Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
I've done it once before and I'm doing it again!
Seems like it's becoming tradition for me to do a Final Destination pixel art when the next Smash Bros. is on the horizon.
Let's see if I stick to it or not. There are probably some errors (point them out to me so I can correct them). This thing is going to be harder than the last one as a LOT of it is animating.

[Image: kyrCJQp.gif]
God is good.  Big Grin

An old fart who sits on a chair, giving animation and pixeling advice,... and calls everyone son...
YES YES YES YES
[Image: Fdge8Ld.png][Image: Fdge8Ld.png]
Thanked by:
Updated. This will be updated again later on today.

[Image: 1lHMJz3.gif]
God is good.  Big Grin

An old fart who sits on a chair, giving animation and pixeling advice,... and calls everyone son...
Thanked by: Maxpphire, E-Man, -Ash-
Smithy, I'll never get tired of your stuff.
[Image: b1.php?u=39480955]
Quote:You had wasted MY LIFE... waiting for just a goddamn bunnelby model.
-The prestigious Farlavor
More progress!

[Image: ofEyDL2.gif]
God is good.  Big Grin

Thanked by: Shade, Virt
Double post for another update:

[Image: 95Ls3lW.gif]
God is good.  Big Grin

Thanked by: Virt
The hexagon's perspective (the smaller inside one) doesn't match with the outer hexagon. I don't know about the perspective slants either but well
Spriter Gors】【Bandcamp】【Twitter】【YouTube】【Tumblr】【Portifolio
If you like my C+C, please rate me up. It helps me know I'm helping!
[Image: deT1vCJ.png]
Thanked by: SmithyGCN
Ah, okay, is this better?

[Image: hqYP3FE.gif]
God is good.  Big Grin

Thanked by: Gwen
the upper diagonal of the inside hexagon is still too long even in perspective
Thanked by: Garamonde
All right, I fixed it. Does it look better now?

[Image: IvxFeq7.gif]
God is good.  Big Grin

Thanked by: Shade
Here, this should explain you better

when making artificial things, such as buildings, straight stuff like concrete or metal stuff, don't be afraid to use the lines to your favor. Since you are making the level with a considerable perspective slant, use these imaginary lines to help you drawing the hexagons.

[Image: 24b6b35c1511f5c3a67dc0fe48561fa9.png]

the right one is my edit, notice that the hexagon's angles match with the perspective lines better than yours.
All right. Hopefully I've fixed the angle issue using your edit as a guide.

[Image: ATpaKhE.gif]

Not sure if it's good or not. Also, that purple crystal on the right side is bugging me. Even after looking at a reference image, I still feel it's not quite up to par with the rest of the image. Also, I've left the right side of the platform completely bare because it animates in the game. I'll be trying to animate that to the best of my abilities.

EDIT: Fixed a few minor things about the centerpiece of the floor.
God is good.  Big Grin

Thanked by:
Well, I've tried to do it right. This should animate much the same way as it does in game.

[Image: 7bqWkE4.gif]

Took me a while. As always, criticism is appreciated.
EDIT: I know I have to blend the two sides better. That I'm going to get on right away.

Annnnd more blending.

[Image: X0YFP6I.gif]
God is good.  Big Grin

Thanked by: Shade, Ton
There is a frame that juts out from the rest, as it was stuttering. I suggest reworking that frame, or adding an inbetween.
Thanked by:
Is this the new FD, or is it your design? Because, dang, is it creepy! Also, I think the stuttery movement of the, um, tar(?) kinda adds to the creepy, unnatural vibe.
Thanked by: