Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Fan works you later regretted creating
Ever created a fan fiction or a web comic (or anything similar) that either bit you in the butt or you are embarrassed that you created it in the first place?

For me, that would be Mario & Luigi: The Trip Across Nintendo Land.

http://lemmykoopa.com/lk2/lk2-527.html

Looking back at it, it was poorly written and I was too caught up in the idea of creating a complete Super Mario crossover fan fiction (especially since there weren't any that were ever finished on Lemmy's Land). Also, it is filled with a lot of bad ideas (such as trying to make it more like a video game and the part about using awful music to control Pokémon).

To make it worse, it even introduced me to some people I regretted ever meeting.
(02-27-2014, 07:31 PM)Gors Wrote: DO NOT BE AFRAID TO SUCK. DO NOT BE AFRAID TO SHOW YOUR SUCKY ART. I think this needs to go noticed to everyone, because sucking is not failing. Sucking is part of the fun of learning and if you don't suck, then you won't own at pixelart

it's ok to suck, sucking is not bad, just try and aim to always do your best!
Thanked by:
I once created a sprite comic about Mario and Donkey Kong bein friends and havin' fun. The title of the comic was called "Mario vs Donkey Kong".

and about half way though the comic I introduced Samus and Ridley. The duo went on a date. It was weird.
Thanked by:
Nope. Everything is a learning experience.
[Image: Dexter.png]  [Image: Bubbles.png]  [Image: SNWzHvA.png]   [Image: SamuraiJack2.png] [Image: kQzhJLF.png]  [Image: Pikachu.png] [Image: tSCZnqw.png]
To be honest, there's a lot more works I regret (and regret harder) not having the time to begin to create in the first place, than ones I've made.

(Although there are a few is wish I did better, but I don't regret their existance)
Christianity is my faith not my religion. And neither should be pushed upon people.
HELP-Need as much C+C and playtesting as I can get on my SHMUP Megaman reimagining!
[Image: mx9RKdo.png]
Thanked by: Kriven
I don't regret them per se, not at all really... but after the depressing drama that occurred over the course of making the Charisma games (which ended up costing me the friendships of everyone also involved in the development of said games), sometimes I can't help but think of what it'd be like if none of that ever happened.
Thanked by:
I wrote a Power Rangers fanfic (okay more like a couple paragraghs, I was 9, you can't expect much from 9 year olds) in 93/94 that was never published due to the whole not knowing about the internet, let alone having it. I also used to make Mortal Kombat fanart in Paint.
Doofenshmirtz: This is a little bit awkward but have you seen my escape jet keys? (Perry nods) What, you have? Well that's great! So where are they? (Perry looks away) You won't tell me? Is this because you don't speak or are you just being a jerk?
~Phineas and Ferb, "One Good Scare Ought to Do It!" (2008)
Thanked by:
(06-24-2014, 03:16 PM)Deathbringer Wrote: I wrote a Power Rangers fanfic (okay more like a couple paragraghs, I was 9, you can't expect much from 9 year olds) in 93/94 that was never published due to the whole not knowing about the internet, let alone having it. I also used to make Mortal Kombat fanart in Paint.

This reminds me of my first story, carefully crafted when I was four or five:

"The Power Rangers Fight the Bad Guys!"

I also had this little story book of MMPR that wasn't based on an episode, just kind of its own thing. It had the first five Rangers facing off against Goldar, etc. I went through and pasted cutouts of the Green Ranger because I thought the book would have been so much better with him in it.
[Image: Dexter.png]  [Image: Bubbles.png]  [Image: SNWzHvA.png]   [Image: SamuraiJack2.png] [Image: kQzhJLF.png]  [Image: Pikachu.png] [Image: tSCZnqw.png]
Thanked by:
(06-24-2014, 01:55 PM)Rystar Wrote: I don't regret them per se, not at all really... but after the depressing drama that occurred over the course of making the Charisma games (which ended up costing me the friendships of everyone also involved in the development of said games), sometimes I can't help but think of what it'd be like if none of that ever happened.

I know how you feel, Rystar. I actually worked on a web comic that turned what I once considered my best online friend into my worst enemy. I didn't really hate the comic and I didn't mind working on it, but having the guy turn into a control freak and delete the entire comic out of spite was something I could never forget.
(02-27-2014, 07:31 PM)Gors Wrote: DO NOT BE AFRAID TO SUCK. DO NOT BE AFRAID TO SHOW YOUR SUCKY ART. I think this needs to go noticed to everyone, because sucking is not failing. Sucking is part of the fun of learning and if you don't suck, then you won't own at pixelart

it's ok to suck, sucking is not bad, just try and aim to always do your best!
Thanked by: Rystar
i was so good at making sprite comics, i was the sprite comic mod of pixeltendo, this board's predecessor.
[Image: CQLlJY0.png]
Thanked by:
I did a lot of sprite comics back in the day, very few of them being any good. The main one I remember was on a site Wario Comix where I was just making up the (overly serious for a dumb sprite comic) story as I went so it made absolutely no sense.
[Image: hT1Gf6u.gif]
Thanked by:
Fan Fiction Changed My Life Forever
Thanked by: Kriven, Omnikariz
I too made sprite comics, but I don't regret that because it made me move onto drawing and becoming a semi-updater on drshnaps.

What I do regret is making some sprites and stealing others claiming them as my own, eventually someone found out and I got banned on Pixeltendo!
[Image: JSW7XoM.png][Image: M9AUckK.png]
Thanked by:
Everything I've ever made.
i remember when i regularly checked your comics site for new strips/pages.

good times.
Thanked by:
(06-24-2014, 10:24 PM)Drshnaps Wrote: Everything I've ever made.

[Image: you_fiyad_by_jazzmanz-d5zdvh0.png]
[Image: JSW7XoM.png][Image: M9AUckK.png]