Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
[Dreamcast]Puyo Puyo 4 ~ Puyo N Party Rips
I just wanted to direct you guys to the massive sprite ripping job that went on over at Puyo Nexus. All the textures/sprites have been ripped from Puyo Puyo 4 on Dreamcast, and are zipped up here: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B8tUh0a...sp=sharing

Since none of the sprites are found anywhere else, I thought SR would like to append them to the database. I can't see how to submit anything, so I'll let the professionals handle it.
[Image: tamerkoh.gif?9][Image: DevBanner.png][Image: Youtube.gif]DLBROOKS33
Thanked by:
We require rippers submit their own work. We don't take sprites from other sites without express permission from the rippers.
Tsunami Bomb - The Simple Truth
We could run away
Leave behind anything paper
Not knowing where we're going to stay
When there's no Mondays

You're part of me, it's so easy to see the simple truth
When I'm in your arms, I feel safe from harm and sorrow too
But most of all, nothing couldn't be solved when I'm with you
Thanked by:
Well, I asked for their permission, and this is the response I got. It's approval, but, I just wanted to link to the source. Since it's all zipped up already, there's nothing more to do from what I've seen from other sections; just need a screenshot and something for the icon.
Thanked by:
In that case, you must remember to use the original author's name as submitter.
[Image: lhjFt57.gif][Image: sX7JK6W.gif][Image: 4BB3IOO.gif][Image: qHY3ZCP.gif][Image: oCiv6RT.gif][Image: RNSMdiR.gif][Image: gx5wm3G.gif][Image: ld7rSgS.gif]
Thanked by:
I still don't know how to submit anything, lol. Anyone who knows how is welcome to take care of it. Here's a clean screenshot from google that can be used for the game icon.

[Image: holyshitll8.png]
Thanked by:
I still do not accept that as permission. Somebody else's disinterest in sticking to politeness between people does not justify taking their content and putting it on our site.
This isn't a "rights" issue, it's a stealing credit issue.

The admin of that forum's opinion does not constitute consent from the person responsible, and regardless, would not constitute as permission even if he were the one who ripped them.

I hope this is understandable.
Tsunami Bomb - The Simple Truth
We could run away
Leave behind anything paper
Not knowing where we're going to stay
When there's no Mondays

When I'm in your arms, I feel safe from harm and sorrow too
But most of all, nothing couldn't be solved when I'm with you
Thanked by: Koh
I understand what you're saying about crediting the proper person for the ripping job; it makes sense. My main goal was just to have redundancy across the internet, so incase one place goes down, much like MegaUpload, it's still available elsewhere. I hate when things are lost to time, and not even the Internet Wayback Machine can retrieve them.

Since the content will always remain constant, I thought as long as the person(s), or at least the place(s) of origin is/are credited, it would be sufficient enough, but I guess I was mistaken.
Thanked by:
Why not try to rip the sprites yourself instead? I don't think it should be too hard.
Thanked by:
I don't know the first thing about ripping sprites directly from emulators, outside of screenshots and cropping, lol. That'd be impossible to get the full sprites for most things. It also seems really redundant at this point, since that's already been done and I've already got that texture zip file. Even if I did know how to do it myself, the output would be exactly the same, since the content is constant.
Thanked by:
Oh, okay. Well, at least I tried. Smile
Thanked by: Koh