Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
MegaMan Deadly 7:Fan Game Project
Aka the one millionth mega man fan game project that will most likely never get finished. Mainly this just a simple fan project that started as a joke in a chatroom. It mainly consist of the 7 sins as the main bosses you face for weapons, while the fortress bosses consist of the 4 horsemen, all of these sprites have been finished for the most part(other than death only a concept sprite.)

[Image: axLBF1k.png] Here we have all 7 sins, and 3 of the horsemen. I should give credit for envy, and gluttony weren't made by me, but instead Sprites INC members. Ace_Spark (gluttony) and -Eric- (envy).

[Image: 7iBHBgG.png]Here we have the concept sprite of death(yet again done by -Eric-) While the final of the 4 horsemen I was going to have him spawn much weaker variations of the other 3.

For now I am pretty much shit when it comes to coding an actual game, and lack any music skills so i've been using the full blyka engine for GM8 and kevvviiinnn's music(he composed for megaman unlimited), kevvviiinnn's music is the only temporary thing for the moment

[Image: smaUUkx.gif]Here is the stage select screen I put together yet again with Ace_Spark's help. It is mostly placed like this due to it being 7 bosses instead of the usual 8 so it would be odd having a 3x3 tiled boss select with 1 piece missing. As of now this is literally all I have to show for the project that has been done, I decided to post this here due to TSR being a larger community than INC so I have more of a chance getting some required help.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

EDIT. Was in a bit of a rush and forgot to say that I have been working on stage ideas for the character Lust, as of now the theme of the stage is meant to be ye old tavern ish. other than that I got nothin
Thanked by: Sunlight, Phaze
I gotta say, I'm pretty impressed with that design choice: The selector ring vs the 3x3 grid. Granted, the 8 slots doesn't work for 7 masters, so this is solid.

Though, the sins themselves? Some of them look appropriate to Mega Man's style. The female (I'm assuming she's Lust?), the one with wild, black hair, and the Horsemen seem a bit off. Not bad, just not the same feel.

If you don't mind, I'd like to take a crack at maybe re-imagining these Sin-Masters.
Bearded Beast Illustrations
Photobucket Sprite Archive
Deviantart
If the study and practice of art, is not the endeavor to better one's skill constantly, then I don't know a damned thing.
Thanked by:
(02-10-2014, 09:52 AM)Bearded_Beast Wrote: I gotta say, I'm pretty impressed with that design choice: The selector ring vs the 3x3 grid. Granted, the 8 slots doesn't work for 7 masters, so this is solid.

Though, the sins themselves? Some of them look appropriate to Mega Man's style. The female (I'm assuming she's Lust?), the one with wild, black hair, and the Horsemen seem a bit off. Not bad, just not the same feel.

If you don't mind, I'd like to take a crack at maybe re-imagining these Sin-Masters.

It was pretty hard to get the horsemen to look very menacing and mega manish, but hey if you want you can take a crack at it.
Thanked by:
oh. so i actually was trying to figure out "is deadly 7 like an anime or something"? nope, apparently just sins, derp
(02-10-2014, 09:52 AM)Bearded_Beast Wrote: The female (I'm assuming she's Lust?), the one with wild, black hair, and the Horsemen seem a bit off. Not bad, just not the same feel.
i thought the hairy robot master was pretty okay (envy?) though when i think about it, i'm not really sure how being envious correlates with being hairy, lol and i feel like gluttony's feet could be repositioned to give him a more...fat feel (you know, more...gluttonous)
and agreeing with beardy beast here; lust could use a little more...inafune-ization. Like, she looks more suited to lead a resistance, lol.
I think if you just played around with the plating around her torso you could pull it off, (give her a round breast-plate to imitate breasts, round shoulder joints with small, wispish arms to give off the idea of like, the arms of a gown) but then again, I'm sort of wondering why you didn't go with like a casanova-type character who tosses roses and stuff, lol

also, i feel like the four horsemen would probably work better as robotic centaurs (plus they'd all be scary as hell and really fast!!)

buuuuuuuuut this is just me being a think tank
[Image: 57d2BGH.png]
! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! refs
shoutouts to cutesu for the new av!
Thanked by:
That reticle select screen sure is snazzy, though I'm sure that the scaled-up sprites are placeholders until you have finished mugshots of the bosses?
I'm curious, do you have finalized concept sketches of the bosses or are you designing them during the spriting process? Although cool as that death sprite is, it doesn't feel very Inafune/Mega man-style. I could probably whip up a few simple design iterations of bosses/enemies.
Salvador Dali Wrote: Begin by learning to draw and paint like the old masters. After that, you can do as you like; everyone will respect you.
[Image: shrine.gif]
Thanked by:
(02-13-2014, 09:34 AM)Sketchasaurus Wrote: That reticle select screen sure is snazzy, though I'm sure that the scaled-up sprites are placeholders until you have finished mugshots of the bosses?
I'm curious, do you have finalized concept sketches of the bosses or are you designing them during the spriting process? Although cool as that death sprite is, it doesn't feel very Inafune/Mega man-style. I could probably whip up a few simple design iterations of bosses/enemies.

I can't draw for shit so every sprite here is done from just spriting alone. And yes the scaled up mugs are place holders until I actually do some mugshots for them. And I absolutely agree Death looks very non Infune...I have been trying to make him the largest for the 4 and the most menacing, not easy for a style like classic mega man, where the most intimidating thing is Alpha.
Thanked by: Bearded_Beast
Yeah, Death is definitely very different from anything else. I like the designs so far, though.
You should have the ten-headed red dragon from Revelations as one of the final bosses. Tongue
[Image: b1.php?u=39480955]
Quote:You had wasted MY LIFE... waiting for just a goddamn bunnelby model.
-The prestigious Farlavor
Thanked by:
I like that stage select thingo you got going on. I'd help with music if you want. Wouldn't be the first time I've composed for a Mega Man fangame.
Thanked by: -Ash-
Just to Clarify; from left to right, are the sins: Sloth, Wrath, Lust, Avarice/Greed, Pride, Envy, and Gluttony?

I almost forgot: What powers to each of these sins possess? I could encorporate that,
into their designs.

Sorry, my thoughts are all over the place today.
Deviantart
If the study and practice of art, is not the endeavor to better one's skill constantly, then I don't know a damned thing.
Thanked by:
[Image: AdaptingAsuraAlchemistssins_zps9ccccdf7.png]
I took a whack at it.

I kinda liked the snoring from Sloth, so I animated this little diddy: [Image: Sloth-botDozing_zpsb4fb19c4.gif]

Use them if you'd like, or trash em if you don't. All you, dude.
Deviantart
Thanked by: psychospacecow, Phaze, -Ash-, Ton
(02-17-2014, 07:05 AM)MC Jimmy Wrote: I like that stage select thingo you got going on. I'd help with music if you want. Wouldn't be the first time I've composed for a Mega Man fangame.

I'd appreciate it, but if you are looking to get payed I wouldn't be able to supply any cash :/.

@Bearded_Beast
Those sprites look awesome as well, especially gluttony. Reminds me of the elder namik from Dragon Ball Z.
Thanked by: Bearded_Beast
(02-20-2014, 02:45 AM)AshuraAlchemist Wrote: I'd appreciate it, but if you are looking to get payed I wouldn't be able to supply any cash :/.
Nah. Just tell me what you want in the songs and stuff or something. You can check out my previous works in any of my links in my siggy. Feel free to send me PMs, contact me in an email, or Skype (I can give you it in a PM if you want, also it's the best way to talk to me). I'm slightly busy with college so if I'm not the fastest with results, I'm very sorry.
Thanked by: -Ash-
(02-20-2014, 08:31 AM)MC Jimmy Wrote:
(02-20-2014, 02:45 AM)AshuraAlchemist Wrote: I'd appreciate it, but if you are looking to get payed I wouldn't be able to supply any cash :/.
Nah. Just tell me what you want in the songs and stuff or something. You can check out my previous works in any of my links in my siggy. Feel free to send me PMs, contact me in an email, or Skype (I can give you it in a PM if you want, also it's the best way to talk to me). I'm slightly busy with college so if I'm not the fastest with results, I'm very sorry.

Alright then, I don't really care how fast or slow songs get finished. Since i'm a bit like that myself. I also would have an easier time through PM so when ever I might need something I will contact you through that method.
Thanked by: