Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Help ripping Toy Story Racer (PS1) Track Models
Thumbs Down 
Hey there, it's me again.
So, I play a RC racing game that is very customizable and that means custom cars and tracks.
I thought the tracks in Toy Story Racer for the PS1 would be fun enough to play in that game so I thought on ripping the models for it.

One thing I know, I can't use 3D Ripper DX because, you know, you can't do it with the PS1 emulator because it will rip a flat 2D model.

So, instead of the usual ripping, I thought of looking at the game files inside the game.
the level files are in .RAW, .DAT and .TER format, and the players are in .MDL and .ANM format (which probably stand for "model" and "animation").
If anyone is up to "explore" the track files, below are the track files for the Mall level.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/kgi0tbvk2putkl..._files.zip
I really think the model file is the RAW one, however, we need to know how to get it.
Smug
Thanked by:
With 3D Ripper DX, you have to stretch the flattened model from the X, Y, and Z axes in order to get it 3D again. I suggest you try that.
Thanked by:
maybe that could work, but still that might not save the whole track in the model, just what is shown on the screen...
Smug
Thanked by:
The games I've tried it with have been able to capture them entirely.
Thanked by:
well, I'll give it a try, but meanwhile if anyone who understands a lot about certain files could check the game files and see if there is a way on extracting models from them, it'll be better.
Smug
Thanked by:
Well anyways,
(08-12-2014, 09:14 PM)Mystie Wrote: With 3D Ripper DX, you have to stretch the flattened model from the X, Y, and Z axes in order to get it 3D again. I suggest you try that.
I tried that, the model just couldn't stretch.
I guess that's the main reason there is no PSX model at all on the Models Resource Sad
(or at least I haven't found anything.)
EDIT: There is Spyro 2 and Final Fantasy VIII, but I guess they ripped it from the game files Sad
Smug
Thanked by: