Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
I'm making a game
Big Grin 
Hi Spriters resource. My friend and I are making an RPG - and I am doing the artwork for it. You guys are some of the best critics I've met, so I'll show you what I've made so far.

[Image: anthony%20sheet.png]

[Image: charsheet5.png]

[Image: fightsheet2.png]

[Image: spinlarge.gif]

[Image: cast.png]
Thanked by: Paladin, Tellis, Baegal, Gwen
How about trying to apply more shading to these sprites to make the look more interesting? Also, when applying detail to sprites (such as the plaid shirt of the computer guy), make sure it does not make the sprite look too cluttered because the last thing you need are your sprites to look too busy to be readable.
(02-27-2014, 07:31 PM)Gors Wrote: DO NOT BE AFRAID TO SUCK. DO NOT BE AFRAID TO SHOW YOUR SUCKY ART. I think this needs to go noticed to everyone, because sucking is not failing. Sucking is part of the fun of learning and if you don't suck, then you won't own at pixelart

it's ok to suck, sucking is not bad, just try and aim to always do your best!
Thanked by: Koala
(06-07-2014, 01:44 PM)E-Man Wrote: How about trying to apply more shading to these sprites to make the look more interesting? Also, when applying detail to sprites (such as the plaid shirt of the computer guy), make sure it does not make the sprite look too cluttered because the last thing you need are your sprites to look too busy to be readable.

Thanks for the critique.
Notes to myself for when I edit these again ;
-Try out some shading and I'll make sure to put in some hue shift. <- Maybe check out to see how MMX and Mother 3 did the shading at a small resolution.
-One way for the Anthony's shirt to look less busy would be to make each of the squares of the pattern bigger.
Thanked by:
i wouldnt add shading, i kinda like how it look mother3ish

but i would remove the black lines on the inside, just have the outlines be black, like mario and luigi superstar saga
[Image: IiIQzhm.gif]
the computer-head guy looks like he's walking in mario-platformer view when going to the side
im given to understand this is gonna be an overhead view game, so that might look a little strange
[Image: E3DU8rS.png]
Reference
♥ ♥ ♥ LOVE ♥ ♥ ♥
Omega ; Phant Mmkay ; Baegal ; Gorsal ; Drakocat ; Chaoxys ; TomGuyCott ; Chris2balls ; Mighty Jetters ; Blueblur97 ; NICKtendo DS ;
Kachua (Secret Santa) ; and some more that i need to locate, save and link onto here
I'd also say no to the shading--I like how they all seem to have a color assigned to them : )

For the green guy though, I would consider making the pattern a little larger so it's less busy
[Image: OH4K4jX.gif] [Image: R7WBBzo.gif] [Image: TsJpssj.gif]
-----------------------[Love]-----------------------
Dang, the giant robot guy really reminds me of EVE from Mother. If that's what you were going for, then spot on, man! It's a unique design but looks really Earthbound-y. The other guys are great, too, but the monochrome guy reminds me of Seccom Masada-sensei a little bit too much...You might wanna tweak his design a bit. Oh, and better perspective on the isometric-facing tiles would work wonders. Bump the foot in the background higher than the other by like a pixel and see how that works.
Thanked by:
(06-08-2014, 05:38 AM)Lexou Duck Wrote: the computer-head guy looks like he's walking in mario-platformer view when going to the side
im given to understand this is gonna be an overhead view game, so that might look a little strange
perhaps what makes things look earthbound-y is when you use side view platformer sprites on an overworld game
[Image: x16V2Os.png]
[Image: IiIQzhm.gif]
Thanked by: Baegal, SchAlternate