Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
(PSP) Tactics Ogre: Let us Cling Together
So I was hoping someone could rip some sprites for this game, it's one of my faves! Specifically, I need the character art, and the sprites for all the characters, and hopefully the terrain maps as well. Unfortunately I'm on my phone so I can't link it, but I downloaded it on emuparadise, and it was an ISO file.
I tried this myself, but it doesn't appear to be anything I'm capable of (BIN files)
If there's anything I can do, please let me know.
Thank you if you do this, you'll be my knight in shining armor! Genki ^_^
Thanked by:
Would you be able to upload one or two of these BIN files? Are there any other file types you can see? I'd download the ISO myself but it's a tad large.
You may have a fresh start any moment you choose, for this thing that we call "failure" is not the falling down, but the staying down. -Mary Pickford
Thanked by: jirachiband
(02-11-2014, 10:07 PM)puggsoy Wrote: Would you be able to upload one or two of these BIN files? Are there any other file types you can see? I'd download the ISO myself but it's a tad large.
So as for the other files I can see, there's PNGs (Just of things like menus and such) and then 2 SFO files, and an AT3 file. They're rather small, so I doubt they're much of anything. As for uploading it might take a few minutes, I usually use filebeam, but it doesn't take BIN files, so im using speedyshare instead.

(02-11-2014, 10:07 PM)puggsoy Wrote: Would you be able to upload one or two of these BIN files? Are there any other file types you can see? I'd download the ISO myself but it's a tad large.
Here's one of the bin files:
http://speedy.sh/8UEWJ/DATA.BIN
Thanked by: puggsoy
Ah, good old DATA.BIN. I can never figure these out, but it's downloading right now so I'll see if my luck changes this time around.

Are there any others? DATA.BIN files usually contain a lot of arbitrary game data, not really many graphics.
You may have a fresh start any moment you choose, for this thing that we call "failure" is not the falling down, but the staying down. -Mary Pickford
Oh, theres plenty more. The main file has 3 files, called INSDIR, SYSDIR, and USRDIR. The data.bin I showed you was from INSDIR, which only has a .png in it otherwise. SYSDIR has:
BOOT.bin
EBOOT.bin
OPENSSMP.bin
and a file called "update" which contains another DATA.bin, another EBOOT.bin, and one of those SFO files. (PARAM.SFO)
And then the USRDIR file has all bin files, all of which have some sort of name like 00C8 for a name, except for the one at the bottom which is called FILETABLE.bin
Heres a complete list of the bin files in there:
00C8
0A8C
0A28
0ABE
001E
01F4
02BC
03E8
03E9
07D0
09C4
012C
038A
038B
038C
038D
FILETABLE
Oh, and the main file also has some useless pngs, an SFO file, and the AT3 file. Otherwise, just let me know which of these you want Smile
USRDIR is the directory that has the game files that are read from the disc, INSDIR has the files that are installed to the PSP, while SYSDIR is only the update stuff. If that DATA.BIN is from the INSDIR, then those numbered BIN files and FILETABLE would come in handy.
[Image: HcSQAM1.gif]
Sorry it took awhile, I had to make sure I don't need a root canal. Phew. Here's what's in the in the USRDIR file:
http://speedy.sh/7zQKt/USRDIRSTUFF.zip
I just threw it in a zip file so I didn't have like a billion links here.
Took a look, those files appear to contain different types of data. I found some PNGs in 0A28.BIN, and I saw some WAV files in another one. FILETABLE.BIN is a bit weird looking, not as clear as I hoped it would be. The file names look like offsets though, how did you extract them?

DATA.BIN appears to be a PGD file, I found a rough description of the format here. I can't really do much with it though, I have no idea how hashes work.
Thanked by:
I'd try doing what one person said in that thread: "load the game using JPCSP and flag in the option to save decrypted files or just install the game content so it will decrypt it for you..."
Thanked by:
Oh yeah, you could do that. I'd try but as I said before I don't really want to download the entire ISO.
Thanked by:
Is there anything I can do to help out?
Thanked by:
(02-13-2014, 03:58 PM)jirachiband Wrote: Is there anything I can do to help out?

This:
(02-12-2014, 11:41 PM)einstein95 Wrote: I'd try doing what one person said in that thread: "load the game using JPCSP and flag in the option to save decrypted files or just install the game content so it will decrypt it for you..."
(02-13-2014, 08:26 PM)einstein95 Wrote:
(02-13-2014, 03:58 PM)jirachiband Wrote: Is there anything I can do to help out?

This:
(02-12-2014, 11:41 PM)einstein95 Wrote: I'd try doing what one person said in that thread: "load the game using JPCSP and flag in the option to save decrypted files or just install the game content so it will decrypt it for you..."
Ok, ill give it a go. Ill tell you how that goes, and if I get anything.
Thanked by:
Does anyone know if ppsspp does this as well? I finally installed jpcsp, but its probably the worst emulator ive ever seen. Im still trying to get it to not freak out on the title screen, let alone figure out how to get it to actually get me any sprites.

Oh my. This is... less than understandable. I haven't even been able to figure out where I go to save decrypted files. I did a few things in the settings I (thought) would help, but all I ended up with in the TMP file was a png of something that was already a png, and thei SFO file. In another file, I got a bin file (EBOOT) and also found something called a "PGDFILE.RAW.DECRYPTED" None of this really makes any sense. Do you know where I go so it starts saving decrypted files?
Thanked by:
Sorry for the mini-necropost, but did anybody ever get these sprites?
Thanked by: