Users browsing this thread: 3 Guest(s)
Why TSR?
Question 
So the big question is...
Why do you come to TSR?
I mean uhh. VG Resource?

My answer:
I visit every now and then, trying to soak up Inspiration.
It's kind of sad, but I look at this hobby and tell myself, why haven't I've published anything real with this skill.

I mean, the concept of Pixel art always sparked my interest as a kid, yet I get older, and look back at what I've done with it. =(

A little disapointing, but hey it's been a good learning experience.

How about you guys?
[Image: Intro_Project2_zpsa3f9d668.gif]
Thanked by:
Well, my story on how I made an account here in the first place is an interesting one. Before the circumstances that lead to its creation, I only saw this site as a place to gather sprites for sprite comics and nothing more. Since I mentioned that, I feel sheepish that there was a time I overlooked the actual meat of this place in the forum and missed out on making friends with you guys during that time. In fact, if it wasn't for the unfortunate event that driven me to make an account here, I probably wouldn't be making this post right now...
(02-27-2014, 07:31 PM)Gors Wrote: DO NOT BE AFRAID TO SUCK. DO NOT BE AFRAID TO SHOW YOUR SUCKY ART. I think this needs to go noticed to everyone, because sucking is not failing. Sucking is part of the fun of learning and if you don't suck, then you won't own at pixelart

it's ok to suck, sucking is not bad, just try and aim to always do your best!
Thanked by:
I joined up to become a better pixel artist, to learn animation, and the art of pixel illustration.
But most importantly, to actually develop a skill I am actually good at. I never really had much of a talent, so I want to actually be good at this.
Thanked by:
Are you sure about that, Level 1? Considering how del you create pixel art and you know your way around the world of art, I was assuming that you would also have a good hand in drawing.
(02-27-2014, 07:31 PM)Gors Wrote: DO NOT BE AFRAID TO SUCK. DO NOT BE AFRAID TO SHOW YOUR SUCKY ART. I think this needs to go noticed to everyone, because sucking is not failing. Sucking is part of the fun of learning and if you don't suck, then you won't own at pixelart

Thanked by: Level 1
I joined because I wanted to help on Koopaul's Banjo sprite project. I had read the whole thread from the beginning and loved it. In the beginning I only visited that topic, then started making some sprites in the S&PA section, then I started regularly visiting the Creative Zone. And some time after that I became a bit more active in the General Discussion forums too. I mainly use this site to try to help spriters and I use it because the community feels so tied together. I suddenly found myself caring about some other people on the internet, and that's all because everyone is so nice. In that regard, the site is very special to me.
[Image: sig.gif]
Thanked by:
i came here because i've been interested in pixel art since i was six. i visited these forums back when they were pixeltendo, and then joined them after the change to tSRC, where i as promptly met with criticism that 14-year-old me couldn't handle.

i'm here now because i've matured at least a little bit since then, i still enjoy spriting, and i like the atmosphere of this place.
Thanked by: E-Man
I came here because Mcleodgaming was rapidly becoming a cancer hole, and you'd mostly just get butt pats for your work. It really opened me up to a rude awakening here lol. First time I came here, I was a 14yr old little shit who had a terrible attitude towards critique and grammar for that matter heheh.
[Image: b6Bqjzn.gif]
Thanked by: Crappy Blue Luigi
(04-16-2014, 02:20 PM)E-Man Wrote: Are you sure about that, Level 1? Considering how del you create pixel art and you know your way around the world of art, I was assuming that you would also have a good hand in drawing.

I am actually much better in pixel art than I am to hand drawing. Hands and feet are my weakest points, dynamic poses and animation are still somewhat of a new territory to me even to this rate. That is why I use references a lot, maybe too much.
Thanked by:
Wow, these stories are inspiring beyond words.

Watching the community grow, and acknowledge their growth is a beautiful thing.
[Image: Intro_Project2_zpsa3f9d668.gif]
Thanked by:
I joined here way way back when because I was interested in spriting, I still remember my first crappy sprites like yesterday...

Also this site has had some really weird phases, and I mean really weird, at some point we had a currency system two different times and Megaman Zero edits were all the rage.
[Image: JSW7XoM.png][Image: M9AUckK.png]
Thanked by:
Someone coded an ASCII pentagram in C#
(04-16-2014, 02:31 PM)Crappy Blue Luigi Wrote: i came here because i've been interested in pixel art since i was six. i visited these forums back when they were pixeltendo, and then joined them after the change to tSRC, where i as promptly met with criticism that 14-year-old me couldn't handle.

i'm here now because i've matured at least a little bit since then, i still enjoy spriting, and i like the atmosphere of this place.

I can relate to this, CBL. While I actually spent a part of my 14-year-old life on Lemmy's Land and a year or two on Smack Jeeves, I was in for a harsh reality when I took on the latter web site. Now that I am thinking about it, I probably would not survive on this web site if I was 14, so I'm glad I returned here when I finally matured enough. Sure, I could have contributed to this site a whole lot more starting from 2009 if I was as active as I am today, but I was pretty worse off back then that I felt inclined to leave before I caused any havoc.

Thanked by:
This is a good topic.

I come to get models to turn into papercrafts, learn how to rip and sprite, and to be involved in another community.
Thanked by:
I rip sprites (when I feel like it), and I like the forums in general because they are a bit calmer and easier to keep track of, and the majority of people who stick around are cool.

I need a forum to be a big nerd in, so I might as well do it in a forum that coincides with another hobby.
(04-16-2014, 06:20 PM)TomGuycott Wrote: I rip sprites (when I feel like it), and I like the forums in general because they are a bit calmer and easier to keep track of, and the majority of people who stick around are cool.

I need a forum to be a big nerd in, so I might as well do it in a forum that coincides with another hobby.

I'm the same way. I'm a nerd, and I'm not ashamed. But I'm not just a nerd; I play sports, and I draw.
Thanked by: