Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
How to open a .PAC?
Question 
Can some one tell me how to open a .PAC file? been looking around the we and can't find anything that seems to work at all. The game im trying to rip from is Romance Dawn for the PSP, i know there are some models for it here on the site but there are alot more i wana get from it. Can anyone help me out?
Thanked by: DraconicChaos
You could try Noesis. It says it's compatible with .pac files from other games, but it might work with Romance Dawn as well. It's worth a shot.
Thanked by: reek39
Yea, i thought that as well when you mentioned it, so i took a look, it shows it as something i can select and lists it as a file it knows, but when i try to preview or export it, it says it can't determine the file type. In fact there seems to be multiple types of .pac files it lets my select.
such as the following.

Love Hina: Smile Again
Sword of the Beserker
TS:RS container

All of which give the same result. : /
Thanked by:
Hi i hope this help:

http://www.7-zip.org/
or
http://sourceforge.net/projects/dragonunpacker/
Well that gave some progress i guess. I was able to use the hyper rip to look through all the files, but only one of the .pac files gave me things. It gave me a bunch of wave files but they are all broken and can't play. Starting to think i have a broken version of the game. : / Then again i just looked at another game i was going to go into, also has .pac files and i got nothing from it. @.@
Thanked by:
Could you upload a couple of these .pac files? I'd be glad to take a look and see what I can do with them.
You may have a fresh start any moment you choose, for this thing that we call "failure" is not the falling down, but the staying down. -Mary Pickford
Thanked by:
Here ya go, https://www.mediafire.com/?48r5o9xleaou7i2

This is one of many folders with the files in it. When i opened the iso i found a file called "chr" which i am assuming is short for characters. I have no idea if you know alot about one piece but there are 10 files labeled c1, c2 c3 and so on which i assume means all the main characters and an older main character called Vivi, then there is 64 files labeled as e11, e12, e13, which i assume is the enemies. Compared to the last rip i did this is all very organized lol
Thanked by:
There's a QuickBMS script for these files here; if you haven't used QuickBMS before you can download it here. If you need some help with using it don't hesitate to ask.

The resulting files, however, are a bit more difficult to dissect. You might know what to do with them, but unfortunately I can't really figure much out.
You may have a fresh start any moment you choose, for this thing that we call "failure" is not the falling down, but the staying down. -Mary Pickford
This has really helped alot, i got the textures now, GIM files can be viewed and converted in Noesis. Now all i need is to figure out what a m3r file is lol. It's a new one that's for sure.
Thanked by: puggsoy
(03-25-2014, 11:18 PM)reek39 Wrote: This has really helped alot, i got the textures now, GIM files can be viewed and converted in Noesis. Now all i need is to figure out what a m3r file is lol. It's a new one that's for sure.

if you can rip models can you give me Garp kizaru Whitebeard shanks and aokiji Timeskipe ?
Thanked by:
A necropost as well as a request.
Locked/Warned.
Read the rules.
[Image: ndsMEF0.gif][Image: sig.gif]
Thanked by: