Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Consistently corrupted models
#1
I've been noticing a number of models, specifically for the Digimon Masters game on PC, are corrupted upon loading them in 3DS Studio Max, why, I have no idea. Digimon such as Leomon, Lilithmon, etc have the right side of the models completely stretched out and made impossible to rig

How it looks in the preview before download:
[Image: 7143.png]

Example
[Image: 8Xs8V7D.jpg]

So far, I've been unable to contact the original uploader, ChakraWarrior2012, to discuss alternative solutions. What can I do about this? I don't know why this is happening, and I do realize that mistakes do occur, but why hasn't this mentioned previously?
Laptop Information
Brand: Lenovo
Model: IdeadPad Y570
CPU: 2nd Gen Intel Core i7 26070QM 2.2GHz to 3.0GHz (Turbo Boost)
RAM: 8192MB DDR3 SDRAM
GPU: nVidia GT555M 1GB GDDR5
OS: Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit
Reply
Thanked by:
#2
Hello! I've submitted quite the amount of Digimon Masters models myself, and can say that even this model, although I didn't submit it myself, seems to import perfectly in Blender.

What I've done is download Chakra's model and re-exported it. Maybe this one does work? Give it a try.


.zip   New Lilithmon.zip (Size: 812.64 KB / Downloads: 168)
Reply
Thanked by: the_randomizer
#3
(07-11-2014, 11:48 AM)Key0808 Wrote: Hello! I've submitted quite the amount of Digimon Masters models myself, and can say that even this model, although I didn't submit it myself, seems to import perfectly in Blender.

What I've done is download Chakra's model and re-exported it. Maybe this one does work? Give it a try.

Yeah, I feel silly for wasting everyone's time. I managed to circumvent the issue by importing into Blender and by exporting it as a .obj file and import in to 3DS Max, no problem. I need to apologize if I was ever, well, brusque about it Sad
Laptop Information
Brand: Lenovo
Model: IdeadPad Y570
CPU: 2nd Gen Intel Core i7 26070QM 2.2GHz to 3.0GHz (Turbo Boost)
RAM: 8192MB DDR3 SDRAM
GPU: nVidia GT555M 1GB GDDR5
OS: Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit
Reply
Thanked by:
#4
i run into that problem sometimes when importing a model to PMD. exporting it as an obj then importing the obj the exporting it as a 3ds then importing it as a 3ds and exporting it to x.file normally works....it's a bit of a hassle but it works.
Reply
Thanked by:
#5
Consider using Autodesk's FBX Converter.
Reply
Thanked by:


Forum Jump: