Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Zoids Saga DS Ripping Project
Please read the entire first post before adding sheets.

So when I was ripping from Zoids Saga DS: Legend of Arcadia, I realized that the game was simple enough and had enough sheets left to warrant a ripping project!

Below I will outline the process towards ripping the sprites, where to find them in the game, and all the tools you will need to help.

How to rip:

What you will need:

-Tinke
-Zoids Saga DS: Legend of Arcadia (you will have to find this on your own)
-Any image editing software (obviously)

Steps:

1. Open up "Tinke.exe" and select the rom file in the following window.
2. Navigate to the "zoids" folder and open the corresponding folder for the zoid you are ripping (from the list below).
3. Unpack "z###_i_LZ.bin" "z###_m_LZ.bin" and "z###_p_narc_LZ.bin" by selecting the file and pressing the letter d.
4. Unpack the new file that has appeared from the "z###_p_narc_LZ.bin" file.
5. From here, press p on the "z###_p_narc_LZ_0.bin" file, then t on the "z###_i_LZ.bin" file, and finally m on the "z###_m_LZ.bin" file. This should bring up the sprite.
6. Open up your image editing software, and past the image onto a new document. (Tinke copies the image for you)
7. Repeat step 5-6 for all of the p files to get each of the palettes.
8. Now scroll up to the top of the folder list in the "zoids" folder that you opened earlier, and open up the "cz" folder.
9. Repeat step 2, and press t on the file that is inside. This should bring up a sprite.
10. In the new section that popped up below the sprite, change the "Width:" to 128 and "Height:" to 64.
11. Repeat steps 6-7, using the p files from before and the i file from the previous step.
12. Once all of the sprites are on your sheet (16 to 48 total), add a simple credit tag, and you are done!

Note: Remember to keep your sprite sheet organized. Here is a quick example format to give you an idea

Also, for the sake of icon consistency if you could place the sprites that have shadows directly on the bottom line of the icon space, I would be extremely happy (so there is no blank space between the purple background and the bottom). Definitely not mandatory, just a bit of my perfectionist side kicking in. Wink

Suggestion:

-In order to give enough people time to participate, I would appreciate if everyone (myself included) limits to claiming 5 zoids at a time.
-If you are someone who is either just getting started with ripping or is even have the slightest interest in contributing to the site, I suggest giving this a shot. It is very straightforward and doesn't take long at all to whip up a sheet. Smile

Claim sheets here: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1...sp=sharing

[Image: XchL6R2.png]

So that seems to be about it! I look forward to seeing the progress on ripping from this game, good luck!
[Image: WwmoM3d.png]
Currently working on: working and wedding planning
Thanked by: Shade, puggsoy
After a look in Tinke, I can second the fact that it's very straightforward and easy to learn. It's the perfect thing for a newer user to attempt.

Quick question RBY, in the case of the Victory Liger, would all the various forms go on the same sheet?
[Image: 582217063e.png][Image: RWDCRik.png]

Thanked by: redblueyellow
(08-18-2014, 07:43 PM)ShadeDBZ Wrote: Quick question RBY, in the case of the Victory Liger, would all the various forms go on the same sheet?

I was thinking that Victory Liger would get its own sheet, while the two W Victory Liger could go on the same sheet. The only difference between the two W Victory Liger sprites is the zoid being grounded/ aerial.

I tried to lay out a general list of the sheets that could be made on the first post.

Also, anyone is welcome to contribute to the ripping project, the more the better! I will get the ball rolling tomorrow by claiming Zabat and Stealth Viper.
Thanked by: Shade
(08-18-2014, 09:11 PM)redblueyellow Wrote:
(08-18-2014, 07:43 PM)ShadeDBZ Wrote: Quick question RBY, in the case of the Victory Liger, would all the various forms go on the same sheet?
I tried to lay out a general list of the sheets that could be made on the first post.
Ah, can't believe I didn't notice that, thanks. :p

Likely going to claim some zoids tomorrow as well, considering how fast it can be done. Luigi from the BIS project will take a bit, so I might as well do some smaller things during the process. (Makes perfect sense, go away.)

Stealth Viper and Zabat are done!

Stealth Viper
Stealth Viper
Zabat
Zabat
W Victory Liger
W Victory Liger

Oh, I just realized I never officially claimed this specific zoid. I'll be sure to actually claim them in the future. : X

I'll claim Buste Eagle, Fire Phoenix, Jet Falcon, and Griffon. Big Grin

EDIT: So, naturally I find a tiny sheeting issue as soon as I upload it. Could someone switch the one currently on the site with THIS REVISED SHEET when they get the chance? It's not dire and hardly noticeable, so whenever is cool.

Fixed Smile

As for the project, looks like it could be real helpful getting new people into ripping. I would maybe contribute a bit if I didn't have other stuff to take care of, but good luck guys!
You may have a fresh start any moment you choose, for this thing that we call "failure" is not the falling down, but the staying down. -Mary Pickford
Thanked by: Shade, redblueyellow
Awesome job Shade! Smile Updated the first post.

And thanks puggsoy. It doesn't take too long to whip up a sheet if you ever feel the urge to rip. Wink I think it took me about 10 minutes for me to finish the two sheets today.

Also, I'll claim Zaber Fang.
Thanked by: puggsoy, Shade
Here we go.
Buster Eagle
Buster Eagle
Griffon
Griffon
Jet Falcon
Jet Falcon
Fire Phoenix
Fire Phoenix

Zaber Fang done, and I'll claim Iguan, Godos and Arosaurer next.

Zaber Fang
Zaber Fang

Also, great job Shade! Big Grin
Iguan, Godos and Arosaurer finally done!

Iguan
Iguan
Godos
Godos
Arosaurer
Arosaurer

If you are interested in helping out with the project, feel free to join!
Gorhecks and Brachios done.

Gorhecks
Gorhecks
Brachios
Brachios
Interest has been renewed.

I'll claim Wardick, Hammer Head, Hammer Head VL, and Death Stinger

Finish up the last four, anyway. Wink

A few more for today:

Gravity Wolf
Gravity Wolf
Shadow Fox
Shadow Fox

Glad to see there's returned interest in the ripping project! Big Grin

EDIT: Also, I'll claim Liger Zero ES and Liger Zero Jager for tomorrow. There's an error when I try to update the first post, unfortunately.
Thanked by:
I made a java script and bat file to auto-rip these.

I'm also going to make a sheet builder that will auto-sheet them in the style you have been as well.
You would only have to add the tag and icon, or maybe I can make it make an icon too!
It should make things considerably quicker Smile

I'll probably post it later today.

Edit:
I also claim the first 5 Cute

Edit:
Done with those, took about 4 minutes Big Grin
Now I claim the next 5 after that

Edit:
Done again, I can't upload them right now, I'll have to wait until I get home.
I'll also upload my extractor and instructions then too. I don't really plan on ripping many more.
The sheeter will add my tag, so you'll just need to replace it with your own, as well as background color if you wish, and you're good to upload.
I was going to make it more user friendly, but it's not too hard to figure out.

Edit once more:
I'll just upload it and explain it quickly, then I'll be more specific when I get home.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/wm4grkksv2bjm3...S.zip?dl=0

Setup
-extract the Zoids folder from the rom
-decompress directory with Puyo Tools: https://code.google.com/p/puyotools/
(Zoids directory, include subdirectory, write to same location, overwrite)

Ripping
- move the cz file for your zoid into it's appropriate folder
-Copy all 5 files into the zoid folder.
-Open "rip.bat" in notepad and where it says "001" next to "ZoiDS" change it to the number of zoid folder you're in
-save it and close notepad
-run rip.bat
-run sheeter.exe
-edit tag and background color
(optional make new icon)
-Upload Smile

Tell me if there are any issues, I didn't test it a lot.