Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
The Good, The Bad and the Food (food thread)
Simple thread, tell me your gastronomical preferences. What do you like, and what do you hate eating?

I like pretty much anything, but my fave dish is feijoada and my fave sweet is manjar

[Image: feijoada_serv_021.jpg]
Feijoada (black bean casserole with pork, sausages and bay leaves and pepper, accompanied with cooked rice and braised couve-manteiga)

[Image: manjar.jpg]
Manjar (sweet coconut milk pudding covered with caramelized plum syrup)

Now, some of the foods that I don't like is raw carrots, old and spongy apples (ugh) and compotes made out of orange peels.

[Image: 41342_highlight.jpg]

(I will hate this forever)
Spriter Gors】【Bandcamp】【Twitter】【YouTube】【Tumblr】【Portifolio
If you like my C+C, please rate me up. It helps me know I'm helping!
[Image: deT1vCJ.png]
Thanked by: psychospacecow
I'm pretty open to food unless its sour. Heck, I drink my coffee black and find most things people around me consider hot to be mild at best.
[Image: k0OsVum.png][Image: NXpkf1V.gif][Image: psychicspacecow.png]
Thanked by:
Yo homeboy the food thread is right here!!!!
http://www.vg-resource.com/thread-22141....light=food
[Image: ndsMEF0.gif][Image: sig.gif]
Thanked by: Garamonde
This is awkward. lol
[Image: k0OsVum.png][Image: NXpkf1V.gif][Image: psychicspacecow.png]
Thanked by:
Meh, it hasn't been updated in a year, there's nothing wrong with a new thread
[Image: 803ce84258.gif]
Thanked by: Gors, Kami
I love...
[Image: macaroni-and-cheese.jpg]
mac and cheese!
[Image: misc-010.jpg]
melona bars!
[Image: thumb_600.jpg?1336080145]
superman ice cream, my favorite ice cream!
[Image: snow-crab-legs.jpg]
snow crab legs!

I hate...
[Image: donmoogee.jpg]
yellow radishes! ew!
[Image: sxv5uJR.gif]
Thanked by: Vipershark, Gors, Kami

[Image: sweet-capn-cakes-deltarune.gif]
I pretty much love any kind of pasta. If it has meat (spaghetti bolognese, lasagne, etc) that's even better.
Mince pies are also a favourite of mine. Can't beat a good warm pie, especially on a cold day, mmm.

I don't like any kind of seafood beyond fish (and shark, although I've only had that once or twice). Crumbed calamari or shrimp is sometimes OK, but otherwise I just avoid it.
Okra's pretty high on my "ugh foods" list as well. I've had it numerous times in Egypt and while I can choke it down, I try to smother the taste with whatever else I have on my plate. The texture doesn't help either.
You may have a fresh start any moment you choose, for this thing that we call "failure" is not the falling down, but the staying down. -Mary Pickford
Thanked by: alexmach1
Might add some more later on, but these are some of the first ones that come to mind.
Thanked by:
oh man. a thread about eating food. i love food. im getting diabetes just thinking about all my favorite foods right now Smile

here's what i like. me.

this is falafel. in a pita.
[Image: uhXnPta.jpg]
mix it up. put some hummus in there. ill marry u.

oh that's another thing i like. hummus.
[Image: XT4lcjm.jpg]
give me a box of ritz crackers and a large tub of this. both will be gone in a half hour and you'll be out $20

i also really like hot dogs. but here's the catch
[Image: 9vncavv.jpg]
i only like hot dogs when you put a lot of really weird shit on them. like, when you take that dog and make it into an art, then i'll respect your art and so will my stomach. i have so many pictures of fancy hotdogs on my phone it's unreal. i really hope someone steals my phone because all they'll see is pictures of things i buy and fancy hotdogs.
pictured above are hotdogs from walk-in restaurant Japadog in NYC (aka Devicho's favorite place to eat that she's never been to)
It's a hotdog place with a japanese fusion with literally every hotdog. even the fries are japanese-inspired, with japanese-influenced garnishes (wasabi fries, seaweed garlic fries, etc.)

oh, and one last thing. veggie burgers. Oh My Fuckin God
[Image: rTsai01.jpg]
veggie burgers are a really interesting concept. hamburgers are pretty much the same. you're gonna slay the same kind of cow and get the same kind of beef. sure you can spice it up with garnishes, but the veggie burger is truly unique...mainly because the idea of the veggie burger is up to such broad interpretation.
for example, the veggie burgers you buy at the grocery usually taste like mcdonald's burgers...which isn't bad because if you think about it, mcdonald's burgers contain so much garbage but veggie burgers contain vegetables and spices.
but then, go out for a veggie burger and this is taken to the next level. the veggie burger literally differs by establishment because the chef has a radically different idea on what goes into his burger, and what goes ON the burger. the king of veggie burgers is in a little hole-in-the-wall cafe near my morning job, which has i-don't-know-what but is topped with lettuce and literally the best chipotle mayo in the world.

now, all that said, there's very few things i don't like.

steamed broccoli.
[Image: iZS1ESr.jpg]
when your broccoli looks like this and you're feeding it to me, you done fucked up. when properly cooked, it's like soggy-ish and that's SO much better honestly.

taro.
[Image: z99BoyA.jpg]
now, i've never actually eaten a real taro, but everything taro-flavored (usually milkshakes and whatnot) tastes like plain unbuttered toast to me. imagine a milkshake that tastes like plain unbuttered toast. cold, liquid plain unbuttered toast. you might be into that but i think that's disgusting just give me hot plain unbuttered toast thanks.

literally anything that looks like it belongs on "this is why you're fat"
[Image: z57kC7u.jpg]
looking at sites like this MAKE ME SO NERVOUS
food like this ACTUALLY FRIGHTENS ME JUST LOOKING AT IT
[Image: 57d2BGH.png]
! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! refs
shoutouts to cutesu for the new av!
Thanked by: Sengir, Maxpphire, Kami
I dunno, Kosheh. Pitas make me falafel.
Thanked by: Garamonde
(02-04-2014, 09:17 AM)Devicho Wrote:

I can really agree on these two things. Only differences being that while I don't really like actual bananas, I love banana flavor. It's so strange...

Also that I don't like peppers unless they are cooked and diced up in food so that they don't taste strongly.
[Image: sweet-capn-cakes-deltarune.gif]
Thanked by:
so far i'd eat anything itc (except the foods i dislike that I listed above)

it's really interesting seeing your preferences, also it's really different to see food from other countries
Thanked by:
^Didn't you tell me you hate yellow radishes too?

We have pizza at our house really often, but man it never gets old.

Also I feel similar to Kosheh; anything that looks like a heart attack makes me really uncomfortable
[Image: sxv5uJR.gif]
Thanked by:
Did i say that??

(remember that mugi pic with yellow radishes? I ate them afterwards)
Thanked by: