Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Death of a Holiday Legend
On January 30, 2014, the famous film producer Author Rankin, Jr. died. Considering that the holiday specials he produced mean the world to me when I was knee-high to a grasshopper and I still continue to like them in this day and age, his passing is extremely depressing to me.

This thread is for those who want to pay their final respects for a legend in Holiday specials and want to share their memories of growing up with anything produced by Rankin/Bass.
(02-27-2014, 07:31 PM)Gors Wrote: DO NOT BE AFRAID TO SUCK. DO NOT BE AFRAID TO SHOW YOUR SUCKY ART. I think this needs to go noticed to everyone, because sucking is not failing. Sucking is part of the fun of learning and if you don't suck, then you won't own at pixelart

it's ok to suck, sucking is not bad, just try and aim to always do your best!
Thanked by:
I still watch them too. I had no idea he was still alive unitl now.

Well his works will live on.

Thanked by:
Last time I checked, Jules Bass is still alive. It's pleasing to know that some of the original staff from the Rankin/Bass specials are still alive (including Mickey Rooney), but having someone as important as Arthur Rankin die on us is unbearably sad.
(02-27-2014, 07:31 PM)Gors Wrote: DO NOT BE AFRAID TO SUCK. DO NOT BE AFRAID TO SHOW YOUR SUCKY ART. I think this needs to go noticed to everyone, because sucking is not failing. Sucking is part of the fun of learning and if you don't suck, then you won't own at pixelart

it's ok to suck, sucking is not bad, just try and aim to always do your best!
Thanked by: