Users browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)
GAMEMAKER IS not FREE
...until March 2nd.

http://gamemakerblog.com/2014/02/22/game...-50-value/

Get it now while you can.
(02-27-2014, 06:34 PM)Vipershark Wrote: If for some reason you can't download it (this goes for everyone), I've rehosted it here.
[Image: ndsMEF0.gif][Image: sig.gif]
im not even much of a programmer myself, but i guess i can pick this up so i can learn.
[Image: XeE6VeC.gif]
Thanked by:
Haha, man, I remember learning the shit out of Gamemaker back in the day.

I can't wait to see what I can do with this thing now that I know how to program at a professional level~
HAVE I BEEN MISLEAD?? [Image: TeamStory.gif] THE DREAM ISN'T DEAD???

Thanked by: recme, Kami
hint: everyone get this while you can because something might happen soon [Image: I0c4eU4.gif]
I've never really needed or wanted GMS but I guess I'll get it since I can. Maybe I'll even install it one day.

EDIT: Just realised you have to install before you can register for the key. Guess I can uninstall once I have it and keep the key until I need it.
You may have a fresh start any moment you choose, for this thing that we call "failure" is not the falling down, but the staying down. -Mary Pickford
Thanked by:
(02-24-2014, 10:20 PM)Vipershark Wrote: hint: everyone get this while you can because something might happen soon [Image: I0c4eU4.gif]

A new site feature/board/thread in the works, mayhaps? I'm simply atitter
with the thought~

Also thanks for the heads up, this saves me some money I honestly would
probably have not spent otherwise. Smile
[Image: 22610_s.gif]

Thanked by:
to anyone on tvgr that wants to make a game

whether you've previously programmed before or not
though ESPECIALLY people who are not already programming

DOWNLOAD THIS ALREADY AND MAKE GAMES
don't delay (unless there's like real life shit duh)
JUST DO IT

if you need help programming a thing, there's a large number of tutorials out there for just about any genre that's popular (and if you REALLY need help, feel free to shoot me a PM or a skype or whatever and I can help a bit sometimes)
you don't even need to do "amazing" things
just get started with something small and get it done
(02-25-2014, 04:28 PM)Kitsu Wrote: to anyone on tvgr that wants to make a game

whether you've previously programmed before or not
though ESPECIALLY people who are not already programming

DOWNLOAD THIS ALREADY AND MAKE GAMES
don't delay (unless there's like real life shit duh)
JUST DO IT

if you need help programming a thing, there's a large number of tutorials out there for just about any genre that's popular (and if you REALLY need help, feel free to shoot me a PM or a skype or whatever and I can help a bit sometimes)
you don't even need to do "amazing" things
just get started with something small and get it done

This is a really good post so I'm gonna quote it
It'd be awesome to have a community thing based around gamemaker. I've always wanted to do stuff with these things, but I never made it past the tutorial.
[Image: k0OsVum.png][Image: NXpkf1V.gif][Image: psychicspacecow.png]
Thanked by:
I've been using and continue to use GM for years. I haven't made the switch to Studio yet, but I already bought Professional when it was on flash sale during Christmas. It's a really great program overall, Studio version or not, and can create some really amazing stuff. You just need to sit down and put time and effort into your work, as with anything.
[Image: tamerkoh.gif?9][Image: DevBanner.png][Image: Youtube.gif]DLBROOKS33
Thanked by:
It isn't letting me register. I've got the key entered and all that but when I press the enter license button, it doesn't do anything.
[Image: k0OsVum.png][Image: NXpkf1V.gif][Image: psychicspacecow.png]
Thanked by:
They're getting completely slammed.
Just wait a few days to register but since you have a key already, you're good.
Thanked by: psychospacecow
Thanks a bunch for this.
Thanked by:
I've never exactly... liked YoYoGames as a company and I really don't like the direction they've taken Game Maker. But still, I've downloaded this. How long has it been since GM8.1? So much is different. I'm gonna finish everything I started in GM8 before I try to get used to this.
Thanked by:
I can't program either. But with some help maybe we can all work together on something... perhaps someone has already thought of that?

Thanked by: