Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Xbox 360 / Playstation 3 ripping help
Question 
I want to rip lots of content from Bayonetta and Lollipop Chainsaw. I've looked on the XNALara forum and DeviantArt group, and most of what I find are Bayonetta and Juliet's various outfits, with very few characters who AREN'T Bayonetta or Juliet. There are countless characters, enemies, bosses, weapons, items, and props left un-ripped from both of these games, so I'd like to rip them myself.

Only problem is...I don't know how to hack into Xbox 360 or Playstation 3 games. I've looked for tutorials and resources on these forums, and I haven't found a single tutorial for either of these systems, and the only Xbox 360 resources I could find are for Halo only. I did, however, find a resource for viewing and ripping models from Unreal Engine games, which will help me in ripping content from Lollipop Chainsaw (the site even said that it's compatible with everything in that game except for "Stat", whatever that means).

Could anyone please help me out here? I would much appreciate it. Wink

(And just to let you know, I own Bayonetta on Xbox 360, and Lollipop Chainsaw on Playstation 3.)

EDIT: What I meant to say instead of "hacking into Xbox 360 or Playstation 3 games" was "making an ISO of Xbox 360 or Playstation 3 games". Sorry. It seems that hacking into the ISO is easy, but I can't find anything on MAKING the ISO.
Thanked by:
here's a tutorial for ripping 360 games that run on the unreal engine

here's hoping you submit them to the model resource Smile
What Rips am i doing next not sure?
[Image: giphy.webp]
Thanked by: Mystie
(01-28-2014, 08:31 PM)senjen Wrote: here's a tutorial for ripping 360 games that run on the unreal engine

here's hoping you submit them to the model resource Smile

Thanks! Now all I need is to find out HOW to make an ISO of 360 or PS3 games...

(Also, I'm guessing this method works the same on PS3? Since I have the PS3 version of Lollipop Chainsaw...)
Thanked by:
well 1 option is you could find a xbox 360 iso of lollipop chainsaw on the internet, i could pm you a site as well, since were not allowed to to post rom's/iso's on the forums.
Thanked by:
(01-28-2014, 10:07 PM)Mystie Wrote: (Also, I'm guessing this method works the same on PS3? Since I have the PS3 version of Lollipop Chainsaw...)
If your PS3 has a firmware version over 3.55, you're better off downloading a copy off of the internet, since the only way you can dump PS3 games without their decryption is by using custom firmware.
Thanked by: Mystie
(01-28-2014, 10:12 PM)senjen Wrote: well 1 option is you could find a xbox 360 iso of lollipop chainsaw on the internet, i could pm you a site as well, since were not allowed to to post rom's/iso's on the forums.

Okay, that could work too. Smile

(01-28-2014, 10:21 PM)Random Talking Bush Wrote: If your PS3 has a firmware version over 3.55, you're better off downloading a copy off of the internet, since the only way you can dump PS3 games without their decryption is by using custom firmware.

My PS3 is over 3.55, so yep, looks like I will have to get an ISO instead.
Thanked by:
Okay, I already ripped a whole lot of content from Bayonetta, but whenever I bring one of the models into Blender (I don't want to use 3DSMax as it has a 30-day trial and I don't want to buy it), it never lets me use all of the textures.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/g0ef5067132uxg...blem_2.png
For example, here we have Bayonetta in her panther form. Everything looks fine, right? Well...

https://www.dropbox.com/s/izmsxyf174o7ie...blem_3.png
When I click on all of the other materials, it still displays the same texture, and same vertices.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/8qnk1bdv6q9va1...blem_4.png
And even when I do use the texture, it doesn't even use everything in the texture file (notice how her eyes aren't textured).

What do I do?
Thanked by:
one reason her eyes could be messed up is cause you didn't flip the normals on her eyes some models have this issue when ripped, go into edit mode in blender push w button then click flip normals, but only on the eyes, nothing else. anything else that has a issue, flip normals on those as well. Here's hoping this helped Smile

also if you do submit these to the model resource remember to submit them in the other system section, since they are from the xbox 360 versions,

also if the model does come with rigging make sure it is a .dae file, also put a .obj with a .mtl file in case someone can't open the .dae file
Thanked by:
(01-29-2014, 08:40 PM)senjen Wrote: one reason her eyes could be messed up is cause you didn't flip the normals on her eyes some models have this issue when ripped, go into edit mode in blender push w button then click flip normals, but only on the eyes, nothing else. anything else that has a issue, flip normals on those as well. Here's hoping this helped Smile

also if you do submit these to the model resource remember to submit them in the other system section, since they are from the xbox 360 versions,

also if the model does come with rigging make sure it is a .dae file, also put a .obj with a .mtl file in case someone can't open the .dae file

Didn't work. Also, I need to know how to make it use other texture files and other vertices.

EDIT: Using Noesis, I opened some of the models that I ripped from both games, and the textures don't appear there either. What exactly could I have done wrong?
Thanked by:
I unfortunately don't know how to fix your issue Random Talking Bush is probably one of the few people who could help you, fix your issue though, but he is pretty busy.
Thanked by:
Even if RTB is busy, I'll shoot him a PM anyways.

In the meantime, I'll rip and submit various sprites, other 2D graphics, sound clips, and voice clips from these games. I already got some rips of the book pages that introduce each angel type in Bayonetta, and I already ripped a crapload of sounds and 2D graphics from Lollipop Chainsaw, now all I need is to learn how to rip sprites from Bayonetta, and how to convert its .aax audio files to .wav.
Thanked by:
So I decided to experiment various procedures with the Bayonetta models, and it seems that when I export them as .obj files right off the bat, rather than as .psk, it applies the textures to them. Expect to see models soon.

Now I just need to find out what's going on with the Lollipop Chainsaw models, and if there's any way to export models in Umodel in a different format.
Thanked by:
(02-01-2014, 12:06 AM)Mystie Wrote: So I decided to experiment various procedures with the Bayonetta models, and it seems that when I export them as .obj files right off the bat, rather than as .psk, it applies the textures to them. Expect to see models soon.

Now I just need to find out what's going on with the Lollipop Chainsaw models, and if there's any way to export models in Umodel in a different format.
I would't recommend to export models in .obj if they have bones and weights. As far as I know Noesis can import Bayonetta models with skeleton and I'm almost sure that umodel can do that too with Lollipop Chainsaw models, so it would be better to use .dae for submission if you are ripping character models. Rerigging characters is a complicated and time consuming process, so it's always better to keep the original bones and weights if it's possible.
Thanked by:
(02-01-2014, 05:11 AM)maver1k_XVII Wrote: I would't recommend to export models in .obj if they have bones and weights. As far as I know Noesis can import Bayonetta models with skeleton and I'm almost sure that umodel can do that too with Lollipop Chainsaw models, so it would be better to use .dae for submission if you are ripping character models. Rerigging characters is a complicated and time consuming process, so it's always better to keep the original bones and weights if it's possible.

Yes, I know both of them can do that, but like I said, exporting as .psk in both programs does not include the textures, and glitches everything up with the texture application process.

But...come to think of it...I may save each model as both a .psk and an .obj, then copy the bones from the .psk over to the .obj. I'll save props and other un-poseable objects as .obj only though.
Thanked by:
unfortually .obj doesn't keep the rigging intact only the .dae format does keep the rigging.
Thanked by: