Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
The new SJB Sprite Archives
Greetings everyone. With the new site layout and the reset forums, I thought it'd be time to get another sprite archive thread going.
I'll start by showing off some of my current Monster Party rips, since a prototype version of the game was released about a week ago.
Thanked by:
I figured I might as well show off this based off a game I'm dying to get ripped:
[Image: PirateShipHigemaruSprites_zps523c1184.png]

Pirate Ship Higemaru sprites. It's not complete since in MAME's sprite-viewer (accessed via F4 by default) merges the black the sprites use with the black that would normally function as a transparency color.
Thanked by: redblueyellow
You may want to rip those from Capcom Generation on the PSX. That's how I ripped from Vulgus.
[Image: lhjFt57.gif][Image: sX7JK6W.gif][Image: 4BB3IOO.gif][Image: qHY3ZCP.gif][Image: oCiv6RT.gif][Image: RNSMdiR.gif][Image: gx5wm3G.gif][Image: ld7rSgS.gif]
Thanked by: Superjustinbros
Those guys remind me of the bad guys from Shantae.
[Image: b1.php?u=39480955]
Quote:You had wasted MY LIFE... waiting for just a goddamn bunnelby model.
-The prestigious Farlavor
(07-31-2014, 09:01 PM)Magma Dragoon Wrote: You may want to rip those from Capcom Generation on the PSX. That's how I ripped from Vulgus.

If I knew how to extract sprites from a PS1 I would get Pirate Ship Higemaru ripped, just incase MAME doesn't have a way to apply custom colors in it's sprite viewer.

For anyone here that has Photoshop, I created this .PSD file a while back of the standard backgrounds from SMB1 in all their available palettes.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/rey15bimcdwazm...ps.psd.zip

Preview version using default colors:
[Image: SMB1DetailedBackgroundRips_zpse406bd6b.png~original]

I don't think I would have to explain how the backgrounds work as they do, since they're all considered a three screen-long static image that loops every three screens. The cyan areas are where the HUD goes, and the dark blue is where the ground tiles would go, though if there's no ground and a background object would otherwise wind up floating, you remove the background object entirely.
Thanked by:
(08-09-2014, 11:43 PM)Superjustinbros Wrote:
(07-31-2014, 09:01 PM)Magma Dragoon Wrote: You may want to rip those from Capcom Generation on the PSX. That's how I ripped from Vulgus.

If I knew how to extract sprites from a PS1 I would get Pirate Ship Higemaru ripped, just incase MAME doesn't have a way to apply custom colors in it's sprite viewer.

I had to do some digging but I found the nice little tutorial that Davy Jones posted for PSX-VRAM ages ago.
[Image: sweet-capn-cakes-deltarune.gif]
Since you're using Photoshop, try this: Get two screenshots of the tiles you're ripping (one with the right palette, and the second with a palette where the black sprite is a different color), and use the wand tool to basically cut out the black part of the correct sprites and replace the background. I say try because I haven't tried on that game, so I don't know if there is a palette that will work for it.

Looks like the palettes in that game don't want to co-operate, so I had to cheat and edit a savestate to do the dirty work.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/9voo9v9c0ka8eg...maru-1.sta

Basically I was able to change the CLUT so that one of the blacks is now a variation of magenta, which did wonders for the tileset itself.

[Image: iq8lIz5zJdt8Q.png]

This should be enough to rip the whole game.
Doofenshmirtz: This is a little bit awkward but have you seen my escape jet keys? (Perry nods) What, you have? Well that's great! So where are they? (Perry looks away) You won't tell me? Is this because you don't speak or are you just being a jerk?
~Phineas and Ferb, "One Good Scare Ought to Do It!" (2008)
(08-10-2014, 07:23 AM)Mighty Jetters Wrote:
(08-09-2014, 11:43 PM)Superjustinbros Wrote:

I had to do some digging but I found the nice little tutorial that Davy Jones posted for PSX-VRAM ages ago.

I've done a tutorial too, remember?
[Image: lhjFt57.gif][Image: sX7JK6W.gif][Image: 4BB3IOO.gif][Image: qHY3ZCP.gif][Image: oCiv6RT.gif][Image: RNSMdiR.gif][Image: gx5wm3G.gif][Image: ld7rSgS.gif]
Whoopsie, I forgot about that one. I can't wait for the tutorials section to go up on the site. Sick
[Image: sweet-capn-cakes-deltarune.gif]
I'm starting to transfer them to the Wiki.
Thanked by: Garamonde, Ton
Out of curiosity, would anyone be able to update these two sheets of mine on the site?
[Image: EggerlandMysterySprites_zps85528451.png]
http://www.spriters-resource.com/other_s...eet/61867/

[Image: Eggerland2Sheet_zps0298904e.png]
http://www.spriters-resource.com/other_s...eet/61947/

I also need a game title to be retitled:
http://www.spriters-resource.com/other_s...dzillakun/
...Retitled to "Gojira-Kun"
And a sheet:
http://www.spriters-resource.com/nes/egg...eet/61868/
...Retitled to "Gods".
Speaking of Godzilla, on the Gojira-Kun (GB) page, the icons for the two "Enemies & Bosses" sheets were swapped. Monsters & Objects should use the solo image of Godzilla, while the group of five monsters is intended for Monsters (Japanese)
Thanked by: Garamonde
Should all be fixed!
[Image: b1.php?u=39480955]
Quote:You had wasted MY LIFE... waiting for just a goddamn bunnelby model.
-The prestigious Farlavor
Well here's some new stuff, all from a Japanese-only game called Racer Mini Yonku - Japan Cup.
Also I realized I now passed 300 uploaded sheets on the site!
Thanked by: Shade, puggsoy
Posting this here since it'd been in the upload queue for a few days now.

And I'm sure you may be thinking this game doesn't exist since it's extremely unknown. It's an actual real 100% legit game created by Ivan Mackintosh exactly 20 years ago, which may be why it wasn't accepted yet.
Thanked by:
It says you've submitted it yesterday (possibly the day before, due to time zones). There are a bunch in the queue so we're getting to it, but sometimes we have other things to do and just don't have time.

I've approved it now because you already supplied a game icon which makes that much easier, but in the future just wait a while, we'll get to every submission eventually.
You may have a fresh start any moment you choose, for this thing that we call "failure" is not the falling down, but the staying down. -Mary Pickford