please be very careful around an adult female black widow spider.

An adult female black widow spider has a red hourglass shape look on her body.
An awesomest (best) maze game V at least in my opinion.

http://s000.tinyupload.com/?file_id=00821057748349019634

Isn't beyond highly sick just dead?

like if you are past of the point of being highly sick I'd assume that you're just dead. In that case Spiders cannot affect the dead.
M A C H I N E G U N
         ⌒°。>◡<)⌒°
             /_▄︻し┻┳═一(いち)(いち)  ┣¨┣¨┣¨┣¨┣¨┣¨┣¨┣¨┣¨┣¨┣¨
[Image: tumblr_mr2bjoHi1v1qh8espo1_400.gif][Image: NfIxSTK.gif]
Thanked by: Phantom Killah
I'm glad you're still around ZeldaClassicEXPERT
[Image: 803ce84258.gif]
(10-02-2014, 06:31 PM)Kat Wrote: Isn't beyond highly sick just dead?

like if you are past of the point of being highly sick I'd assume that you're just dead. In that case Spiders cannot affect the dead.

even in death, you cannot escape the terror of spiders
pkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk
Thanked by: Sevenstitch, Kosheh, Zadaben
I would put comas as beyond highly sick...

This summer when I was setting up for a yardsale a pair of black widows (female and male) were hiding in one of the fold-out tables we keep in the carport. I flipped out because it caught me so off guard, and I'm already pretty much terrified of spiders (my girlfriend has to get rid of daddy longlegs x.x) so... I beat the shit out of them with a softball bat. Nobody in the house believed black widows lived in NH until my sister brought up, I think it was the fish & game department, and read the line: "Black widows are very common in New Hampshire during the summer months."

So that was fun.
[Image: Dexter.png]  [Image: Bubbles.png]  [Image: SNWzHvA.png]   [Image: SamuraiJack2.png] [Image: kQzhJLF.png]  [Image: Pikachu.png] [Image: tSCZnqw.png]
Thanked by:
Thanks for the spider info, ZCE!
I'll be sure to be careful around female black widow spiders with a red hourglass shape on its back. :>
[Image: 582217063e.png][Image: RWDCRik.png]

Thanked by:
(10-02-2014, 10:54 PM)Kriven Wrote: I flipped out because it caught me so off guard, and I'm already pretty much terrified of spiders (my girlfriend has to get rid of daddy longlegs x.x)

Here's an interesting act about daddy longlegs. Believe it or not, they are one of the most venomous spiders in existence. The only reason why nobody has ever died from one is due to their mouths being insanely tiny.
(02-27-2014, 07:31 PM)Gors Wrote: DO NOT BE AFRAID TO SUCK. DO NOT BE AFRAID TO SHOW YOUR SUCKY ART. I think this needs to go noticed to everyone, because sucking is not failing. Sucking is part of the fun of learning and if you don't suck, then you won't own at pixelart

it's ok to suck, sucking is not bad, just try and aim to always do your best!
Thanked by:
The Legend Returns

This was a very informative post. Thank you ZeldaCLASSICExpert. I will try to be extra careful in the upcoming days/weeks/months/years/decades around any adult black widow spiders - especially female ones! Yikes!
[Image: 57d2BGH.png]
! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! refs
shoutouts to cutesu for the new av!
(10-03-2014, 07:31 AM)E-Man Wrote:
(10-02-2014, 10:54 PM)Kriven Wrote: I flipped out because it caught me so off guard, and I'm already pretty much terrified of spiders (my girlfriend has to get rid of daddy longlegs x.x)

Here's an interesting act about daddy longlegs. Believe it or not, they are one of the most venomous spiders in existence. The only reason why nobody has ever died from one is due to their mouths being insanely tiny.

Nah, that's actually just an old wives tale
[Image: 803ce84258.gif]
Here's a different fact about the daddy longlegs though:

Most of what I call daddy longlegs "spiders" are actually harvestmen, a totally different arachnid that can't even spin webs.
Some are also actual spiders, specifically cellar spiders (members of the pholcidae order, most of which are characterized by that spindly legged look).
All things with eight legs are creepy as fuck, proper species regardless (octopi have arms, so they're cool).
[Image: Dexter.png]  [Image: Bubbles.png]  [Image: SNWzHvA.png]   [Image: SamuraiJack2.png] [Image: kQzhJLF.png]  [Image: Pikachu.png] [Image: tSCZnqw.png]
(10-03-2014, 10:19 AM)Kriven Wrote: Here's a different fact about the daddy longlegs though:

Most of what I call daddy longlegs "spiders" are actually harvestmen, a totally different arachnid that can't even spin webs.
Some are also actual spiders, specifically cellar spiders (members of the pholcidae order, most of which are characterized by that spindly legged look).
All things with eight legs are creepy as fuck, proper species regardless (octopi have arms, so they're cool).

heck yes, octopuses. I love those squishy little geniuses
pkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk
Thanked by: Kriven
(10-03-2014, 10:19 AM)Kriven Wrote: Here's a different fact about the daddy longlegs though:

[Image: pcspiders_clip_image035.jpg]

Back when I lived in WV, these crazy guys were everywhere and they never seemed harmful in any way (aside from creeping me out).
[Image: sweet-capn-cakes-deltarune.gif]
Thanked by:
That's a pholcid (at least it looks like it from the body shape. Since I'm not really an expert I guess I shouldn't just blatently state facts), and are actually harmless except, like you said, being creepy. A colony of them always turns up behind my dresser, which my bed is pressed up against, so I constantly worry about them crawling onto me while I'm sleeping (although in my brain that gets translated to their spindly legs reaching out and wrapping around my face to haul me into the darkness where I'll slowly be eaten over a number of days...)

They actually eat other spiders though, so I guess they're not a bad thing to have around if you don't like the kind that can actually bite you.
Thanked by:
(10-03-2014, 08:29 AM)Sportoise Wrote:
(10-03-2014, 07:31 AM)E-Man Wrote:

Nah, that's actually just an old wives tale

Well, guess who's feeling rather sheepish right now for believing something their younger sisters said. XD
(02-27-2014, 07:31 PM)Gors Wrote: DO NOT BE AFRAID TO SUCK. DO NOT BE AFRAID TO SHOW YOUR SUCKY ART. I think this needs to go noticed to everyone, because sucking is not failing. Sucking is part of the fun of learning and if you don't suck, then you won't own at pixelart

it's ok to suck, sucking is not bad, just try and aim to always do your best!
Thanked by:
(10-04-2014, 08:00 AM)E-Man Wrote: Well, guess who's feeling rather sheepish right now for believing something their younger sisters said. XD

You shouldn't feel bad about it. The myth was believed for a fairly long time before finally being disproven only because of what modern science (as in, from 1900-onward) has allowed us to do. It started because the species preys upon venemous spiders like black widows and hobo spiders, so it was thought that the longlegs could survive ingesting that venom because it was designed to carry a much deadlier concoction. In reality, the longlegs' venom is good only for stunning insects, something it's not even good at. In humans it causes slightly puffing and itchiness on par with mosquitoes. musky-toes...
Thanked by: E-Man