Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Some sprites I made a couple years back
[Image: fm50ma.png]
I know most of these sprites look hideous, but this was what I was capable of two years ago.

They don't look like this character's current design, they probably don't animate very well because I've actually never animated any of them myself.

I've actually not been able to even edit them to make him look like he does now...

But you can look at these here "sprites" and tell me how good or bad I was back then.
Just some lame words from a green fox
Thanked by:
there are a few places where the tail feels bulbous and not tapered, [Image: a66b092d64fe3a802899270b4cb956bb.png]and the shoulders are basically non existent. And the face has a whole derp thing going on. But I think the biggest problem would be the shading since it looks like it on a flat plane rather than a full character where shadows would wrap around his shape.
Thanked by:
I guess if I were ever to try and edit/remake these sprites I'd work the things you pointed out differently, but every time I've tried to remake them completely, my attempts were always fruitless.

I also think his head is a bit too small. though with that all said, I do think that this [Image: 30mlfux.png] is my favourite sprite even now.
Just some lame words from a green fox
Thanked by:
I'm sorry, what..?

Let me just say that if you are looking for empty praise or sympathy, that's not going to cut it around here. I, for one, do not think your sprite is hideous, but there IS room for improvement. Gauging the quality of your sprites is not the role of these forums, as far as I know, but rather, helping you improve them.

With that said, I don't understand the actual purpose of this topic, since posting sprites that are eons old doesn't help us assess your skill correctly, and it doesn't seem you plan on expanding on these...

Something I've noticed, though, is that you're too attached to the original sprite (the "base" sprite, if you will.) A lot of the poses seem to be edits off it to some extent. I know it feels good to accomplish making a decent sprite, and you might like it a lot, but if you are going to make a whole sheet, you might want to draw things from scratch more often.

Sorry if I'm coming off as harsh, but I think it's important to clear things up from the get-go.
Thanked by: Level 1, SchAlternate