Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Enemies and bosses you had a blast with!
While some enemies are meant to be challenging and annoying, you can't help but enjoy the occasional mook or boss that makes defeating him more of a game than an obstacle. Just tell me about the enemies and bosses you like because they are fun to defeat, appealing in some way, or both!

For me, a recent example is Smog from the Oracle of Ages. His boss battle is more like a game than a difficult fight because it requires me to use the Cane of Somaria in creative ways to force his pieces back together again. I think I had trouble with him in the past, but after fighting him again, I would love to see at least a mini-game created from this.
(02-27-2014, 07:31 PM)Gors Wrote: DO NOT BE AFRAID TO SUCK. DO NOT BE AFRAID TO SHOW YOUR SUCKY ART. I think this needs to go noticed to everyone, because sucking is not failing. Sucking is part of the fun of learning and if you don't suck, then you won't own at pixelart

it's ok to suck, sucking is not bad, just try and aim to always do your best!
Thanked by:
Monster Hunter.
[Image: QUmE6.gif]
My Game Maker games (Dropbox download links):

Thanked by:
Shadow of the Colossus: all of it! (except phaedra)
Pokemon competitive online battles sometimes...but most of the time people just use the same boring cheap stuff over and over again.
Most of the stuff in the true arena in KSS:U. Boss rushes mm mm. Galacta Knight in particular gives off a fun feeling with that overdramatic music and those sharp attacks.

I'm sure I felt this way with some bosses in TWEWY, but I can't remember any one in particular
And some in KH: Re: CoM...
um...

It's not a game where you really fight, but maybe Dahlia from PW Ace Attorney 3? Taking that crazy lady down felt really nice, as opposed to Investigations, where the final boss is just kind of annoying.
And I think I liked some boss battles in MMX4 and MM&B...
[Image: sxv5uJR.gif]
Thanked by:
I really liked Marx Soul battle
Thanked by:
The final boss in Kid Icarus uprising.
[Image: JSW7XoM.png][Image: M9AUckK.png]
Thanked by: recme
I always loved the boss battles from Banjo-Tooie. They weren't extremely hard, but they were just a lot of fun. One of my favorites was Weldar. You could definitely say he was... a blast! Heheheh. Get it? GET IT?

It's because you blow him up. *explains the joke*

Thanked by: E-Man
All I got to say is:

The Twin Rova Sisters.
[Image: Intro_Project2_zpsa3f9d668.gif]
Thanked by: E-Man
most of the bosses in la-mulana (warning: contains spoilers) are really fun once you get the hang of them
Thanked by:
My favorite boss fight in terms of fun is Goht (with the Goron Mask). I have yet to find a boss in the last 14 years to dethrone his title.

After some thinking, the only other one I can come up with is the giant electric sludge manta in Mario Sunshine, if you can count that as a boss. I feel like there was a boss I really enjoyed in Kingdom Hearts II, but most of that games bosses have slipped my mind.

[Image: 357n7r6_zps67bc167e.gif]
Thanked by: Iocus
i gotta say, nothing beats bandana dee in kssu
[Image: XeE6VeC.gif]
Thanked by: E-Man, Saltonara
(04-19-2014, 09:08 PM)Koopaul Wrote: I always loved the boss battles from Banjo-Tooie. They weren't extremely hard, but they were just a lot of fun. One of my favorites was Weldar. You could definitely say he was... a blast! Heheheh. Get it? GET IT?

It's because you blow him up. *explains the joke*

If it's one thing Banjo-Tooie has over Banjo-Kazooie, it's the boss battles! Sure, they want to kill you, but some of them actually feel like good characters (Old King Coal and Terry are two good examples). I wouldn't mind seeing them fleshed out even further in newer Banjo games (I was disappointed to see Mr. Patch acting like a generic monster without any personality in Banjo-Kazooie: Nuts & Bolts).

As for Weldar, that guy used to give me so much trouble when I was younger. Thankfully, I came up with a strategy that allowed me to make short work of him. Basically, it's better to use Fire Eggs over Grenade Eggs.
(02-27-2014, 07:31 PM)Gors Wrote: DO NOT BE AFRAID TO SUCK. DO NOT BE AFRAID TO SHOW YOUR SUCKY ART. I think this needs to go noticed to everyone, because sucking is not failing. Sucking is part of the fun of learning and if you don't suck, then you won't own at pixelart

it's ok to suck, sucking is not bad, just try and aim to always do your best!
Thanked by: Koopaul
[Image: tentalus_p.png]
[Image: kw3k.png]

is that from kirby
It'd either be those annoying twins from Final Fantasy 9 or Ol' Oogie Boogie from Kingdom Hearts (pick a game, they're all pretty good when you fight him, at least the ones I've played)
[Image: k0OsVum.png][Image: NXpkf1V.gif][Image: psychicspacecow.png]
Thanked by:
Meta Ridley from Metroid Prime is certainly one of my favorites. Others I really loved were Ornstein and Smough, Metroid Prime itself, Koloktos, Molgera, Artorias, various Castlevania bosses and Ballos.

I think my all time favorite would be OoT's Ganon.
Thanked by: