Users browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)
Sonic Boom
So a Sonic redesign. Yeah.
Knuckles is kinda weird...
Thanked by:
Before you freak out, SEGA has already said these ain't replacing the regular designs.
[Image: JSW7XoM.png][Image: M9AUckK.png]
I actually like these designs more than the regular ones.
(except knuckles)
Is this a joke from Sega? I would understand if this was just a showcase of the visuals or something, but why change a classic group of characters designs? Tails is good, but that's it. Amy is not too bad. Sonic looks a little bit weird. And poor Knuckles...

NinjaNinjaNinjaNinjaNinjaNinjaNinjaNinjaNinjaNinjaNinja

One second you see me, the next second you probably will still see, but the next second you won't!

Wits,Stealth and Speed makes a true ninja.Ninja

Thanked by:
So is this another new canon of the Sonic series like Archie or Sonic X? SEGA has said that these won't be the permanent character designs AND they're getting their own show, so all signs point to a new canon. But then why make a game about this canon if it's supposed to be its own standalone thing?

I'm gonna give it a chance, but it seems like SEGA doesn't even know what to do with this character or universe anymore. This could be the beginnings of another Dark Age.

Just speculation though. Don't take me seriously.
Thanked by: Baegal
(02-06-2014, 05:02 PM)Vitesse Wrote: I'm gonna give it a chance, but it seems like SEGA doesn't even know what to do with this character or universe anymore. This could be the beginnings of another Dark Age.

Considering this (and the reasons related to the awkward Mario movie), I guess this is a very legit reason as to why Nintendo hardly ever allows comics and TV shows based on their IPs to surface in this day and age anymore. WIth Sonic having more comic series, timelines, and TV shows than all the Nintendo IPs combined, it would be too confusing if Mario was his jolly self in the games, but ended up being a rouge freedom fighter in an officially licensed comic series. It would be too tricky to keep track of and there would be plenty of arguments on what is canon or not.
(02-27-2014, 07:31 PM)Gors Wrote: DO NOT BE AFRAID TO SUCK. DO NOT BE AFRAID TO SHOW YOUR SUCKY ART. I think this needs to go noticed to everyone, because sucking is not failing. Sucking is part of the fun of learning and if you don't suck, then you won't own at pixelart

it's ok to suck, sucking is not bad, just try and aim to always do your best!
Thanked by:
Looked like a game-trailer and why must the non-game media be so hellbent on dividing the Sonic fan-base into a million pieces.
And I'm getting sick and tired of dubstep in everything!
[Image: QUmE6.gif]
My Game Maker games (Dropbox download links):

Is this Sonic Heroes 2 or something
[Image: ndsMEF0.gif][Image: sig.gif]
Thanked by: Kriven, Miles07
Aside from this designer going all Tetsuya Nomura with the tape/bandaging, I don't think these aren't such horrible designs (except for Knuckles dear Christ), especially if they're not meant to replace the "main" designs.

Also, it could be worse, like Sonic and friends playing in an illegal underground rock band and using magic medallions, that turn into instruments, as weapons.
Offending people is a necessary and healthy act... Every time you say something that's offensive to another person, you just caused a discussion. You just forced them to have to think. - Louis C.K.
Thanked by: E-Man
I actually like the new designs.

Especially Amy's. Can't wait for some rule 34 o-er, regular fan art. Plain old fan art of her, nothing that involves indecencies.
Big sigs are for scrubs.
Thanked by: BullockDS, Kriven
(02-06-2014, 05:18 PM)NICKtendo DS Wrote: And I'm getting sick and tired of dubstep in everything!

This, seriously. Bleh.

The bandages on their hands, I guess I can deal with. The bandages on their feet though, what???
[Image: sxv5uJR.gif]
Thanked by: recme
Admittedly, all of these designs are kind of cool (yes even Steroid Knux, though not by much). And, really, it could've been worse.

Far, far worse.

(01-24-2014, 07:52 AM)Gors Wrote: those are really fucking classy surnames you've got there

[Image: tumblr_npvw95As6k1tzzv2wo1_540.gif]
Thanked by: Crappy Blue Luigi
Good thing this is just a spin off.

So no one's complaining about Sonic having BLUE ARMS? That's the biggest berserk button to fans.

IMHO, I reckon they look ugly. Bandages are so cliche, and "Rob Liefeld Knuckles" is too laughable.
Still wouldn't mind checking it out, though. And it's good to see the others being playable again.

Yeah, Skrillex used for the trailer. BAH! He only has one good song, Make it Bun Dem*
*Damien Marley pretty much steals the show.
[Image: sonamy_animtitle_by_retrobunyip-dbg86ov.gif]
I've always thought Sonic's apricot arms were weird, and I hardly noticed the channge to blue arms.

I like it.
[Image: Dexter.png]  [Image: Bubbles.png]  [Image: SNWzHvA.png]   [Image: SamuraiJack2.png] [Image: kQzhJLF.png]  [Image: Pikachu.png] [Image: tSCZnqw.png]
Thanked by: recme