Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
LEVELS
LEVELS THREAD

Here you can find level graphics. Please edit the original thread in case there's an update on the sprites.

NicktendoDS's Babylon Kingdom
Chaoxys's Factory Level
NicktendoDS's Bouncy Park
Spriter Gors】【Bandcamp】【Twitter】【YouTube】【Tumblr】【Portifolio
If you like my C+C, please rate me up. It helps me know I'm helping!
[Image: deT1vCJ.png]
Princess' Stage: Babylon Kingdom (from Princess Fantasy Catventure)
Spectators for the stage:
[Image: ry4hcgP.gif][Image: 7vpP7Jz.gif][Image: QQWJjbx.gif][Image: KGbznQV.gif][Image: sZZT38Z.gif][Image: 7LmQqYk.gif][Image: YFyInjf.gif][Image: 6skUJQ9.gif]
[Image: iPctxcS.png][Image: D1402o3.png]
[Image: QUmE6.gif]
My Game Maker games (Dropbox download links):

Since it isn't here yet, this is a level Chaoxys did a while back (page 1 in the TFR thread)

[Image: bg1tsl.jpg]
[Image: OH4K4jX.gif] [Image: R7WBBzo.gif] [Image: TsJpssj.gif]
-----------------------[Love]-----------------------
Does anyone know some of the details about what levels might do? For example, both Neko's and Chaoxy's stage look like they'd need animation.
Animations - MFGG TKO (scrapped) - tFR
[Image: QUmE6.gif]
"It feels that time is better spent on original creations" - Konjak
Focus on the performance, the idea, not the technical bits or details - Milt Kahl
Thanked by:
Animation is no problem. Chaoxs' level actually scrolls slowly in the latest build I'm working on
Yeah, all I planned for with my stage was that the floor would move, and the BG would scroll with it, so it would look like you are on a treadmill, but in reality it's just visual trickery (in other works, the "movement" wouldn't effect any attacks in any way or anything like that). The little battery things would be in the BG cheering while the green crab thing would be floating in the jars.
Thanked by: psychospacecow
I'm not sire if I should be bringing this up now, but, what if there was a stage that had gaps that you could fall through if you weren't careful (Like in the middle or on both ends)?
I make webcomics. You can check it out if you want.

[Image: Thomas%20amp%20Zachary%20banner%202_zpsyzdyyste.png]
Thanked by:
(05-27-2014, 04:04 PM)TheMario360 Wrote: I'm not sire if I should be bringing this up now, but, what if there was a stage that had gaps that you could fall through if you weren't careful (Like in the middle or on both ends)?
I believe level design is taking more of a Street Fighter, Tekken kind of route. Your idea seems a bit like Smash Bros'.
[Image: 582217063e.png][Image: RWDCRik.png]

Thanked by: Baegal
Also the fighter maker edition would have difficulty replicating that. Walls on the other hand can be done, at least on each end. Foreground effects too, with and without transparency.
Thanked by:
(05-27-2014, 04:21 PM)TomGuycott Wrote: Also the fighter maker edition would have difficulty replicating that. Walls on the other hand can be done, at least on each end. Foreground effects too, with and without transparency.

could there be solid objects on the battlefield?

Thanked by:
Technically yes, but I don't think you can jump on them, at least not without more complex programming. At this time I have no intention of doing in-field objects in my version unless it is a minigame.
Thanked by:
(05-27-2014, 04:28 PM)TomGuycott Wrote: Technically yes, but I don't think you can jump on them, at least not without more complex programming. At this time I have no intention of doing in-field objects in my version unless it is a minigame.

I did see that a target test might be a thing. I guess my idea wouldn't be to far out of the realm of possibility after that?

Thanked by:
The target test would still be on a 2D field. The problem with the fighter maker is that there are limitations to certain things, including the plane on which the fighters are fighting. I can't even adjust the Y value of the main fighting plane. So for now in my version of the game it is pretty much out of the question. That kind of fighting style is better suited for a from-scratch version, and even then it completely changes the functionality and effectiveness of certain moves, such as Ocks' statue move which emerges out of the ground.
Thanked by:
Well, I guess that's something that could be tampered with after you make the actual game. I guess I'll have to find another way to make my stage unique (When I get to that point that is)

Thanked by:
(05-27-2014, 04:14 PM)ShadeDBZ Wrote: I believe level design is taking more of a Street Fighter, Tekken kind of route. Your idea seems a bit like Smash Bros'.
That's arguable, considering "ring outs" are prevalent in Soul Calibur.
This is a 2-D fighter though, so I wonder if something like that could even be implemented without making it the most annoying thing ever, since cornering enemies on walls is fairly common in these games.

(05-27-2014, 04:41 PM)TheMario360 Wrote: Well, I guess that's something that could be tampered with after you make the actual game. I guess I'll have to find another way to make my stage unique (When I get to that point that is)
In 2-D fighters, the stages are essentially the same layout wise. There's not much you can do to make it unique aside from aesthetics.
[Image: shrine.gif]
Thanked by: Paladin