SUPER SMASH ARENA 2
team:
awesome jitter
quirby64

http://sandbox.yoyogames.com/games/22923...arena2v01b
chars:
mario,link,crono,roxas,kirby(WIP)!
stages:
battlefield,shinra building,tower of salvation,planet core.

the final one is going to have more than 45 chars!
and a story mode!
if someone with good programing skills wanna help be welcome.
*this is not a request.*
Also this is a game project in its 0.09 version.
Im working in this aulmost everyday.
No
Thanked by:
I don't think this really belongs here. It seems more like a request

(On an unrelated note, for fuck's sake man, work on your grammar. Proper capitalization and punctuation go a long way.)
[Image: 803ce84258.gif]
Thanked by: E-Man
(08-19-2014, 05:31 PM)Sportoise Wrote: I don't think this really belongs here. It seems more like a request

(On an unrelated note, for fuck's sake man, work on your grammar. Proper capitalization and punctuation goes a long way.)

From what I can tell, the "request" was really more of a side-note near the end of his post saying that if you wanted to help, you could. He even links to an engine test, so it's obviously more than a request.

Also, as weak as I find his grammar and spelling too, I really think you could have personal messaged him about it instead of interjecting it into your post.
Thanked by: E-Man, Kriven, Joxon
Oh. I thought the link was to whatever the previous deal was. Must've misread it. Whoops

And as far as PMing vs putting it my post, I really don't see the difference in it. I'm lazy, and I didn't feel like going through the extra pages for something's that's not too big of a deal
[Image: 803ce84258.gif]
Thanked by:
I was working on an SSB engine a while ago. It was made in GM8, but you could easily recompile it in 8.1 if you absolutely need to. It was just basic character movement and camera; never got really far into the combat. The characters worked in a way that only a single variable needed to be changed to make it a different character, and that would just make them run a different script depending on who they were set to, rather than make a separate object definition for each one. Made adding new characters way easier.
Thanked by:
Man...
Im not making a request.
Im just saying that if ya wanna help,ya feel free.
Im publishing my smash project.
The file i uploadedis the .exe
Not the .gmk
No
Thanked by:
(08-20-2014, 10:54 AM)awesome jitter Wrote: Man...
Im not making a request.
Im just saying that if ya wanna help,ya feel free.
Im publishing my smash project.
The file i uploadedis the .exe
Not the .gmk

Keep working on it, this might turn out to be a really cool thing Big Grin
Thanked by:
Could you add screenshots to the OP please?
[Image: ndsMEF0.gif][Image: sig.gif]
Thanked by:
yes!
of course i can! Cute
[Image: amC2bGg.png]
[Image: UdnCooX.png]
[Image: Id7b4fz.png]
please note that these are from the version 0.1b(wip).
the one i uploaded is 0.09
No
Thanked by: recme
I see that you're using Super Smash Flash 2's character portraits (albeit older versions). I created those for the aforementioned game. I am absoultely NOt okay with you using those in any form or way, especially since you didn't ask me or any member of the SSf2 team for permission beforehand.

I'm leave it up to the moderators if they want to take actions about this or not but for future reference I want you to remove those from your 'game'. Please properly request permission from artists when using their work in the future, it'll save you a lot of trouble.
[Image: ybRTZvi.png][Image: uw21IJg.png][Image: isLKcbC.png]
Thanked by: [robo9], Omnikariz
I know that he used your sprites and all without permission, but are you sure it was necessary to call him out like that?
(02-27-2014, 07:31 PM)Gors Wrote: DO NOT BE AFRAID TO SUCK. DO NOT BE AFRAID TO SHOW YOUR SUCKY ART. I think this needs to go noticed to everyone, because sucking is not failing. Sucking is part of the fun of learning and if you don't suck, then you won't own at pixelart

it's ok to suck, sucking is not bad, just try and aim to always do your best!
Thanked by: Paladin, recme, DioShiba, Joxon
You could just have PM'ed him and asked him to remove them. Jitter is learning spriting, so I'm sure they're just placeholders, anyway.
[Image: sig.gif]
(08-23-2014, 01:56 PM)E-Man Wrote: I know that he used your sprites and all without permission, but are you sure it was necessary to call him out like that?

In retropsect, it indeed may have been wiser to confront to user in PM about this. I'm not really used to the social etiquette of this place yet, and it was commonplace in previous forums I've frequented to call eachother out in public about things like this. However, I'm glad you pointed this out to me and I'll keep your words in mind. I apologize to the everyone involved if I came across as rude, I didn't really mean to be.
[Image: ybRTZvi.png][Image: uw21IJg.png][Image: isLKcbC.png]
Thanked by: E-Man, Rystar, puggsoy
man theyre placeholders.
and besides.
i saw these on google and it said it was all made by bluepikmin11
[Image: kSaeTTc.png]
No
Thanked by: E-Man
This is looking pretty good so far.
Any hints as to who the other characters will be?
"Video games develop hand eye coordination and make kids into better human beings!"
- Professor Membrane
Thanked by: