Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Mario & Luigi: BIS Ripping Project
Old thread.

Welcome to the Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story ripping project! This thread is designed to help organise ripping the sprites from this game. This is where people can claim things to rip (so that we don't have multiple people ripping the same things) and where you post updates or completed sheets. It's also used for help with ripping, or basically any discussion related to ripping this game.

ZIPs by Greiga Master:
Mario/Luigi/Bowser Overworld
Mario/Luigi/Bowser Battle
Overworld Enemies
In-Battle Enemies
Overworld Objects/Characters
Battle User Interface

Extras by Greiga Master:
Tower of Yikk
Mechawful
Stonk
Trashure
Alpha Kretin

Incorrect Bowser Stuff by Greiga Master:
http://i.minus.com/ibqIpg9RWBG5gY.png
http://i.minus.com/ibjIy3yGjTsydC.png
http://i.minus.com/iHqjjSs5kkGzp.png

Everything ripped so far is already on the site, seen on this page:
http://www.spriters-resource.com/ds/mari...index.html

What's left to rip:

Playables
- Luigi (battle) *claimed by puggsoy*
- Bowser (battle)

NPC's
- Broggy Bonker
- Sergeant Guy
- Private Goomp

Enemies

- Dark Mechawful.5
- Fawfulcopter (overworld)
- Jailgoon (Bob-omb)

Bosses
- Wiggler
- Fawful Express
- Hill Monster
- Super Peach Castle

Backgrounds
- Overworld Backgrounds
- Battle Backgrounds
- Inside Bowser Backgrounds
- Giant Battle Backgrounds

If you want to claim something just say!

I've been working a bit on Mario Battle lately. I'm still quite a way off but I'm trying to pick up some momentum.

By the way, I'm not sure if Ridge is still working on this, if someone could ask him that'd be appreciated, because if he isn't then other people can claim the stuff he has.
You may have a fresh start any moment you choose, for this thing that we call "failure" is not the falling down, but the staying down. -Mary Pickford
Looking great! This game needs more love!
[Image: b1.php?u=39480955]
Quote:You had wasted MY LIFE... waiting for just a goddamn bunnelby model.
-The prestigious Farlavor
Thanked by: puggsoy
I'm not sure if this is the best question to ask, but is Crazy Koopa still interested in ripping sprites from this game? I noticed that he ripped a large portion of the sprites already there and I was almost expecting that he would show up again.

As for Ridge, Puggsoy, did you check his account on DA? If he's still using that thing, it wouldn't hurt to send him a PM.
(02-27-2014, 07:31 PM)Gors Wrote: DO NOT BE AFRAID TO SUCK. DO NOT BE AFRAID TO SHOW YOUR SUCKY ART. I think this needs to go noticed to everyone, because sucking is not failing. Sucking is part of the fun of learning and if you don't suck, then you won't own at pixelart

it's ok to suck, sucking is not bad, just try and aim to always do your best!
Thanked by:
I was wondering that too. I haven't seen too many of these people around in a while...
Thanked by:
I would have asked Ridge more about where he went (as well as invite Ridge himself over to rip), but without saying too much about it, Ridge doesn't like me. Maybe you could ask him about it, Ton?
(02-27-2014, 07:31 PM)Gors Wrote: DO NOT BE AFRAID TO SUCK. DO NOT BE AFRAID TO SHOW YOUR SUCKY ART. I think this needs to go noticed to everyone, because sucking is not failing. Sucking is part of the fun of learning and if you don't suck, then you won't own at pixelart

Thanked by:
I've sent Ridge a note on DA, I'm not sure how active he is but hopefully I should get a reply. If we don't hear anything from him for a while though (maybe a month or so) I think we can assume that he either won't or can't help out with this so I'll let the sprites be claimed by someone else.

As for Crazy Koopa, he hasn't been online since 2010, which was before I joined, so I doubt he's still around.
You may have a fresh start any moment you choose, for this thing that we call "failure" is not the falling down, but the staying down. -Mary Pickford
Thanked by:
Actually, Puggsoy, Crazy has been active on other web sites besides this one. I think he has been active on one Mario fan site ever since 2012, but I lost track of what he has been doing since then. If anyone knows for certain where he ran off to, it would be Ridge since the two of them are extremely close friends.

Thanked by:
In that case, if Ridge replies then I can maybe ask him what Crazy is up to. Judging by his lack of activity here I don't expect he'd help, but who knows.
Thanked by:
Well, from what I know about Crazy in the past from working with him and observing his behavior online, the guy is a bit of a loose-cannon and tends to popup where you least expect him to. When he does appear, he tends to be extremely active and provide a lot of content. For all I know, he's probably one of the multiple guests lurking on this web site or one of the logged in users who like to keep themselves hidden.

By the way, if you're unable to get to Ridge through his DA account, try looking at his VG Resource profile and see if you can find information regarding his own web site and his Tumblr. You might find alternate ways of contacting him there.

Thanked by: puggsoy
So, Tinke doesn't seem to be recognizing the .dat files. I assume the traditional ripping method is being used here, then?
[Image: 582217063e.png][Image: RWDCRik.png]

Thanked by:
Yup, that's how Mageker and the other people ripped most of the sheets on the site. The fact that this game uses such fluid animations also makes this task more difficult because I imagine it's easy to miss a frame or two.
[Image: sweet-capn-cakes-deltarune.gif]
Thanked by: Ton
Yeah, we'd probably have to figure out a good ripping method on our own.
Thanked by:
If you take a careful look at the OP you'll see that Greiga Master has provided (mostly) clean rips from just about all the sprites we need. Some of them do have some problems, but I PMed him asking about the code he used, which I could maybe use to fix those (and extract anything else anybody needs).
By the way if anybody knows another/quicker way to contact him that'd be good too.

As MJ said though, most of the sprites on the site were ripped using traditional methods; I think only Mario Overworld, Bros Overworld and Corporal Paraplonk were done using Greiga Master's rips. So if anybody thinks that some of the existing sheets are incomplete feel free to fix those.
(This also reminds me that I should actually credit Greiga Master in my sheets, I'll do that now.)

EDIT: Noticed that Monty Mole and Yikk are also done with his rips (and fixed my submissions).
Thanked by: Ton, Shade
I'll claim Luigi (Overworld) then.
[Image: 582217063e.png][Image: RWDCRik.png]

Thanked by:
I might consider trying to rip from this game if I have time, but something tells me that I'm going to get swamped with a lot of Full Sail work.

In any case, though, even if all the sprites are ripped, maybe I could try to rip a sheet or two by myself for fun? Also, since we're reviving this ripping project and all, what do you guys think of the idea of starting a topic where multiple users take a crack at emulating the M&L3 style? Even though I have a mixed opinion about the style, I think trying to learn how to successfully do it would be a lot of fun.

Thanked by: