Users browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)
MY GOD I'M STILL ALIVE.
Yeah. I doubt many of you will remember me (or vice versa), long story short real life kicked in and I couldn't animate sprites while juggling college and a job at the same time. Or rip them, for that matter.

This is bound to be a very short-lived showcase but I ripped the Desperado's cockpit/HUD from Gun Frontier.

[Image: ifgYWTyDHw5T2.png]

Didn't bother to animate it, but it's all palette effects anyway. Uses my typical 'new style' color table logging and crap for easy palette editing. Has Paint fixed that problem yet, anyway? I don't want people coming to me saying there's only one palette showing up (Note: There's three, one for the sight and two for other HUD elements).

I also was too lazy to post it in other palettes, but maybe I'll get around to it. Time is at a premium as is.

P.S. Holy crap I have so much old shit in here that I need to clean up

EDIT: Well shit, seems I'm still at the peak of my idiocy. I accidentally cropped off the top, lemme see if I can fix it.

EDIT 2: ...Well, doing the entire rip all over again wasn't as hard as I had expected.
Thanked by: redblueyellow
(08-03-2014, 06:32 PM)esreveR Wrote: long story short real life kicked in and I couldn't animate sprites while juggling college and a job at the same time. Or rip them, for that matter.
I guess one could say you "Didn't have enough damn free time".

Smug

Regarding the cockpit, I don't see any problems as is, so awesome job!
[Image: 582217063e.png][Image: RWDCRik.png]

Thanked by: -ΒΌ-
Rise from your grave!
[Image: lhjFt57.gif][Image: sX7JK6W.gif][Image: 4BB3IOO.gif][Image: qHY3ZCP.gif][Image: oCiv6RT.gif][Image: RNSMdiR.gif][Image: gx5wm3G.gif][Image: ld7rSgS.gif]
Thanked by:
So I got ambitious and tried to rip the big tanks from Gun Frontier.

That failed miserably, so I decided to take the even more ambitious (Because logic) step of trying to rip Claw-K from Steel Gunner 2.

Still in the middle of that, but in the meantime here's a Raven from the original to hold you over.

[Image: iDJkpW27bk20S.png]

I may be mistaken, but I think those sideviews are unused.

The rip was mostly to get a better idea of the geometry/layout of this boss for future reference.

This was a pain in the ass to color, by the way.
Thanked by:
Well...the Claw-K progress basically crashed and burned. Twice.

So instead I present you with the not-quite-B-29 from Tank Force.

[Image: jWB70IfXgeHZw.png]
(I have no idea why the fuck the direct link isn't working)

Namco palettes are a pain in the ass. Why the 256 colors? Fuck if I know. Fortunately I didn't have to color this one manually, but it may have errors because I never check if any of the repeated colors are placed correctly. Oh well.

EDIT: And now for a not-quite-Victor from Metal Hawk.

[Image: iVeunW8bkRwQX.png]

Never seen this in-game, so I speculate it's unused. However, it's apparently listed in the Namco museum as "Impulse", so I presume that's what it would've been called.

The bombs use the same palette, so I assumed they were related and included them.

Namco has a weird way of storing tile and palette data, yo. I can't tell if it's something exclusive to the systems I'm ripping from or just general Namco wackiness.
Thanked by: