Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
What're your favourite video games?
Lets have a good old fashioned top 5 thread.

What're your top 5 favourite video games?
Thanked by:
Why do my favorites change so much, by nerp. Well, my favorites as of now :

#5 Petit Computer (DSiWare)
#4 Gran Turismo 5 (PS3,PS4(?))
#3 Super Smash Bros. (Any in the series) (Various)
#2 Test Drive 2001 (GBC)
#1 Kirby Triple Deluxe (3DS) tied with Cave Story (Various)

Soooooooooooo yeah! Tongue I couldn't pick one #1 over the other right now.
c e r t i f i e d   m e m e l o r d .
>> https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCM0jv_z...IciomDGEmQ << you should check this out
Thanked by:
I can't list them in order but

Mega Man X Series 5
Mega Man Series 3
Awesomenauts
Paper Mario: The Thousand-Year Door
Luigi's Mansion/Tetris Attack/Kirby 64/Pokémon Mystery Dungeon/Spyro: A Hero's Tail/Bomberman 64/Banjo-Kazooie/Bomberman Hero/Pokémon Gold/Silver/Crystal/TLoZ: The Wind Waker/Pikmin 2

Shy
[Image: sweet-capn-cakes-deltarune.gif]
Uncharted 2
Batman: Arkham Asylum
Super Mario World
Awesomenauts
DBZ: Supersonic Warriors

This is actually really hard. Tongue
[Image: 582217063e.png][Image: RWDCRik.png]

Thanked by:
in no particular order because HAHAHAH no

la-mulana
-i have a strange taste for video games and video game characters that are underrated or obscure. la-mulana was one of those until the remake happened. i discovered the game through let's player deceased crab sometime in 2008/2009 and fell in love with it over time. it's just a really well-crafted experience!

paper mario
-this was the first video game i ever beat. no joke. i got it at launch year for christmas, got stuck in chapter 2, then came back to it like half a year later and blasted through the rest of the game overnight. this is still one of my favorite games to sit down with and power through for a few hours.

live a live
-again, weird taste for obscure stuff. this game only ever came out in japan for the super famicom. ehh, to be honest, i barely remember how i came across it, m'self... but i love it. it's incredibly charming, and though parts of the game can really drag, the ending is the perfect payoff.

sonic colors
-as a sonic fan in late 2010, i was pretty bitter about sonic 4 and didn't really care for anything that'd happened in the last few years. i was going to completely pass colors by until i heard some of its music. my god, this game's soundtrack is wonderful. i'm glad that convinced me to get the game, because it's a pretty fun game, too.

streets of rage remake
-i love streets of rage. well, the second one. WELL, the third one, sort of... the first streets of rage is pretty different from the second two, and the third game's controls are much better than the second game's, but streets of rage 2 is a better game in almost every other respect. thankfully, i don't have to struggle with which game to play anymore because streets of rage remake took everything good from each game and made the perfect streets of rage game. thank god.

EDIT: modified the above post to give some reasoning
Thanked by:
Mega Man 3
Sonic 3 (& That Knuckles Guy!)
Kirby's Adventure
The Legend Of Zelda: Link's Awakening
Crash Bandicoot 2

Do note, this is subject to change Unsure
Thanked by:
5.Super Mario galaxy
4.Paper Mario
3.Banjo-tooie
2.Kid Icarus uprising
1.Donkey kong country 2

honorable mentions: Paper mario 2, Crash Bandicoot 2, The puppeteer, Spyro the dragon, Pikmin 2, Tetris attack and Castlevania Dawn of sorrow
[Image: JSW7XoM.png][Image: M9AUckK.png]
Thanked by: Shade
Let's see now…

5. Banjo-Kazooie
4. Kingdom Hearts (the first one)
3. Banjo-Tooie
2. Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask
1. Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door

To be honest, I'm not a fan of deciding favorites since I like nearly all the games in my collection.
(02-27-2014, 07:31 PM)Gors Wrote: DO NOT BE AFRAID TO SUCK. DO NOT BE AFRAID TO SHOW YOUR SUCKY ART. I think this needs to go noticed to everyone, because sucking is not failing. Sucking is part of the fun of learning and if you don't suck, then you won't own at pixelart

it's ok to suck, sucking is not bad, just try and aim to always do your best!
Thanked by:
5. Orcs Must Die 2
4. Rollercoaster Tycoon 2
3. Pikmin 2
2. Smash Bros Brawl (to be replaced with SSB4 probably)
1. Cave Story
Thanked by:
5. Dawngate
4. Awesomenauts
3. Heroes of the Storm
2. Dota2
1. League of Legends

Thanked by: Shade, Kami
5.Makai Kingdom: Chronicles of the Sacred Tome
4.Tactics Ogre: Let Us Cling Together (PSP)
3.Viewtiful Joe
2.Darkstalkers 3/Vampire Savior
1.Pokemon Series

Honestly these are just games I put a lot of effort into for no real benefit.
[Image: anubis__r1696208501.gif][Image: anubis__r1696208501.gif][Image: anubis__r1696208501.gif][Image: anubis__r1696208501.gif][Image: anubis__r1696208501.gif][Image: anubis__r1696208501.gif][Image: anubis__r1696208501.gif][Image: anubis__r1696208501.gif][Image: anubis__r1696208501.gif][Image: anubis__r1696208501.gif][Image: anubis__r1696208501.gif][Image: anubis__r1696208501.gif]
[Image: anubis__r1696208501.gif][Image: anubis__r1696208501.gif][Image: anubis__r1696208501.gif][Image: anubis__r1696208501.gif][Image: anubis__r1696208501.gif][Image: anubis__r1696208501.gif][Image: anubis__r1696208501.gif][Image: anubis__r1696208501.gif][Image: anubis__r1696208501.gif][Image: anubis__r1696208501.gif][Image: anubis__r1696208501.gif][Image: anubis__r1696208501.gif]
Thanked by:
1. Dark Souls
2. Pokemon X/Y (Pokemon series in general)
3. Final Fantasy XI
4. Final Fantasy IX
5. Red Fection (for the online multiplayer)

Do you really play League, Rhymey?
[Image: ZJO1oF0.gif]
Thanked by:
5. Braid
4. LoZ: Link's Awakening
3. Professor Layton Series (I can't choose one)
2. Tomba!
1. Puggsy

This was difficult to make because "favourite" is a difficult term to pin down, at least for me. This is a rough list of the games that are most important to me. It would be harder to list the games I had most fun at playing or enjoyed the most because I don't play games that aren't fun, and there are different kinds of fun. For example I can't decide whether Super Meat Boy is more fun than Vessel (two games I really enjoyed but aren't on this list) because they give me vastly different experiences.

In any case those are 5 games that I consider significant and that I highly appreciate existing.
You may have a fresh start any moment you choose, for this thing that we call "failure" is not the falling down, but the staying down. -Mary Pickford
Thanked by:
5. Mario Kart Series
4. Pokemon Stadium 2
3. Pac-In-Time
2. Pokemon Crystal
1. Smash Bros Series

I don't really have a preference when it comes to the games in a series, tbh, at least enough to where most of the list would be Smash Bros/Mario Kart
[Image: 803ce84258.gif]
Thanked by:
Gosh I have a hard time rounding it down to just five. My top four favorites are easy, but I have a really hard time choosing what deserves that fifth spot. My top four are:

4. Kirby 64: The Crystal Shards (N64)
3. Okami (Wii)
2. Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask (N64)
1. Skies of Arcadia: Legends (GCN)

Candidates for the fifth spot include but are not limited to: Psychonauts (PS2), Kirby Super Star Ultra (DS), Metroid: Fusion or Metroid: Zero Mission (GBA), Sonic 3 & Knuckles (Genesis), Super Mario Bros. 2 (NES), Super Mario Sunshine (GCN), Super Mario RPG (SNES), Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening DX (GBC), We Love Katamari (PS2), Kirby's Adventure (NES).

And that's not even including ones I'm simply forgetting at the moment. How am I supposed to choose?!
Thanked by: