Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
When I'm not spriting
I sometimes try to make Models when I'm really, really bored.
So I had attempted to create a Chespin Model in Misfit 3D, since ripping from Pokemon X/Y isn't possible yet.

I thought that now there's a Custom Model/Textures Forum, I should post about this here, so I could get it ready to submit to The Models Resource.

[Image: Pic_337.png]

[Image: Pic_338.png]

[Image: Pic_339.png]

It's pretty old actually, so please tell me any problems.

You can download the .OBJ to take a closer look.
Respect and Care
Love for People
Faith in Christ
Thanked by: Virt, Mystie, TheShyGuy
His nose is kind of round, and the eyes staring off into space is a little odd-looking. In his official artwork, he's more cross-eyed. [Image: 250px-650Chespin.png]
Also, you should stick to less round shapes. Chespin is full of other shapes. Try distorting your spheres too instead of just resizing them.
Thanked by: Neweegee, SchAlternate, Ton
It looks great, but like Trollerskates said, you need more of a diversity of shapes.

(Also, ripping from X/Y is possible, the only problem is that only a few people know how to open up 3DS ROMs, and they refuse to share their knowledge with the public at this point)
Thanked by: Virt, SchAlternate, Neweegee
I fixed the eyes and tweaked the shapes like you said.
I also edited some textures a bit.

[Image: Pic_344.png]

[Image: Pic_345.png]

[Image: Pic_346.png]

[Image: Pic_348.png]
Respect and Care
Love for People
Faith in Christ
Thanked by: Virt, Mystie, Mag, Koh
Awesome! I feel like the eyes could be thinner and farther apart, though.
Thanked by: Neweegee
Also, I think that these textures look far better than the ones used in X/Y. The ones in X/Y looked really stretched, even for a 3DS game.
Nice Chespin! Looking forward to new models coming from you.
I fixed the eyes and blended some of the texture colors together, and I also added some extra face textures and shading on some parts.

[Image: Pic_353.png]

[Image: Pic_354.png]

[Image: Pic_356.png]

[Image: Pic_357.png]
(Brightened to show texture shading)

Thanks to all of your help, I believe this is done.

You can still download it here to take a closer look.
Respect and Care
Love for People
Faith in Christ
Say, you think you might do some other models of the Gen 6 Pokemon? Just wondering.
Thanked by:
(07-09-2014, 09:36 AM)Mystie Wrote: Say, you think you might do some other models of the Gen 6 Pokemon? Just wondering.

I do plan on doing another, but I don't have Pokemon X anymore so it will be difficult to get the back right.

On another note, I made this as a quick test on my modeling skills.

[Image: Pic_367.png]

[Image: Pic_368.png]

[Image: Pic_366.png]

It's a character I had designed for someone else's fangame.
[Image: This_thing.png]

I was seeing if I could make a model of it using only 1 texture file for all of the parts, like some in Mario Kart Wii.
Respect and Care
Love for People
Faith in Christ
Thanked by: TheShyGuy, Mystie, Virt, Shade
I started on another one.
[Image: Pic_375.png]
Espurr's hair at the top is really hard to get right.
Anything back there?

His body isn't really complicated, so I think I just need to focus on the hair parts.

[Image: Espurrrrrrr.png]
Respect and Care
Love for People
Faith in Christ
Thanked by: Mystie, Virt, Koh
Dat Chespin is so dang adorable.

Espurr's coming along great. Just a question though; what are you using as a point of reference for the other views? Videos? That must be pretty tough.
[Image: tamerkoh.gif?9][Image: DevBanner.png][Image: Youtube.gif]DLBROOKS33
Thanked by:
(07-12-2014, 07:51 AM)Koh Wrote: what are you using as a point of reference for the other views?

I have no references for the other views(Youtube doesn't like my "almost Dial-Up" grade connection speed), so this probably isn't going to work. But I still tried hard to make it look like the artwork(but with the Anime's darker colors).

[Image: Pic_387.png]
[Image: Pic_388.png]

I decided I'll use separate polygons for the hair parts on the body, since otherwise it's pretty much impossible to do it.
Respect and Care
Love for People
Faith in Christ
Thanked by: Mystie
Nice models, do you have any intentions of skinning them at some point? Having separate polygons for the hair helps make skinning easier later.

What do you model in?
Animations - MFGG TKO (scrapped) - tFR
[Image: QUmE6.gif]
"It feels that time is better spent on original creations" - Konjak
Focus on the performance, the idea, not the technical bits or details - Milt Kahl
Thanked by:
(07-16-2014, 02:02 PM)TheShyGuy Wrote: Nice models, do you have any intentions of skinning them at some point? Having separate polygons for the hair helps make skinning easier later.

What do you model in?

I use Misfit 3D for Modeling and FragMotion for animation or when I need to fine tune something like texture placement.

If by skinning you mean putting them a game(I'm noob to 3D), I actually tried very hard to do that, but couldn't figure BrawlBox out enough to get something done(I tried it with SSBB and Mario Kart Wii).

Respect and Care
Love for People
Faith in Christ
Thanked by: