Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Deathbringer's Depths of Unfathomable Sadness
Redesign of Patra for the Gameboy Zelda (a.k.a. Eyesoar) based on the BS Zelda sprites. Somewhat cheap edit but better than what we got.
[Image: iyUriToj7PK0S.png]

This is supposed to be a DX-esque version of Kracko.
[Image: iHCb4O6sRqtUz.png]
Doofenshmirtz: This is a little bit awkward but have you seen my escape jet keys? (Perry nods) What, you have? Well that's great! So where are they? (Perry looks away) You won't tell me? Is this because you don't speak or are you just being a jerk?
~Phineas and Ferb, "One Good Scare Ought to Do It!" (2008)
Thanked by: E-Man, Shade, SchAlternate
Love the Kracko sprites, but maybe it would work better if you stuck with one color instead of using one color for the top half and another color for the bottom half? The transition between the two colors looks a little unnatural to me.
(02-27-2014, 07:31 PM)Gors Wrote: DO NOT BE AFRAID TO SUCK. DO NOT BE AFRAID TO SHOW YOUR SUCKY ART. I think this needs to go noticed to everyone, because sucking is not failing. Sucking is part of the fun of learning and if you don't suck, then you won't own at pixelart

it's ok to suck, sucking is not bad, just try and aim to always do your best!
Thanked by:
I was trying to mimic the way the he looks in other games, but yeah pink doesn't really work here. A darker blue might work better.
Doofenshmirtz: This is a little bit awkward but have you seen my escape jet keys? (Perry nods) What, you have? Well that's great! So where are they? (Perry looks away) You won't tell me? Is this because you don't speak or are you just being a jerk?
Thanked by: E-Man
Ohh! Very nice work on the BS Patras! And I really think you have a good idea going on with Krako's palette, so here's a shading edit to make it work better...

[Image: krakhead_by_dragondeplatino-d7svrpj.png]

The problem with your original sprite was that your pink was too dark and you were sticking blue/pink pixels right next to each other. If you keep them far apart like this, it's less obvious where the transition is. Also, I redid the spikes and added more AA for good measure.
Thanked by: E-Man
I like that edit a whole lot better, DragonDePlatino, but maybe the eye would look better if it was only blue instead of also having pink in there?
(02-27-2014, 07:31 PM)Gors Wrote: DO NOT BE AFRAID TO SUCK. DO NOT BE AFRAID TO SHOW YOUR SUCKY ART. I think this needs to go noticed to everyone, because sucking is not failing. Sucking is part of the fun of learning and if you don't suck, then you won't own at pixelart

Thanked by:
Great stuff! I sometimes forget you do customs. Tongue
[Image: b1.php?u=39480955]
Quote:You had wasted MY LIFE... waiting for just a goddamn bunnelby model.
-The prestigious Farlavor
Thanked by:
Yeah, the eye could be completely blue, if you wanted. As long as you restrict your palette changes to 8x8 areas or used sprite layering for the eye/cloud, there's no problem with that. Big Grin
Thanked by:
Before I commit to anyone's suggestions, I redid the cloud part as once I have a finalized version, the rest can be fixed accordingly.
[Image: iWMCY1a7crnTR.png]

It animates well enough that it shouldn't be problematic for anyone.
[Image: ibzKeDmXl25VbT.gif]

The only real issue is trying to shade the nubs on the sides, as it could lead to the original point that E-Man made of the colors not transitioning right.

I did do an overlay with the edit that DDP made and it works better here than it does with the original ones I did.
[Image: i9gHGo2ozizp7.png]

I'm tweaking the palette a bit still, so the colors aren't going to be perfect.

E-Man: I do agree with the eye being just blue but I might use the pink for the Revenge version's eye, as that one was more pinkish then the original.
---
Current version:
[Image: ipFVQJ8s5NMcL.png]
[Image: iblu7pCd5uh4v9.gif]
---
Progress:
[Image: ipvXzIDM5kRT2.png]
Thanked by: SchAlternate, E-Man
I think that looks pretty perfect. Reminds me a lot of Superstar Kracko.
Thanked by:
I'll to see if I get any more input from others. Plus not sure how to label this.

But for now, something I did quick. Just to new version of the Zelda enemy that looks like a skull with fire circling it.
[Image: iUCsOXBiB3k8y.gif]
Thanked by: Ton
Ahh Embers. Those guys were quite the nuisance in Wind Waker.

That aside, I thought it was a spinning flower with an eye at first. I don't know if that can be fixed at this size or not though, or if it's just me...
[Image: sweet-capn-cakes-deltarune.gif]
Thanked by: Ton
Embers? I thought they were called Bubbles, Mighty.

Thanked by: Ton, Garamonde
Oh yes, Red Bubble. My bad, lol. Where did I get ember from? Ahh well.
[Image: sweet-capn-cakes-deltarune.gif]
Thanked by:
(08-01-2014, 01:24 PM)Mighty Jetters Wrote: Oh yes, Red Bubble. My bad, lol. Where did I get ember from? Ahh well.

Paper Mario?
Thanked by: E-Man, Virt, Garamonde
As it stands, since no one else has any other advice to give, this will be the finalize version:
[Image: idtKQuXFK8kmP.png]

Any objections...?
Thanked by: Mephisto Maker