Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Kosheh Makes A Forum Look Alright (I'd give it an 8 maybe)
Congratulations on your promotion, Vipershark!
In celebration of this fine occasion, enjoy Apart Dark!

hi hello again. it's me, kosheh :0) I'm using a pretty sweet forum theme that I wrote up for VGR and it's pretty neat! and I'm gonna share it soon! (not the code tho yet, ill do that like tomorrow)

If you want to see the cool new addition, just scroll some more until you see the big, centered text.

Apart Dark

just change your forum theme dude, jesus

[Image: uk252ej.png]

This one's simply a remix of the default Apart themes, with a darker spin on them for those who prefer darker themes, but can't as easily get behind BoHeGeHa. It's a serenade of dark colors, with fancy text shadowing to make the stark contrast of light-text-on-dark-background a little more managable.

Apart Bohemia
[Image: NcZeCwS.png]
[Image: 7kjphaV.png]
Apart Bohemia's basically a homage to our old friend. You know who I'm talking about. )':
It's got a nice medley of blues that allow for a cool reading experience. It's like applying AXE in highschool, but to your eyes.

Now, you probably won't see Apart Bohemia for a little while, because I'll deliver the source to the sheet after...things happen. You know, things that should happen on VGR.

Now, here's the reason I made this topic: I got a little more creative (okay, not by much lol) and created~~

Apart GB
(but you can call it "monochrome baby" if you like)
[Image: cqJMmms.png]
[Image: ymBiYAq.png]
Apart GB's basically a simplied version of one of the few AAA theme ideas I had for TSR years ago, but I was somewhat concerned that I couldn't pull it off due to the Afresh series' multiple use of images in category heads, etc. and was reluctant to create new themes for the forum (and instead simply just plopped completely themes into the database)

EDIT: I'm the most defensive about this theme now. ):
This is now going to be used for a not-so-secret project. It's got a lot of work to go on it (I haven't even started) but once it gets off the ground, you'll definitely see this theme rear its head in one forum or another...just not VGR, sorry!
* And obviously it's not gonna have the VGR logo lol

It's still in need of some work, though - it still needs buttons (but if anyone wants to contribute, they're welcome to help I guess - I'll make a project thread in the spriting forums if you guys are for it - reply and let me know!) but I've got pretty ambitious hopes for this one!!

Code:
Reserved for forum code

Future theme ideas:

- VGR/DYKG mashup theme?
- Ideas? Suggestions? Color palettes preferred?
[Image: 57d2BGH.png]
! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! refs
shoutouts to cutesu for the new av!
Added the Q&A.

Read it when you get the chance. If you're interested or like, care. :V
Thanked by:
I still want a Pretty Resource (pink) or whatever skin
[Image: sweet-capn-cakes-deltarune.gif]
Thanked by:
my eyes feel so much better looking at a dark theme, thanks a ton Kosheh

stoked to see future themes show up in the future as well

love ya, mean it
[Image: 22610_s.gif]

Thanked by: Kosheh
Oh - theme is live, you won't need the Stylish code anymore. Removing, enjoy the new theme!

(07-07-2014, 10:50 AM)Mighty Jetters Wrote: I still want a Pretty Resource (pink) or whatever skin

Well,

Okay look if the admins will be MJ's valentine and give her the best Valentine's she'll never forget (complete with fly-over-the-city scene from Superman)

ehhhh then yeah I'll see what I can do
hey hey hey, if an apart blue skin ever becomes a thing i'll be stoked
Thanked by:
(07-07-2014, 11:21 AM)Crappy Blue Luigi Wrote: hey hey hey, if an apart blue skin ever becomes a thing i'll be stoked

it's "The Models Resource" and iirc i think made it like a million (shortly before being de-admined)

it's bluer than the VG Resource theme and you'll be right at home wearing it
Thanked by:
oh whoa my bad! i didn't realize the other resource skins had been updated to be variations on apart too. thanks!
Thanked by:
you're welcome, mediocre blue luigi

it has come to my attention that some people don't like the dark theme because it's too dark
  • if you have a dim monitor, a laptop, or use your computer in a dark room (sounds like most users here heh) you will probably not like the apart theme and it'll look too dark
  • if you have a bright monitor, a desktop, or have a room with flourescent lighting, you will probably like the dark theme

for example, the dark theme looks nice at my job. but looked like ass when i got home. i turned up the brightness on my screen and found myself liking it better.

so yeah, it's really dependent on your browsing habits honestly.

• but if you really wanna force yourself to like it, just use it, and the darkness will "grow" on you after about 5 minutes.
I tweaked the link color and made it a bit brighter so that they stand out more on the main page and in topic lists.
It was c1c1c1 but I upped it to e1e1e1.

I'll have to play around with the visited link color a bit though because it's still too dark.
[Image: ndsMEF0.gif][Image: sig.gif]
Thanked by:
Scratch that, I changed both to #a1c1ff so that they're a nice desaturated blue.
As a result, usernames and such in posts end up being the same color so I'll have to see what's causing it to happen here and not on the other skins but honestly I think it looks kind of nice...
[Image: ndsMEF0.gif][Image: sig.gif]
Thanked by: Sevenstitch
Oh. That actually looks pretty decent I would suggest, though, making all the links about 10 or 15 more in each value (e.g. so 10 = 9B becomes AB; 15 = 10 becomes 1E; but you have to do this for each two-digit hex value whatever you choose to do)

Looking good though, thanks. :V
Thanked by:
Once you go black, you never go back.
I could say the same for this Dark Resource theme Heart
~~LOVE~~ 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9.
[Image: mousey.gif]
Thanked by: Shade, Kosheh
once you go blue, you never go... bue
It's back.