Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
gu i's sprites!
100% custom sprites.
i'm using the fighters resources style,b'cause i plan in,after a month pass by,
i'll register for the game.
even if i don't get in the game i'll still use these sprites for a game of mine.
hey guys
i created a character that would represent me better!
gui will continue existing but he wont will be the one representing me.
he will probably a spectator for my stage.
here he is:
jitter_idle
[Image: uKoHXCA.gif]
jitter_walking backwards
[Image: bioppYY.gif]
jitter_block
[Image: jge9m0B.gif]
jitter_Midnight moe
[Image: 3yKjdO8.jpg]
new version gui:
[Image: 1W3spFB.png]
here's his idle
[Image: ae790cfa12fb078a5ea37f44df3d1c44.gif]
walkneo(why walking when you can skateboard?)
[Image: tvIsElO.gif]
c+c apreciated
gui_16-bit(original gui from my first game)
[Image: rRGyorL.png]:shy:
kenny_16-bit
[Image: WsMFFE4.png]
and unknown
[Image: VOJB2ob.png]
this is just a preview of my stage
[Image: iSVOBIm.png]
No
Thanked by:
i'm updating.
No
Thanked by:
Alright. For your 16-bit sprites, first of all, they don't look very 16-bit. Look at SNES sprites and such and you will see how they looked. Your '16-bit' sprites are far more primitive and very simplistic. I would not recommend spriting in that style, because it is so simple and not very hard to do.

For your "unknown" sprite, the shading is inconsistent and the proportions are weird (his arms are short and so are his legs). Also, the colours are eye-bleedingly saturated.
The legs look like mushrooms as well...

For your fighter's resource sprite, it doesn't really look in style. It's too small, has weird proportions (again, short arms and legs and no neck) and the shading is a problem. It shows no texture and is inconsistent. The legs also have jagged lines.
I'm not really sure what he's supposed to be doing, but the animation shows little movement and is therefore awfully stiff.

I would recommend using references for shading and textures, and for the animation, try recording yourself performing it, cause that might help. By the way, do you sketch the sprite before making it? Because that could also be a good idea if you don't.
[Image: sig.gif]
Thanked by: E-Man, Yangfly Master
thanks man!
i will try it out.
thanks for the c+c.
by the way.
by sketching you mean drawing in my notebook?
No
Thanked by:
It could be sketching in your notebook (especially if you have a scanner), but you could also try sketching in your drawing program you use to create your sprites.
(02-27-2014, 07:31 PM)Gors Wrote: DO NOT BE AFRAID TO SUCK. DO NOT BE AFRAID TO SHOW YOUR SUCKY ART. I think this needs to go noticed to everyone, because sucking is not failing. Sucking is part of the fun of learning and if you don't suck, then you won't own at pixelart

it's ok to suck, sucking is not bad, just try and aim to always do your best!
Thanked by: Yangfly Master
thanks man.
i'll try it out!
i discovered some way to know how to make the moviments.
i simply simulates it in the real life.

i added some more sprites and gave eyes to gui.
added a crouch using the sketch tip with a stickman.
added the punch1 move.
i need some help with the body movement and the line that goes from the punch.
No
Thanked by:
Hold on, just stop. Stop making animations.

Your base sprite is off, and needs to be fixed, so you need to stop making more sprites. The errors will just propagate and it'll just be more fixing you'll have to do.

As Paladin has pointed out, the anatomy is just no good. His chin is not well defined, his face is all scrunched up, his arms are noodles (no elbows), his hands are pincer-like, his torso is, quite literally, a rectangle, and it's probably much too long. Also, the hair outline is basically a scribble, there's no sense of direction on it.

Design-wise, That combination of colors just looks unsightly, and essentially picked at random. Try using your colors more creatively, use some references if you must.

The shading (which has also been stated) is also wrong. You have two blatantly conflicting shadows, and they don't even properly follow the shape of the surface they're on.

Finally, give some thought to your character's pose. I can't even tell what he's supposed to be doing; is he pretending to be a t-rex ? Look at fighting game references if you need ideas, just plan out what your going to draw before just digging into it.

I would've presented some visuals, but no internet connection from my Pc at this point unfortunately.
[Image: shrine.gif]
Yo!
Sorry, but I'm going to admit that these are pretty horrible. I don't understand the 52 days deadline, it seems rather arbirtrary?
Anyway, onto your sprites.

Your sprites fit roughly in a 48x48 canvas. The TFR maximum is 64x64, so your sprite is about 2/3 of the size of most of the other sprites. I suggest you put your sprites in 64x64 sized frames for scale, so that you know whether you're working too big or too small, if you still have room or not, etc.
I would then make your sprite a bit bigger.
After that, I suggest that you look at some sprites of fighting games you know or like, or characters that could help you make your own. If it helps, you can stick them next to your WIP so that you can look at them whilst working.
So there. Add what Iocus has pointed out and you should end up with a decent sprite.

Here's my edit, with a few palette swaps:
[Image: 2xl5lWN.png]
Hope it helps.
[Image: x1aIZ2e.gif]
YOU HAVE TO FEEL WHAT YOU DRAW, FEEL

Thanks for the help.
I'll sprite it over again.
No
Thanked by:
thanks for both of you for helping me out.
i did a new idle based on the edit chris made to help me out.
No
Thanked by:
Dude.

I didn't make that sprite for you to use - I made it as an example from which you can start something better from scratch.
I'm not here to make sprites for people. If I did, you'd have to pay me first.

By taking my sprite you're being lazy and, in the end, you won't learn anything from what I've tried to explain, or anyone else actually.
So you have two possibilities: either you carry on using something that you haven't made with little to no gratification, or you make an effort to do better and start over.
[Image: x1aIZ2e.gif]
YOU HAVE TO FEEL WHAT YOU DRAW, FEEL

Okay i'll remove it as you say.
No
Thanked by:
here's a new version of gui:
[Image: iqdOdUq.png]
i made this in a 64x64 box.
i needs some helping in it though
before someone says:
"his ears are too big"
or
"what is with that white pixels on his arm"
i will explain.
gui is a half-elf so he can use magic powers as a common elf
that's the reason he's wielding(i bet its like this) a ice dagger.
i gave him a dagger after i noticed there isn't any character with a sword...
the white pixels was suposed to be his pocket clock(the clock who is in the persons arm)
No
Thanked by:
Gui has no visible forehead. I'd suggest making his hair higher up so that he does have one.
Thanked by:
I had done some changes to it such as the clothes.
Before this. It was impossible to make a decent shading.
No
Thanked by: