Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Google is buying Twitch
Evidently the big G is buying Twitch for a billion dollars. It's a sad days boys; a sad, sad day.

[Image: 803ce84258.gif]
Moved to General Discussion, as this is not about videogames.
[Image: sweet-capn-cakes-deltarune.gif]
Thanked by:
Well considering that Twitch is a site dedicated to streaming video games, I thought it fit there
Thanked by: Kriven
http://nooooooooooooooo.com/
[Image: summary-bbad004172a3ffceaf4a2064ce34344d.png]
Thanked by:
I hope they don't Youtube it. Twitch actually has some really good streams.
[Image: k0OsVum.png][Image: NXpkf1V.gif][Image: psychicspacecow.png]
Thanked by:
Yeesh… Considering that Google already owns another video web site, I'm scratching my head about why Google wants to be so greedy. Besides, if they implement the same kind of negative changes they gave to YouTube, this would not be a popular decision for them that could end up losing business for them.
(02-27-2014, 07:31 PM)Gors Wrote: DO NOT BE AFRAID TO SUCK. DO NOT BE AFRAID TO SHOW YOUR SUCKY ART. I think this needs to go noticed to everyone, because sucking is not failing. Sucking is part of the fun of learning and if you don't suck, then you won't own at pixelart

it's ok to suck, sucking is not bad, just try and aim to always do your best!
Thanked by: BullockDS
I'm just scared that Twitch is gonna get a curse of Youtube.
You'd think something like this would be grounds for monopoly laws to kick in.
[Image: k0OsVum.png][Image: NXpkf1V.gif][Image: psychicspacecow.png]
Thanked by:
Guys, the changes to Youtube aren't even bad if you ask me.
I'm hella positive-neutral about this.
[Image: b6Bqjzn.gif]
Thanked by: recme
Meh, they messed up Youtube's video player, the comment system is awful, the god awful Google + integration (I want to use a username, god dammit) and the copyright system is fucking insane. Ads don't bother me because I use Adblock for every site.

However, Google would probably pay streamers better and would bring more recognition to Twitch.

Honestly, my fear is the copyright system screwing up streamers and the fear that Google may try to turn Twitch into something else that isn't just about video game streaming
Thanked by: Mystie, Kriven, recme
Oh boy I can't wait until Google Playstream comes out for Android so I can stream my Angry Birds Go! to all my friends.

No, really I'm not sure how to feel about this. Frankly...I don't. Part of me feels like they'll be laissez-faire with Twitch (kinda like they were with the Timely app for Android - they ended up making it downright godly)

I just hope they don't try to shoehorn in Google+ integration. :/ C'mon Google. Please.
[Image: 57d2BGH.png]
! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! refs
shoutouts to cutesu for the new av!
hopefully this doesn't affect the high elo lol streams I watch...

oh yeah and gors steam
[Image: FK4rxzT.gif][Image: rZSrTAQ.gif][Image: QUmE6.gif][Image: b0KxM.gif][Image: 3CczX.gif][Image: qjGOacY.png][Image: smC8iWb.gif][Image: FK4rxzT.gif]
[Image: shrine.gif]
Anti-Vipershark Operation Pantsu Weapon - By Kistu-nii~ Cute

Thanked by:
I don't watch or use Twitch, but this still concerns me, because I have a bad feeling that they're going to integrate Google+ and false copyright claims into it, just like what they did with YouTube.
Thanked by:
I'm pretty certain that Google won't fuck around with it too much. They aren't ridiculously stupid.

They just always struggled with their own livestream systems, and making them work within YouTube. It's likely that they will treat it like a secondary source of advertising potential. I doubt they will implement G+ integration, considering they're planning to distance it from YouTube too.
Tsunami Bomb - The Simple Truth
We could run away
Leave behind anything paper
Not knowing where we're going to stay
When there's no Mondays

You're part of me, it's so easy to see the simple truth
When I'm in your arms, I feel safe from harm and sorrow too
You're part of me, it's so easy to see the simple truth
But most of all, nothing couldn't be solved when I'm with you
Thanked by: E-Man, recme
That sounds reasonable, Dazz.

My only big concern now is if they're going to implement the bonkers copyright system or not. Why, even though there are a lot of good YouTube channels that already suffered from that kind of abuse (most recently the Dr. Wolf channel takedown that caused an uproar), I'm wondering if YouTube is finally going to realize that they need to revise this system.
(02-27-2014, 07:31 PM)Gors Wrote: DO NOT BE AFRAID TO SUCK. DO NOT BE AFRAID TO SHOW YOUR SUCKY ART. I think this needs to go noticed to everyone, because sucking is not failing. Sucking is part of the fun of learning and if you don't suck, then you won't own at pixelart

it's ok to suck, sucking is not bad, just try and aim to always do your best!
Thanked by: Mystie
Youtube has the most awful way of dealing with everything

they randomly take down shit all the time, even stuff that follows all the rules

and good luck getting it back, you'll get a short automated "we dont give a fuck. have a nice day"