Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Sup, Just looking for some Criticism.
Hey, I would like some people to take a look at these and tell me if there is anything wrong with them. (these are Sprites incase you are wondering)

[Image: red_haired_bastard_zx.png]

I've been doing this for about 2 years now, and i'm looking for someone to tell me how this looks. I plan on making some Custom stuff and i just want to make sure i can get my own stuff right before doing anything else.
I also made these since i see 8-bit megaman style stuff around here sometimes

[Image: 8-bit.png]

Thank you.
[Image: 76561198059964992.png]
Thanked by:
Moved to S&PA.
[Image: ndsMEF0.gif][Image: sig.gif]
Thanked by:
If you were doing there for the last years, it kinda makes me want to ask if you live in the past, because that Megaman style is so 2000's

you seem to have some technique, but your color choices are poor (little contrast and pillow shaded in some parts) and you are simply editing the megaman sprite which isn't the best way to show your abilities imo. As I said, these are really unimpressive. Try something custom instead so we can give you better C+C!
Spriter Gors】【Bandcamp】【Twitter】【YouTube】【Tumblr】【Portifolio
If you like my C+C, please rate me up. It helps me know I'm helping!
[Image: deT1vCJ.png]
Thanked by:
Low contrast between shades is a common error that I've seen on sprites made by newcomers. even though it may look nice and smoothly blended when zoomed in, it makes the sprite look flat.

I also noticed that, even on areas where used in a very small area, every color has 3 shades. This kind of thing is unnecessary, especially in cases where a close color is used elsewhere on a sprite.

To get you started here on TSR, and to make crits easier to understand, I suggest reading up on the Spriting Dictionary: here

In addition, here's some tutorials for more reference.
Salvador Dali Wrote: Begin by learning to draw and paint like the old masters. After that, you can do as you like; everyone will respect you.
[Image: shrine.gif]
Thanked by: Gors, Chris2Balls [:B], Phaze