Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Game Maker Studio: Standard is now free!
Quote:It’s never been easier to be a GameMaker!

Today, YoYo Games announces that a powerful version of GameMaker: Studio is now available to developers for FREE. We’ve taken the resource-limited “Free” version of GameMaker: Studio and replaced it with a feature-rich version of GameMaker: Studio called “Standard.” The newly launched GameMaker: Studio Standard puts the full power of GameMaker: Studio at the fingertips of games developers everywhere!

If the cost of GameMaker: Studio was holding you back before, there isn’t anything holding you back now. Unleash your creativity!

To access and for more information on the features available in GameMaker: Studio Standard and GameMaker: Studio Professional, please visit https://www.yoyogames.com/studio.

We hope to play your game soon!

Original Post:
http://www.yoyogames.com/news/227

PVery Sad If this topic doesn't belongs on this section, feel free to move it.
[Image: Vb8vjwW.png][Image: uIrDfRP.png][Image: Jd3PZ8y.png][Image: BvmA5Pf.png][Image: 6L4ceD0.png][Image: LAKfOPp.png][Image: 10CGjip.png][Image: gEIdmj2.png]
Thanked by: Iocus
Best place to post this would probably be the Games Development forum, but thanks for the heads up anyway!
[Image: shrine.gif]
Thanked by: E-Man
Moved to GameDev. Now nobody has an excuse not to try GameMaker.

Ohhhhh, I see what they did.
They just took the already-existing free version and got rid of the completely idiotic 15 object limit but this still has the splash screen and I'm assuming watermarks and stuff behind paywalls.
They just got rid of the stupid unusable free version and put it back to the way GM8 and before did things so this isn't as big of a deal as I was hoping.
Oh well, better than nothing.

Here's hoping all the people that previously owned Standard got upgraded to Pro for free.
[Image: ndsMEF0.gif][Image: sig.gif]
Thanked by: recme
(06-07-2014, 02:36 PM)Vipershark Wrote: They just took the already-existing free version and got rid of the completely idiotic 15 object limit but this still has the splash screen and I'm assuming watermarks and stuff behind paywalls.

As far as I know, No watermarks can be found on it.
[Image: Vb8vjwW.png][Image: uIrDfRP.png][Image: Jd3PZ8y.png][Image: BvmA5Pf.png][Image: 6L4ceD0.png][Image: LAKfOPp.png][Image: 10CGjip.png][Image: gEIdmj2.png]
Thanked by:
I quit GM a while back, and not just for the price of the new version. A lot of things it does are handled in very inefficient ways, not to mention working around some of its more asinine programming flaws leads to junk data and bad coding practices. That's why I'm just making my own devkit: to address and solve Game Maker's development "sins"... well, that, and I can port the runtime to any system that supports SDL, so, yeah, heheh.

Not to say Game Maker doesn't have its good points, and now that the resource cap has been lifted, I can see it as a decent tool for hobbyists again.
Thanked by:
Isn't Game Maker stupidly easy to pirate? I'm not trying to say "you should do that instead!" or any other illegal activity encouragement, but rather... didn't people just pirate it anyways? Kind of like Photoshop, actually.

Either way, now people who want to own it legally without having to pay anything can, so there's that!
Thanked by: