Got some sprite sheets for Kemco's Superman:
Clark Kent & Superman
Clark Kent & Superman

Enemies & Bosses
Enemies & Bosses

NPCs & Items
NPCs & Items
Thanked by: Superjustinbros
Thanks for doing the Monster Party enemies. I was planning to do it myself but there's just so many it'd take me forever.
Thanked by:
@Superjustinbros: Heh, no problem. I just figured I could do the sheet since no one else has done them.

Also, time for another bootleg rip:
War
General Sprites
General Sprites

Fixed shooter game made by EX-Hummer Team members where you throw knives and bombs at terrorists and Osama Bin Laden... while using graphics and music from Donkey Kong Country, Earthworm Jim and Final Fight 3. Given how short the game was, I decided to rip everything I could.
Thanked by:
Got some sprite sheets based off of a pretty good bootleg NES/FC port of Pokemon Yellow:
Lei Dian Huang Bi Ka Qiu Chuan Shuo (Pokemon Yellow)
Pokemon
Pokemon

Player and NPCs
Player and NPCs
Thanked by:
The white background clashes quite badly with the sprites. Seeing as the original Pokemon Yellow was for the Game Boy (and as such it made sprites out of 3 colours + transparency), which I assume used white as transparency and having the background filling it in (like Red and Blue), then technically white should be the color of the background because in reality, the white in the sprites is actually transparent (even though the NES can handle larger palettes (I think) this specific game probably uses the same system).

*catches breath*

However, more times than not, people will probably want to use sprites as normal, without holes in them. In this case it would obviously be more convenient to have a different coloured background. If they want the white removed they can do that easily.
It's not quite as bad as it would be with most sheets, due to what I said above, but I still would recommend changing the background.
You may have a fresh start any moment you choose, for this thing that we call "failure" is not the falling down, but the staying down. -Mary Pickford
Thanked by:
So, I should use a different background but leave the white areas filled in? The in-game battles do use a white background and technically the "white parts" of the sprites are transparent areas similar to how you described it. I just figured it was fine given how the sprites were imported and edited with a white background in mind.
Thanked by:
Well, for most uses (avatars, sprite comics, logos, and so on) people will probably want the white areas filled in, but the background easily removable. For this a background other than white is preferred. The only reason I can think of that someone would want to use the sprite with transparency instead of the white would be if they were making a game that tries to stay true to such restrictions. This isn't very likely.

It's not that bad, and I suppose you can keep them like this if you want, but this just makes it more difficult for most cases. White backgrounds on sheets are also a bit uncomfortable to look at, even if that's how it's viewed in-game. It's on the site though (I'm not sure if you have instant approval or not?) so if you prefer to keep it like this that's fine.
You may have a fresh start any moment you choose, for this thing that we call "failure" is not the falling down, but the staying down. -Mary Pickford
Thanked by:
I see your point. (also I don't have instant approval I believe) I decided to update the sheets anyways:
Pokemon
Pokemon

Player and NPCs
Player and NPCs

Are these better now?
Thanked by: puggsoy
Those are great, thanks! People can easily change the background to white if they need it, but for all other uses this is better. I'll update the ones on the site Smile
Thanked by:
...oh poo
Pokemon
Pokemon

Minor update, there was some leftover white space I forgot to get rid of on Charmeleon's back sprite. Ouch!
Thanked by: puggsoy
Ah, thanks! Updated.
Thanked by: