Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Ash's 3D model workshop thing [modeling practice thread]
[Image: 681b5299f5eb87ca0b7292d0963f2d1f.png]This would ge here right? Well what ever, so here is the first 3d model I've ever done, kinda just went with a dragon head since it was right there on my desk and got nothing better to think of.
Thanked by: TheShyGuy, Kitsu, Omnikariz
It looks like there's alot of polygons, but otherwise it looks great!

What program did you use to model it in?

*Also, you might wanna turn on per-pixel shading instead of per vertex. It'll make the shading more smooth.
Animations - MFGG TKO (scrapped) - tFR
[Image: QUmE6.gif]
"It feels that time is better spent on original creations" - Konjak
Focus on the performance, the idea, not the technical bits or details - Milt Kahl
Thanked by: -Ash-
(04-24-2014, 01:45 PM)TheShyGuy Wrote: It looks like there's alot of polygons, but otherwise it looks great!

What program did you use to model it in?

*Also, you might wanna turn on per-pixel shading instead of per vertex. It'll make the shading more smooth.

I used the program Zbrush which basically handles models like a blob of clay. and thanks for the advice.

EDIT:[Image: 9cnNXMX.gif]Recorded a gif of most of the process. pretty happy with it.
After watching a few tutorials on the program I discovered a lot more about how to use it and made a orc type creature. [Image: e72c9d147d8434a57e7342b63cf9704d.png]I am most likely going to stick with things that don't have a true shape and are more of an imaginative thing for a while until I understand more about modeling
Thanked by: TheShyGuy, Kitsu
Your models look really good, even if they're not finished!
Thanked by:
Looks like you're having trouble with the chest. Pick up some anatomical references and review them for help on that. Specifically look at why the surface shapes of people look the way they do and you'll understand why having the linea alba continue right into the gladiolus completely skipping the xiphoid process makes it look weak and sickly.
Thanked by:
[Image: 57594a94b8d26b39c80c21dfcc118c23.png]Been a while since I did anything modely, so I decided to try it again, but I went and used the poly paint option in Zbrush, I guess it is ok just need more practice. Inspired off of Dragon Warrior type of art style.
Thanked by: Shade
So I am doing another full body model, even if I don't 'like' pokemon, I do like a majority of the designs. So yeah, Mewtwo, not finished, still need to work on his proportions a bit and finish the legs, possibly paint it. Also, why do we not have a general modeling thread? would be nice to have even if not a lot of people do modeling.

EDIT: So I finished the model, lowered the polycount from 120k to 7k, and then rendered it in blender.
Thanked by: Paladin, Omnikariz