Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Pulseman REMIX: The Sprite Topic
[Image: Title-temp.gif]
SPRITE TOPIC

Reference links;
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pulseman (story, characters)
http://volteccer.jvmwriter.org/game.shtml (gameplay)
http://mijet.eludevisibility.org/Pulseman/Pulseman.html (screens)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2XtzoNv2J...re=related (gameplay video of stage 1)

The idea of this project is to take the old, "outdated" sprites from the Genesis/Mega Drive game Pulseman, and "refresh" them, upping their overall quality and just making them prettier.

The sprites made in this project will be used in a video game version of these remixes, which will include new enemies and stages.

The "Old Sprites" section will be progressively updated as I rip the sprites from the game.

For old sprites that are grouped together (like the Neo Tokyo sheet), you do not have to claim everything on that sheet; you can claim any specific part that you want.

You do not have to use the limitations on the specific sprites that you've claimed!
In fact, adding more frames to smoothen out animations is highly encouraged.

You are also allowed to make your own enemies and bosses as long as it fits the theme of the Pulseman games, and/or for the level you want your custom enemies/bosses to appear, although it would probably be best to get the green light from me first. However, you are not allowed to use copyrighted characters, or characters/sprites from other games.

Claimed Sprites:
Pulseman - xTYVONx
Veil - xTYVONx
Beatrice - xTYVONx
Stage 1 Boss - Raytheon
Stage 3 Boss - xTYVONx
Helicopter (complete) - Mr. Buttbutt
Crawling Chip (complete) - Mr. Buttbutt
Spinning Bird (complete) - Mr. Buttbutt
First Level Tiles - Mr. Buttbutt

Old Sprites:
World Map
Stage Select (not a complete rip)
Neo Tokyo (stage 1) Enemies and Boss
India (stage 2) Enemies and Boss
USA (stage 3) Boss

Most of the enemies you will see in multiple stages.
If you need descriptions of what enemies/bosses do, feel free to tell me. I'll probably suggest new ideas for attacks as well (for bosses).

All sprites must be in a similar style to the sprite below;
[Image: Pulseman-stand.gif]
Reference chart:
[Image: pulsemancg6.png]
Note that the remade versions are 114.5% of the originals.

Please note that I am balancing out this topic with the one on PT, so some sprites might be claimed by someone on the corresponding forum.
Thanked by:
Though I don't think I have time to get involved, this does sound fairly interesting. I'd love to play it once it's complete.
Tsunami Bomb - The Simple Truth
We could run away
Leave behind anything paper
Not knowing where we're going to stay
When there's no Mondays

You're part of me, it's so easy to see the simple truth
When I'm in your arms, I feel safe from harm and sorrow too
You're part of me, it's so easy to see the simple truth
But most of all, nothing couldn't be solved when I'm with you
Thanked by:
i'm gonna start ripping some enemies and bosses now, so if you wanna get in just tell me.
Thanked by:
Ok, i started with pulseman's head (if there are no other submissions to it) [Image: Pulse.png]
Thanked by:
Sounds interesting, I think I could get involved. Smile

Uh, m.vit, don't you think you should wait for Tyvon to post more about his project, aka the style, before you start spriting?

On a completely unrelated subject I suddenly cant remember Tyvons old username O.o
[Image: ioncesawyouholleringint.jpg]
Thanked by:
If I was a good spriter I would totally be up for this. But since I'm not, I'll be anticipating this project.
Thanked by:
(10-07-2008, 04:55 PM)Arthur Wrote: On a completely unrelated subject I suddenly cant remember Tyvons old username O.o
Ashimura

also yes pulseman deserves a refresh
good luck
[Image: ndsMEF0.gif][Image: sig.gif]
Thanked by:
(10-07-2008, 02:51 PM)m.vit Wrote: Ok, i started with pulseman's head (if there are no other submissions to it) [Image: Pulse.png]
if you paid attention to my sprite topics at all you'd already know i started pulseman

anyway, i'll edit the 1st post later with additional information
Thanked by:
I want to help with this. Though, it' be sevral years since I've played Pulse Man, so I need a refresher.
Thanked by:
watch the gameplay video, there's your refresher
Thanked by:
i updated the first post and fleshed it out.
Thanked by:
Ok, im working on the world map, can you update the bosses, i will be adding a mugshots part to it
Thanked by:
I might help with this, Pulseman's an interesting character, and this is an interesting project...
[Image: smugnificent.gif]
[Image: GiantPKMN4.gif]
Thanked by:
(10-08-2008, 03:19 PM)m.vit Wrote: Ok, im working on the world map, can you update the bosses, i will be adding a mugshots part to it
the world map is only shown before you start one of the sections of the game (i.e. when you first start the game, and when you get to levels 4-6)
Thanked by:
[Image: pulsemancg6.png]
Note that the remade versions are 114.5% of the originals.
[Image: pulsenemy2af0.png]

This was pretty fun.
Can someone animate? The bottom row has inner outlines on the propellers.
EDIT:
45 minutes. I thought it was something like 20 mins, god time flies by when you're enjoying yourself.
[Image: ZRdfkWQ.jpg]
Thanked by: