Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
A war vs Viacom(or how five characters return youtube back to the way it was)
This is an Action RPG I'm developing with Flash CS6. It features 5 characters to play as.
I don't know flash,and the game will be done in the style of Mother 3,with a hint of Zelda:LttP for action sprites. Someone should collaborate with me to make the engine. There will be equipment like a Pacman Hat for the main character and the other character who wears it regularly. The game will also have a spindash mechanic,like in Sonic 2 onward.
Here are the characters:
*NinjaDude(the main character of the Elite4 webcomic I wrote)
*MegaMan Volnutt(the main character of MegaMan Legends on the PS)
*Klonoa(the main character of his eponymous series)
*Felicia(a character in the Darkstalkers series)
*Shadow the Hedgehog(the second most popular Sonic character)

each one has their pros and cons.

The game will be even more Mother 3-like by having a naming feature,including a "Don't Care" option,with 4 default names for each character.
I make bad content
Thanked by:
Hm, ok, we'll wait
Spriter Gors】【Bandcamp】【Twitter】【YouTube】【Tumblr】【Portifolio
If you like my C+C, please rate me up. It helps me know I'm helping!
[Image: deT1vCJ.png]
Thanked by: psychospacecow
Klonoa:
[Image: 1TpDSpq.png]
[Image: UqEbZuZ.png][Image: UVZCH6Y.png]
NinjaDude:
[Image: ydi23H1.png]
[Image: FtFema6.png]
Shadow:
[Image: Yn40kKX.png]
[Image: Cuehyew.png]
MegaMan:
[Image: DirtswR.png]
I make bad content
Thanked by:
(12-24-2013, 02:20 PM)Sir Ethan Wrote: Someone should collaborate with me to make the engine.

They should......but will they? =:0

____

what even is the purpose of this game? like, why did i click on this topic? plotwise? all this is is "hey check this out, i made klonoa and an OC in Mother 3 style. oh and you can play as 5 people" but like

okay, to fill some people in (perhaps the name isn't as recognizable in the UK or Brazil, maybe - it's present; just no one probably cares over there) Viacom [short for Video and Audio Communications] is a mass-media company trailing just behind Disney as one of the four biggest companies in the world. Viacom owns Nickelodeon, MTV and BET. They also own Paramount Pictures, GameTrailers, and Neopets.

Like okay - there's Viacom, and the protagonists are taking action against its sheer size - but why? Viacom owns the things people like.

What's the plot?
WHY is Klonoa fighting corporate drones while wearing a Pac-Man hat?
[Image: 57d2BGH.png]
! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! refs
shoutouts to cutesu for the new av!
Thanked by: Kitsu, E-Man, Hiynastrike
When the title mentioned something about a war against Viacom, I couldn't help but remember how YouTube users were in a fuss over Viacom for forcing YouTube to take copyright actions against its users.

Just search for YouTube Poops that discuss Viacom and you'll see what I mean.
(02-27-2014, 07:31 PM)Gors Wrote: DO NOT BE AFRAID TO SUCK. DO NOT BE AFRAID TO SHOW YOUR SUCKY ART. I think this needs to go noticed to everyone, because sucking is not failing. Sucking is part of the fun of learning and if you don't suck, then you won't own at pixelart

it's ok to suck, sucking is not bad, just try and aim to always do your best!
Thanked by:
This game will go nowhere. You'd think that the person who wants to make the game would have at least some experience in programming. But you don't. Instead, you're going to ask other people to program for you, despite the fact that this is a generally stupid and uninteresting idea that you have explained nearly nothing about to begin with. Nobody is interested, so nobody will program it for you. Perhaps if you would like to make a game, then you should learn how to actually make it yourself instead of asking other people (who don't care) to do it.
Thanked by: E-Man, Gors
The only reason why I think you want to make this game is to vilify Viacom for something that happened a long time ago and hardly matters anymore. Is Viacom not that great of a company? In some was, yes, but so are the hundred other corporations that use cash cows and pay little to no attention to its customers. Besides the reason involving YouTube, I don't see any good reason why you want to single them out.

If you want people to help you with your game, that's just super. From what I'm seeing, though, it's very unlikely that anyone will help you program it if you don't make your game interesting enough. So far, you only gave us the bare idea of your game and a handful of sprites. How about fleshing it out? As it is now, it just looks like a typical wish fulfillment story where popular characters team up with what appears to be a self-insert of sorts. Call it a hunch, but I think a name like "NinjaDude" best proves the point of the latter.

[Image: vlpbM9S.png]

Looking at the sprites, though, is there any reason why you chose the Mother 3 style? I know some people like that style, but how about using a more challenging sprite style? The users on this site love a good sprite style, so if you could whip up some flashy sprites from scratch and beef up your story a bit, maybe you might get somewhere.
(02-27-2014, 07:31 PM)Gors Wrote: DO NOT BE AFRAID TO SUCK. DO NOT BE AFRAID TO SHOW YOUR SUCKY ART. I think this needs to go noticed to everyone, because sucking is not failing. Sucking is part of the fun of learning and if you don't suck, then you won't own at pixelart

it's ok to suck, sucking is not bad, just try and aim to always do your best!
Thanked by: Phaze
(12-26-2013, 06:46 PM)E-Man Wrote: The only reason why I think you want to make this game is to vilify Viacom for something that happened a long time ago and hardly matters anymore. Is Viacom not that great of a company? In some was, yes, but so are the hundred other corporations that use cash cows and pay little to no attention to its customers. Besides the reason involving YouTube, I don't see any good reason why you want to single them out.

If you want people to help you with your game, that's just super. From what I'm seeing, though, it's very unlikely that anyone will help you program it if you don't make your game interesting enough. So far, you only gave us the bare idea of your game and a handful of sprites. How about fleshing it out? As it is now, it just looks like a typical wish fulfillment story where popular characters team up with what appears to be a self-insert of sorts. Call it a hunch, but I think a name like "NinjaDude" best proves the point of the latter.

[Image: vlpbM9S.png]

Looking at the sprites, though, is there any reason why you chose the Mother 3 style? I know some people like that style, but how about using a more challenging sprite style? The users on this site love a good sprite style, so if you could whip up some flashy sprites from scratch and beef up your story a bit, maybe you might get somewhere.
I chose Mother 3 because it's easy and I needed an 8-directional style. I will upload more sprites of the characters soon. MegaMan Volnutt,Felicia and Shadow will be in this game. I will improve Ninja's Sprite so it has a shadow,fix a few things,and make more sprites. NinjaDude was a character from a comic I wrote on DeviantArt. The Plot:
In the year 201X,NinjaDude had saved the Earth from another crisis,with a portal gun. He then went to his house and rested. NinjaDude has the ability to teleport into cyberspace via getting KO'd. He then noticed that YouTube was a mess because of Viacom,who had stalked thousands of YouTubers,just to be evil,like the Pigmask army tried to enslave humanity. NinjaDude teams up with Megaman to kick some corporate ass! later,Klonoa is contacted about the issue. The two boys go to Burger King where they find Klonoa. He joins after lunch. Then,after they finish wave 3,they ask Felicia,a 45-year-old catgirl,to join them to help them find ways to entertain themselves. When 299 grunts died,the 300th appears. The 4 get pwned and contact the Ultimate Lifeform--Shadow. He joins. Then,they infiltrate the HQ,and Duel Philippe Dauman. Following defeat,he is forced to scrub all the floors in Uganda. They find the internet Dragon balls to revive the old YouTube and Maria Robotnik,and to give NinjaDude a Hyper form. The 5 warriors disband and NinjaDude is back in the Real World,never to go to teh Internetz again.
I make bad content
Thanked by:
How does that combination of characters even make sense? Shouldn't most of them have something to do with this whole "situation"?
Thanked by:
(12-27-2013, 03:12 PM)Saltonara Wrote: How does that combination of characters even make sense? Shouldn't most of them have something to do with this whole "situation"?

Well,Mega is in it to prevent his friends from being watched 24 freaking 7,Klonoa is in it because Viacom is an evil force that must be broken,Ninja is in it because he is the one who wants the old YouTube back,without supervision of Viacom,the Cat is in it for the sake of freedom of the others,and Shad is in it because Ninja said he'd revive Maria.

a ragtag group indeed;a crossover
I make bad content
Thanked by:
I think a game (and cast) like this would be better off with a little more self-reference instead of solid plot. You have a bunch of fictional characters rising up against a trademarking fiend, there's definitely a Toy Story/Weck-it Ralph-esque story in there somewhere.
[Image: Dexter.png]  [Image: Bubbles.png]  [Image: SNWzHvA.png]   [Image: SamuraiJack2.png] [Image: kQzhJLF.png]  [Image: Pikachu.png] [Image: tSCZnqw.png]
Thanked by: E-Man
(12-27-2013, 05:06 PM)Kriven Wrote: I think a game (and cast) like this would be better off with a little more self-reference instead of solid plot. You have a bunch of fictional characters rising up against a trademarking fiend, there's definitely a Toy Story/Weck-it Ralph-esque story in there somewhere.
Yep. I would rather include references to these five characters' backstories in their descriptions. Megaman V. could be a time traveler,because his story starts 6 millennia after the other 4 characters.
I make bad content
Thanked by:
Does this game delve into the complications of the relationship between Shadow the Hedgehog and Shrek?
[Image: 57d2BGH.png]
! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! refs
shoutouts to cutesu for the new av!
Thanked by: Saltonara, Codestar, Phaze, Kriven
This a genius formula. I'm making a game where the looney toons characters are going up against the post cereal company. BECAUSE THEY USE ARTIFICIAL SWEETENERS IN THEIR PRODUCTS!!! I'll stick my own original character in there somewhere so I can at least feel a little creative.

Thanked by: E-Man, Ashedragon
(12-29-2013, 10:35 PM)Kosheh Wrote: Does this game delve into the complications of the relationship between Shadow the Hedgehog and Shrek?
No. But I will include a fight cutscene between NinjaDude and Klonoa over who likes Felicia.
I make bad content
Thanked by: