Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Having problems with some models
As you all know, I'm trying to rip all kinds of content from Bayonetta and Lollipop Chainsaw. Well, whenever I rip a character from either one of these games, some bone always screws up, causing a certain body part to stretch around whenever I pose them.

To show you an example, here I have Cordelia.
[Image: cordelia_1_zpsf48a9000.png]

Everything looks fine, right? Well, here's what happens when I rotate the root bone:

Rotating the spine bones gets the same result (meshes stretching out from her chest/boob area). Now here's what happens when I rotate the legs:

As you can see, nothing. And it's not just Cordelia that does this. Every single other LC character I've tried has the same results: Juliet, Rosalind, Nick with his original body, and Nick with his new body. They all have some mesh stretching out from their chest/boob area, and their legs never move. As for the Bayonetta characters, all of the bones work fine, but whenever I rotate anything from the mid-spine or neck up, their face glitches out and won't move with the rest of the body.

Can anyone please solve my problem? Thanks in advance.
Thanked by:
Select the whole model and assign them to the root bone? Only suggestion I can make.
Thanked by:
I did some troubleshooting just now.

First, I tried kinlyki's suggestion, but it didn't solve my problem with the non-working legs, or with the spine bones.

Then, I decided to try the original .psk files instead of my .smd conversions, and all of the bones work just fine, and there is no stretching either, leading me to believe that Milkshape only fucks things up when exporting .psk files from Unreal Engine games to any other format (it works fine when exporting .psks of models from Wii games though).

Now what I need to know is, how do I get Blender to display the materials in a .psk file properly? Whenever I go to the materials section and select one, pskmat0 selects the entire model, while the other ones don't select/highlight anything.
Thanked by:
i'm not sure if this will work, but have you tried to torrent the latest versions of 3D Studio Max or Maya cause they are 3D model programs as well. And they might be able to import the psk files, especially since Lollipop Chainsaw was created with 3D Studio Max Smile
What Rips am i doing next not sure?
[Image: giphy.webp]
Thanked by: Mystie
I will get a torrent of 3DSMax then, thanks! (Plus, I do remember the Umodel tutorial video you posted showed them using 3DSMax) Besides, I don't want to pay fifty billion dollars for the program anyway.
Thanked by: