Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
pushing people in fighting games
i dont really understand why you can push your opponants and allys in fighting games . i mean i kinda get it during the fight but  when you are trying to get past your  ally to attack it can be annoying  especially if  your ally  runs right at you blocking you by accident  and moves you back (like in  medabots g and ax).

but this pushing your opponant around part gets  really annoying  in side scrolling beat em ups. not all of them mind you just ones that dont use hp and have you  collect crap to win instead. i of course  refer to digimon battle spirets  2  as you cant just beat the living crap out of your opponant. you have to force him to eject blue balls instead and collect more then the red balls hes collecting out of you and pick up crystals to use your super attack. it gets mading  when you cant pass through him when he is knocked down as if you forget  you cant you push hm into the  stuff your trying to get  keeping you from getting it. and you dont stay knocked down long in that game no  they are right back up  quik to punnish you for the mistake. so ya wtf
Thanked by:
Dude, this is like the third time you've made a thread specifically about videogames in General Discussion, even after having had the others moved to the correct place.
Pay attention to where you post. Thread moved.

And at least TRY to use correct grammar and punctuation, jeez.
[Image: ndsMEF0.gif][Image: sig.gif]
Thanked by: Kriven, E-Man, Mystie
The OP straight-up makes no sense and it's mading to try to make sense it.

Are you talking about platform fighters on the GBA like Rave Master?

IIRC a fighting game looks like this
[Image: NdSVreE.jpg]

And this is a platform fighter
[Image: 5ZoIcdW.jpg]

reading this over, i think he's referring to player collision and why is it in some platform fighters and some not (iirc, i think in some games you can walk to push them and run lets you go through them?)
[Image: 57d2BGH.png]
! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! refs
shoutouts to cutesu for the new av!
Thanked by: E-Man
Most fighters I've seen nowadays have some form of a player collision physic in there. It's really weird to not see that tbh.
M A C H I N E G U N
         ⌒°。>◡<)⌒°
             /_▄︻し┻┳═一(いち)(いち)  ┣¨┣¨┣¨┣¨┣¨┣¨┣¨┣¨┣¨┣¨┣¨
[Image: tumblr_mr2bjoHi1v1qh8espo1_400.gif][Image: NfIxSTK.gif]
Thanked by:
(09-27-2014, 09:56 AM)Kat Wrote: Most fighters I've seen nowadays have some form of a player collision physic in there. It's really weird to not see that tbh.

ya but you can pass through ally's wich is coveniant
Thanked by:
(09-29-2014, 07:26 PM)trans the psycopath Wrote:
(09-27-2014, 09:56 AM)Kat Wrote: Most fighters I've seen nowadays have some form of a player collision physic in there. It's really weird to not see that tbh.

...Most fighters don't have allies
M A C H I N E G U N
         ⌒°。>◡<)⌒°
Thanked by:
(09-30-2014, 06:31 AM)Kat Wrote:
(09-29-2014, 07:26 PM)trans the psycopath Wrote:

in some of the popular ones they do like smash bros
Thanked by:
(09-30-2014, 01:57 PM)trans the psycopath Wrote:
(09-30-2014, 06:31 AM)Kat Wrote:
(09-29-2014, 07:26 PM)trans the psycopath Wrote: ya but you can pass through ally's wich is coveniant

in some of the popular ones they do like smash bros

A. Smash Bros is probably the only popular one who does this as no other fighters I can think of off the top of my head have a team mode.

B. most of my friends don't even see Smash Bros as a fighter so I usually don't even think of it as that either so I apologize for not thinking of it.

C. I now have 0 idea about what your thread is about. Locking for now unless you can prove to me that you have actual content to add via PM
M A C H I N E G U N
         ⌒°。>◡<)⌒°
Thanked by: