Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Recruiting Sprite Artists for 8-Bit Game
Hey guys, I am here to attempt to recruit some artists to join the development team for "Quest of the Juggernaut" and to be sprite artists for the game. The game development process will hopefully last into february of 2015 and if the game generates any revenue after it is released or during it's kickstarter campaign, then you will recieve a percentage of the project. The game at the moment has a programmer (me) a level designist , a composer , and a marketer. I currently as a programme up to this point have had to do all of the sprite design and really want someone to specialize for the project.

If you want to help out I please ask that you be dedicated to the project and do the work as we go along. It would suck if a quarter of the way through the project and you decide to stop. Either way, we are wanting to include 2 sprite artists if possible in the project, their requirements are listed below.

Enemy Sprite Artist :
- Make sprites and animations for the enemy sprites and dungeon bosses
- Most enemies are 16x16 px when not attacking and some are as large as 32x32 bit (possibly bigger)
- Limited to NES color pallete and cannot use opacity, or polarization

Enviroment Sprite Artist :
- Make the enviroment and scenery objects (ex. trees, rocks, paths, houses)
- Create Dungeon walls and doors along with scenery objects in dungeon.
- Limited to NES color pallete and cannot use opacity, or polarization

Both of these positions are very different and might be a lot for one person alone to take on. So if you want to do both then you might be doing a lot of work. However if you do both then your pay (if game is finished and sold) will increase. The games beta stages and alpha stages that are stable will be uploaded on the gamejolt website in the hyperlink above.

If you have any questions, ask here or shout at me on my gamejolt page. If you are wanting to try and be an artist for the project please say so below, and if you don't want to be an artist and still want to help out, then follow the game on it's page and stay tuned to the updates, alpha builds, and video logs.
Thanks again
Thanked by:
you got any basic style guides or design doc so people'll know if this is something they can take on ?
[Image: E3DU8rS.png]
Reference
♥ ♥ ♥ LOVE ♥ ♥ ♥
Omega ; Phant Mmkay ; Baegal ; Gorsal ; Drakocat ; Chaoxys ; TomGuyCott ; Chris2balls ; Mighty Jetters ; Blueblur97 ; NICKtendo DS ;
Kachua (Secret Santa) ; and some more that i need to locate, save and link onto here
Thanked by: Paladin, Sketchasaurus