Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
A. Rex [PROBABLY HELPER]
[Image: XKQ5nPk.png]

Posting the old sheet just for a point of comparison for anyone interested.

As for the update itself:

[Image: NjRZ76r.png]

Made the hands look like actual hands, but I'm still unsure on how to explain the connection between the head and body, not to mention what to do with the body itself. Static cling maybe?

As for why it's the only thing I fixed right now, it's because I want to get the body right before trying to animate anything.

Q: But you've had months to work on this. Shouldn't you have way more material to work with/show us?
A: Personal reasons. Because of personal reasons.

Anyway, C+C would be nice. Any and all will be received.
[Image: aLKZM96_460sa_v1.gif]
Thanked by:
(05-31-2014, 10:46 AM)Animator Rex Wrote: Q: But you've had months to work on this. Shouldn't you have way more material to work with/show us?
A: Personal reasons. Because of personal reasons.

if this was the case, then why didnt you post your thread later when you have more stuff available/more time to work on it???
[Image: XeE6VeC.gif]
Thanked by: E-Man
or he could post now and start getting c+c earlier so he spends less time on things that might need to be changed again later

also attention can provide some additional motivation sometimes

really, at some other sites, it's not too uncommon to start a thread with practically no work started on a project except for like an idea and a couple inspirations

so far, I'd say you probably don't need the small amount of AA right under the helmet
might also want to change the background color, because right now I can't tell how much of the inside of the helmet is supposed to be transparent or not (if any)
I don't have any crits for the pose/body (other than maybe it's super stiff?), but maybe someone else might have an opinion on that
Thanked by: Garamonde
(05-31-2014, 11:22 AM)Kitsu Wrote: or he could post now and start getting c+c earlier so he spends less time on things that might need to be changed again later

tbh there isnt really much to say about it. heck, if you look at your own post, its just analyzing the small things that really dont change much
[Image: XeE6VeC.gif]
Thanked by:
[Image: HWbOHxC.png]

Visual update wip. Still trying to figure out how to do his stance though, explaining the 2 versions. I am open to suggestions as to what you think it should be.

As always, C+C is always appreciated.
Thanked by:
WARNING: HIGHLY SUBJECTIVE INPUT AHEAD

[Image: 4gNkXnY.png]

So here's a few ideas for you. A lot of this is conceptual rather than technical, so use it as you feel.

First off, his upper torso is kind of static. I attempted to fix that by inclining his torso and head further. His face looks even really plain in the latest revision, so I took a little from the previous one along with some other tweaks to make it more interesting.

The transparent head is probably not water, but I took a gamble and assumed it was some sort of liquid. Since the head was really the most interesting part of your design, I recycled some of that concept for other body parts, giving him liquid limbs. The problem I thought the main body had was that it was dully uniform. I also tried to give him a more interesting head shape to go with the whole water motif.

Even if his head is not water, but it's actually crystal or something, you could give him a rope of magically floating orbs for limbs, or a trail of psychic energy, or something like that. Just, try to look for ways for the parts to be more distinct, instead of simply grey blobs.
[Image: shrine.gif]
I like how your version looks. WAY better than mine tbh. I like how those head tails look.

Just a few bits of trivia though:
1. Head's filled with a liquid, but the outer shell functions like diamond-hard glass in the shape of a crystal ball-type thing.
2. The "face" is only a doodle on front, as he doesn't need eyes, ears or a mouth to function. It was just there to compensate, hence the plainness. But yeah, gonna have to go less plain this time.
3. Was eventually going to move from floating hands to floating forearms xD.
4. I planned most of the specials to be based upon the idea that he can remove his head and use it as a melee weapon or as a projectile for the most part, hence the basic rounded shape I made.

As with the stance, I was going for more of this:

[Image: karateka01.jpg]

I changed the position of both hands and opened the one on front, going for a more non-traditional kung fu-like stance.

But yeah. I'll probably take a few things from your design and add them. Thanks for the input Big Grin
Thanked by: Iocus
[Image: vyvk64e.png]

Slight update. Added shoulder ring things, ring bracelets and floating elbows.

I am bothered by the back hand looking like an ice cream cone, and am still looking for a way to make it look less so.
Thanked by: