Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
majhost... down
Majhost... the only image hosting website I ever use... is down for maintenance.

Anybody know how long they'll be down for?
Thanked by:
Use Photobucket instead. Problem solved.
I suggested in the thread where you initially brought this up to use imgur or TinyPic instead. Not only are they very reliable, they're also probably easier to use Smile
Ok, but out of retrospect... when will majhost come back on?

I have alot of stuff on that place that I don't want to lose. Sad
Thanked by:
I'm guessing that as it's down for maintenance it should be back soon enough, but I can't guarantee that. From now on you should use another host as people have suggested, something more popular like imgur should give less issues. I personally use Minus, that also works well enough (although I'm thinking of switching, it seems to be focusing more on sharing than simply storing).

In any case, when (or if) Majhost is back up, it might be wise to backup your images (either on your computer or on a more reliable host).
You may have a fresh start any moment you choose, for this thing that we call "failure" is not the falling down, but the staying down. -Mary Pickford
Thanked by: Nitwitsworld
But majhost was the easiest image hosting site I ever did trust.

You can add folders within folders to store more pictures. Sad

Isn't there any other image hosting website that does that?
Thanked by:
You could use Dropbox. It's not for image hosting specifically, it can store any file type, but I'm pretty sure you can hotlink images, and you can have as many folders inside each other as you like.
You may have a fresh start any moment you choose, for this thing that we call "failure" is not the falling down, but the staying down. -Mary Pickford
Well, it looks like its that time again.

majhost is down... again.

And it looks like it may be down for good.
Thanked by:
http://imgur.com/
Problem solved.
[Image: k0OsVum.png][Image: NXpkf1V.gif][Image: psychicspacecow.png]
Just learn how a new image sharing site works. I'm not sure what we're supposed to do about a down site...
[Image: 582217063e.png][Image: RWDCRik.png]

Thanked by: E-Man
Well, if majhost EVER decides to reopen its doors, I'm gonna transfer all my pics to imgur.
Thanked by:
The term "down for maintenance" has the connotations that it's going to go back up eventually, I had stuff on their since 2006 as well. I'd say just calm down dude, You sound like a kid who lost his balloon.

[Image: 2014-11-19_1823.png]
I'm calm. I'm just saying this whole "Down for maintenance" thing may be a ruse for some reason.

I mean, if they were working on the website's maintenance, how come it's been 2 and a half weeks since the website was down?
Thanked by: Pik
People have lives outside of hosting web services. There are also real world problems to consider. It could even take months. It isnt such a big deal you know. Just start using another more reliable site man.
[Image: tumblr_mzx6bm02eC1s38z45o1_500.gif]
Anonymous Wrote:...the world is so much simpler if you just dont give a FUCK...
Thanked by: E-Man, Nitwitsworld
Quote:It isnt such a big deal you know. Just start using another more reliable site man.
He's probably concerned because he has a lot of old/nostalgic things he's uploaded there. From now on he'll most likely use imgur or something, but still

[Image: 2014-11-19_1823.png]
Thanked by: Nitwitsworld