Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Jason's Quest
Hello everyone, I'm trying to make a game called ''Jason's Quest'', and I'd like to make it like an rpg, platformer, beat em' up,etc; I mean, sort of everything. What I'm asking you is:
-Would you help me to make a great story?
-Or teach me to edit 8-bit sprites?
-Or tell me where I can find some megaman sprites of MM8BDM (it has the sprites of the characters in 8 diferent positions (looking forward, backward, to the left, to the right, etc.))

Thank you for your attention.

PVery SadThis is something I've started to make:

.bmp   Jason.bmp (Size: 7.46 KB / Downloads: 339)

I hope you like it
Thanked by:
thanks for the love Heart

if i were you, i really wouldnt start with nes sprites. its usually hard considering the limitations. custom sprites would be a nice start.

but if you REALLY want to make (i dont know why you want to edit but ok) nes sprites, then i wouldnt start by editing megaman sprites. they have some sort of trick where his head and his body are separate sprites, which is all sorts of confusion.
[Image: XeE6VeC.gif]
Thanked by: Garamonde, Virt
Quote:Hello everyone, I'm trying to make a game called ''Jason's Quest'', and I'd like to make it like an rpg, platformer, beat em' up,etc; I mean, sort of everything.
Stop right there. Sort of everything? Already, your idea is (and I'm sorry for being so blunt) terrible. Your first game should be a single playtype, and something simple just to practice with.

Quote:-Would you help me to make a great story?
You want to make an RPG, so do you at least have a baseline idea for a story already in mind? It's your game; you have to come up with the concept yourself. A title alone isn't good enough.

Also, this question should be posted in the requests board. Since you only have 2 posts, that tells me either you didn't read the rules, or you're requesting here to circumvent the rules. Not saying the latter is the case, but it is definitely possible.

Quote:-Or teach me to edit 8-bit sprites?
It would be better to just make sprites that are simple than limit yourself to 3 colors per sprite and have size restrictions. If you still wanna learn, though, the best way to learn is by doing. Take some sprites, get your hands dirty with them, and post what you come up with. We'll help you from there.

Quote:-Or tell me where I can find some megaman sprites of MM8BDM (it has the sprites of the characters in 8 diferent positions (looking forward, backward, to the left, to the right, etc.))
Download the game itself, then look for Doom resource editors/extractors, specifically those that work with WAD and PLR files.

Sorry if my post seems harsh or rude. I really do wish you the best of luck on your game, but it's really clear that you lack experience in game design. Before you even start, you should study a bit, look at the different tools available, and watch shows like Angry Video Game Nerd and Extra Credits for some design tips and prime examples of what not to do in a game.

If you have any questions about beginning programming and things like that, feel free to PM me.
Thanked by: Iocus, E-Man