Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Jolly Joy Day: Secret Santa Presents!
That's right, it's time for Jolly Joy Day!

Which means, presents!

Simply posting everything here would be boring, so I have prepared a little something for you.

In order to get your presents, you will have to solve some small riddle questions. You'll find them at the website linked below. Some of them should be fairly easy, others may be a bit harder and a few are a bit technical, yet I am sure that you can figure them out. If you don't know the correct answer, there's a whole community here to help, right? To each question, there are three answer options. However, everyone can only send in a single answer - correct or not, you only get one try. I chose that method so everyone can get a chance and no single person would solve them all! Of course, there are ways to trick the system, but you wouldn't cheat on christmas, would you!
The presents are randomly assigned to the questions (I used random.org if you want to know) so if yours is locked by a hard riddle or you're the last in line, that's not intentional. Yet, someone has to be, there's no way around it!
Of course, everyone can participate in unlocking the presents, no matter whether you've been one of the fine Santas or not.
Oh right, you will need a username and password. The username is obvious and the password hidden right here Wink so that shouldn't stop you! I advise you not to try your forum account credentials, though.
Last but not least, a very special Thank You to Ploaj for the amazing music that'll play on the site! Of course I added a mute option in the upper left as is the way of the good web developer, but who'd want to mute that sweet tune?

Solved riddles

Unlocked presents

Have a merry christmas, everyone!

To those few who didn't send in a present:
I leave the choice to you whether you'd like to post your gift yourself, or send it to me so I'd post it.
The username isn't "obvious" and the password isn't "hidden right here Wink"

I feel lied to :C
[Image: 803ce84258.gif]
Thanked by: Previous, psychospacecow
I don't want to make this harder than it is, so let me say that the username is obvious, but your guess at the password isn't quite right. Doesn't that emote stick out of the text? Have a closer look, see what is beyond... or within!

PS: Originally I meant to have it as, "The username and password are obvious", but the web system I use didn't allow a password with such a weak strength of 21 or what was it, so I had to use their odd password generator (whitespaces weren't allowed either or I'd have gone for a witty text as [robo9] assumed).
Why the password, you wonder? I'm paranoid and hence I was afraid some bots may jump in and ruin everything. It may not be likely to happen, but I've had bots on the site before and there is the kind that just tries all the options of an HTML form and smart botnets which don't care about any IP restrictions and... well y'know!!
Thanked by: [robo9], Ploaj, Hiynastrike
So in that case, the password it obviously "[img]http://previousstudios.net/images/wink.png[/img]"
Thanked by:
Is it case sensitive? I've tried everything I can think of but it's all been in lowercase.
Thanked by:
It's a cool idea, Previous, but I cannot seem to access the site at all. Nine out of ten times I clicked the link lead to my browser (it's Safari in case you're wondering) telling me that it can't display the page. As for the other times, I got a screen to type in my password, but I don't know what to type in for it.
(02-27-2014, 07:31 PM)Gors Wrote: DO NOT BE AFRAID TO SUCK. DO NOT BE AFRAID TO SHOW YOUR SUCKY ART. I think this needs to go noticed to everyone, because sucking is not failing. Sucking is part of the fun of learning and if you don't suck, then you won't own at pixelart

it's ok to suck, sucking is not bad, just try and aim to always do your best!
Thanked by:
(12-24-2013, 12:43 PM)E-Man Wrote: As for the other times, I got a screen to type in my password, but I don't know what to type in for it.

The password and everything is a riddle on its own. Also, the page isn't exactly Safari friendly I guess, because it's not working on my iPhone either
Thanked by:
Well, I tried wink, Wink, http://previousstudios.net/images/wink.png, and "[img]http://previousstudios.net/images/wink.png[/img]" as password options, but no dice. I even tired Wink and (; to see what those do.

Considering how cryptic the password is and how I'm not even able to properly access the site through Firefox, are you sure you want to pull through with this, Previous?
(02-27-2014, 07:31 PM)Gors Wrote: DO NOT BE AFRAID TO SUCK. DO NOT BE AFRAID TO SHOW YOUR SUCKY ART. I think this needs to go noticed to everyone, because sucking is not failing. Sucking is part of the fun of learning and if you don't suck, then you won't own at pixelart

Thanked by:
I'll feed you hints if you struggle. With a community as this, it's hard to tell what you'll be able to solve and what not, as not everyone is always there. I know there's a few people who'd solve this one easily, but it certainly is a hard nut for those who haven't seen it before.

I'm not sure about the safari issues, I tested it with Firefox and Internet Explorer (I don't have anything else on this system and figured there's nothing especially fancy on there), but if the login promt itself is an issue, that's beyond my power anyways. It's your standard HTTP auth, I wouldn't have thought an Apple product to fail at it. It's good to know for the future, though. I do hope the actual page itself will work well enough on Safari. I'm sorry for not trying every major browser, I should've known better than that after my struggles to get simple image popups to work on my own page!

Alright, so why do you think I'd have to host the smiley image myself when it's already right here on the forum? Wouldn't it seem like maybe the file itself may not be the very same as the one you'd find here? Now don't go throwing it into MSPaint or the likes - try something that's not meant for image files. Any more word from me and I could just as well tell you the password, ehehe. Good luck!
Thanked by: E-Man, Ploaj, Hiynastrike
Since you put it that way, Previous, I decided to save the image onto my computer and… Well, let's just say I opened the image with a very unexpected application. Once I found the password, I entered it in and it worked! I'll give you props for such a devious riddle, Previous!

Now then, am I allowed to spill the beans on how to open it, or should keep it under wraps?

EDIT: I tried the riddle for myself (it's a Goomba from Link's Awakening wanting to go home to it's game) and this is what I got.

To: Hiyna S. Blackfeather
[Image: ZnRN6CM.jpg]

Thanked by: Hiynastrike, Tellis
The password is "=G9R5zWT+(t!"
Smile
Thanked by:
Looks like Hiyna is getting a little DuckTail
Wooo~

To: Tom Guicote
[Image: J6J8rsu.png]
(large version)
I got this one

To: [robo9]
HOLY SHIT
Tom ily
Thanked by:
(12-24-2013, 01:56 PM)[robo9] Wrote: To: Tom Guicote
[Image: J6J8rsu.png]
(large version)

I LOVE it. It has ALL the SABRE members, even poor Joe there on the ground and the Hermit in the background! Big Grin

Extra credit for Tom floating. Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin
Thanked by: